ADVERTISEMENT

Miami AT Pitt game thread

only a two man offense tonight everyone else either can't score or is afraid to shoot. Oh well Pitt needs this as incentive to do a better job recruiting

and reed replaced rodriguez? it has to be that way, right?

Tourney hangs in the balance

this is it. Lose this game and we are not going dancing.

Cruzer

Originally posted by Protes:
You don't think Durand, Cam Johnson and Damon Wilson will help?
I don't think any ACC coach frets over those three players at all. Add James Robinson to that mix and you have a backcourt that ranks in the bottom half of the ACC.

Great comment by Gminski, "Pitt's in this, and there's people heading for the exits...if Pitt comes back to win this, they don't deserve to see it.". How true.

I wouldn't call losing to Miami embarassing. Losing to pathetic teams like Hawaii and Wake Forest (which has basically thrown in the towel for the season) is embarassing, Miami is a bubble team

I think Pitt had the offensive rebound on the Artis miss but Robinson knocked the ball away from his own teammate

Losing at home without Angel Rodriguez with your tournament life hanging in the balance is darn close to embarrassing - especially when it's compounded with a blown lead to WAKE FOREST.

I love it. Obviously we lost 2 in a row, but this team has improved greatly...then people get in here and scream we won't be better next year.

Jesus.

Originally posted by SteelManiac55:
Losing at home without Angel Rodriguez with your tournament life hanging in the balance is darn close to embarrassing - especially when it's compounded with a blown lead to WAKE FOREST.
I was told Miami is actually better with Rodriguez out? Anyway this team went into Duke and blasted them this is not a bad team, may even make the NCAA tournament

Originally posted by UPitt129:
I love it. Obviously we lost 2 in a row, but this team has improved greatly...then people get in here and scream we won't be better next year.

Jesus.
We improved but this is a below average team for Pitt. We expect to field a team that can contend for the conference. That did not happen this year and it's not going to happen next year either.

Miami 67 Pitt 63, Final ......

tough loss ..... suspect we will have to win the ACCT to get to the dance now.

Miami has worse losses than us. they stink, but at least they have average guard

Well, see ya next season, I guess? This team provided some thrills throughout the season. Future is bright but these last two are tough to swallow.

Quit with the excuses ...this team suxx...period...if he doesn't add any guards to this team that can make a freakin shot...more of the same next year

Martingale, you are a fairly awful poster and even worse fan. I don't know how any fan could watch the team develop like they have and not be encouraged.

My suggestion would be to follow Kentucky.

Well under the FWIW column, Dixon has to end this decline of Pitt BB. Some major changes have to happen and while Dixon is safe, his tenure may not be as secure as I think now. Still with that contract he has two years to get er done, but another NCAA miss next year and who knows. I think Pitt will be better next year but how much who knows.

Watching this game, I cannot understand why not one coach can convince these kids that 90% of the time, Miami (and most any other team) is going to go to their dominant hand (most times to the right). Tonight I watched us hedge on the screen as the guard went left, only to have him continue left for 2 dribbles and then go back to the right and beat us to the lane. They should especially understand that the larger the man, the more likely he is to want to go right (unless he is a lefty). Lastly, it becomes more pronounced when the clock is running down. The player then goes to their strength -- their dominant hand -- mostly to the right. Why not teach them to play to that tendency. If he goes the other way and makes a great shot, so be it, at least we need to make it hard on them.

Martingale, you are a fairly awful poster and even worse fan. I don't know how any fan could watch the team develop like they have and not be encouraged.

My suggestion would be to follow Kentucky.
How am I a bad fan because I don't drink the kool aid? I am not screaming that the players suck nor that we should fire Dixon.
I just give my honest opinion.

Pitt has two quality players, Young and Artis. Beyond that we have a collection of role players at best. You are not going to finish high in the ACC with that roster.

As for following Kentucky, no thanks. I love Pitt but I don't let my love cloud my judgement. If that offends you, feel free to ignore me.

I just think you are way off base. Jones and jeter made pretty big strides this year, and while newkirk regressed, he still showed potential last year.

To just dismiss them now next year as not being any better...no ifs, ands, iot buts is extremely myopic.

I disagree that Jones and Jeter made "big strides." Neither can defend, and, while both showed flashes of talent, neither showed any kind of consistent progression.

This is not a bad team. Bc is a bad team. So many of the same people screaming now thought pitt would end up with 5 or 6 conference wins and the cbi .

we are pretty bad-lost to wake vatech and got gifted by bc

I just think you are way off base. Jones and jeter made pretty big strides this year, and while newkirk regressed, he still showed potential last year.

To just dismiss them now next year as not being any better...no ifs, ands, iot buts is extremely myopic.
I don't doubt that Jones and Jeter improved. They does not mean they they are quality ACC players now especially Jones.
Don't confuse trend for level. Pitt does not have any guard right now who is a threat to become an above average player for their position in the ACC.

Young and Artis are among the best in their positions in the ACC (not best, but should make some version of the ACC team). After that, Pitt's talent takes a nose dive.

Nor does putting DJ, Cam Johnson, and Wilson change the equation. They give Pitt more depth, but they don't offer more talent. Pitt , next year, will have more depth but I doubt that much more talent. In basketball, quantity is not nearly as important as quality.

Wake is a bad team, so is Virginia tech.

Bc is bad... And we needed a miracle comeback and them to miss layups for the win... To win.
That same bad bc pushed us to the limit at home, too.

We are a bad team.

No, this is not a bad team. I know you said three months ago that the team had no chance to make the Tourney, or even get this close. You seem more than happy to proclaim you were right.

It is a mediocre team...not bad. You sound like the whiney football fans that cry that pitt is the worst program in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT