ADVERTISEMENT

Miami’s Cristobal: QB Tyler Van Dyke ‘has a great chance to be back’ for Pittsburgh

He will drop 17 points on us, which should be more than enough. The only time our offense scored 24+ points since September was vs VT High School

How did you arrive at 17 being more than enough, considering Pitt's offense has scored at least 17 points in every game since VT, with the exception of the Louisville game?

How did you arrive at 17 being more than enough, considering Pitt's offense has scored at least 17 points in every game since VT, with the exception of the Louisville game?

I dont see the O scoring more than 13 and can't rely on defensive or special teams touchdowns.

TVD cannot be that sharp coming off a shoulder injury, and not playing for weeks. Plus, if Pitt's DL is healthy, they will hit him, making it tough for him to stay in game. Pitt's defense should keep them in the game and give them a chance to win. Yes, Miami is playing for bowl eligibility, but the Vegas line has remained steady with Pitt a TD favorite, so I am getting more confident as the week goes on if that line doesn't drop with him playing. One of my favorite sayings is 'Vegas knows best'.

I've seen the last 20 so the pick for me is Miami+.
They'll probably stuff run early then submit Slovis.
And Pitt's d will do their required 'cover no one' scheme giving whoever qb is easy pitch and catch big plays.
Pitt erased a long list of demons last year but this one still there.

I've seen the last 20 so the pick for me is Miami+.
They'll probably stuff run early then submit Slovis.
And Pitt's d will do their required 'cover no one' scheme giving whoever qb is easy pitch and catch big plays.
Pitt erased a long list of demons last year but this one still there.
Which is why I think they erase that demon now.

At the beginning of the year I thought we missed a window with Miami last year

As the year went on though? Nope.

Though i still think Miami plus points is a winner, i wonder about the Miami kids....many from Dade and Broward County, will react on a long holiday weekend.

Time to go home, hang with friends, lose focus or desire and get beat.

Or.....they show up and do their annual Pitt boatracing .

Though i still think Miami plus points is a winner, i wonder about the Miami kids....many from Dade and Broward County, will react on a long holiday weekend.

Time to go home, hang with friends, lose focus or desire and get beat.

Or.....they show up and do their annual Pitt boatracing .

Miami has much better players, do they not?

I cant see THIS Pitt team of all the Pitt teams to be the ones to rise up and break the curse. People are taking Miami way too easy like they do every year. Our record is basically the same besides the fact that they played Clemson while we got Syracuse.

Some are not impressed or have faith in Miami, just like some feel the same way about Pitt. I am aware of the history between the teams, and this year’s results. Miami will play for a bowl, and TVD may be back, but if Vegas feels Pitt is the better team, my optimism feels like Pitt can win. The line would be 10 or so if not for home field advantage factored in.

Nah. Slovis was never playing at a very high level. Pitt didn't really have any crisp sustained drives in the WVU or UT games, and those two teams are really weak in their back 7.

Also, I can't remember specifically, but I seem to recall 2 or 3 WTF type throws against the Vols that bounced around like a pinball before resulting in a catch.

Besides, he's not the first QB who was concussed. Others come back and don't have their whole season turn to crap.

Not trying to knock the guy too hard. I hope he comes back & I'm not throwing in the towel on his development into a solid QB. He's had some flashes here and there, but they have mostly been few and far between.

Yeah, sure, if you consider:

30-48, 503 yards, 2 td and i int in under 6 quarters of play not a high level. I mean, he was averaging 350 yards a game... but, for sure, you shouldnt go by data, or stats, just by whatever you recall, or your gut. Far better, for sure.

And yeah, totally, every person that gets a concussion bounces back in a couple days without a problem, heck, concussions are known for that... you know, knowing exactly how the player is affected and a super short recovery time.

Well, good you didnt try to knock him. But, statistically its pretty clear your gut feeling doesnt really mean much, as we played 2 really good games with the guy before he got hurt.

Yeah, sure, if you consider:

30-48, 503 yards, 2 td and i int in under 6 quarters of play not a high level. I mean, he was averaging 350 yards a game... but, for sure, you shouldnt go by data, or stats, just by whatever you recall, or your gut. Far better, for sure.

And yeah, totally, every person that gets a concussion bounces back in a couple days without a problem, heck, concussions are known for that... you know, knowing exactly how the player is affected and a super short recovery time.

Well, good you didnt try to knock him. But, statistically its pretty clear your gut feeling doesnt really mean much, as we played 2 really good games with the guy before he got hurt.

Here's some stats to consider:. Tennessee is 100 in total defense. West Virginia is 104.

TVD cannot be that sharp coming off a shoulder injury, and not playing for weeks. Plus, if Pitt's DL is healthy, they will hit him, making it tough for him to stay in game. Pitt's defense should keep them in the game and give them a chance to win. Yes, Miami is playing for bowl eligibility, but the Vegas line has remained steady with Pitt a TD favorite, so I am getting more confident as the week goes on if that line doesn't drop with him playing. One of my favorite sayings is 'Vegas knows best'.

Yeah, but we arent healthy. Our 2 top will be out supposedly. we need only one more to get the magic 40 sack mark again this year though, so we should get that. Miami's O line is also banged up, they have a freshman starting at guard. We will need our backups to wreck havoc today to have a chance... which could happen. Kancey, Danielson, Bentley, all are banged up. Lets see some Elliott Donald?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT