ADVERTISEMENT

Miami Fan, I come in peace

Feb 15, 2018
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say great game last year. Just wanted to check in to see how your recruiting class finished up. Best of luck next year.

Reactions: KanePA
Who knows? I’ll tell you in three years.

I don’t mean to be a smart Alec, but that’s the only honest answer. Everything else is just nonsense.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say great game last year. Just wanted to check in to see how your recruiting class finished up. Best of luck next year.
Thanks for stopping by. And congratulations on making the 4-team College Football Playoff last season.

Oh, wait a minute....oops! My bad...

Peace!

Reactions: Pittnerski
Thanks for stopping by. And congratulations on making the 4-team College Football Playoff last season.

Oh, wait a minute....oops! My bad...
Richt should commiserate with PSU's Frankin. He suffered the same disappointment at Heinz Field the year before.

The ACC needs the Canes to be great again. Pitt is realistically a year away from being a serious contender in the Coastal.

Hey guys,

Hey guys,

Not anything like yours, but a decent finish to rise to the middle of the ACC.

Hey guys,

Question for Miami fan. Who will be your starting qb next year? If you guys get a qb, you could be dangerous. No offense but that dude last year isn’t the answer.

The ACC needs the Canes to be great again. Pitt is realistically a year away from being a serious contender in the Coastal.
I kind of agree with this. It's good to see the coastal have a national power. Miami is a polarizing program, love em or hate em. I think they are close but horrendous QB play late in season really brought them down to earth. I'd like to see them be an annual top 10 program again though.

Coastal needs one and va tech COULD potentially be there but I don't see that. Everyone else including us is hell and gone from even being close to being considered a national program. I guess hokies and tarheels could be considered more of a top 25 program but not elite..

Question for Miami fan. Who will be your starting qb next year? If you guys get a qb, you could be dangerous. No offense but that dude last year isn’t the answer.

The Qb who isn't in jail, or has charges pending???

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Lol at the name "MiamiCanesYeah" that is rich. I don't know who this guy is that makes 15 different screen names every day but I will hand it to him, some of them are funny. Very strange existence he must have, but I appreciate the bit sometimes.

Lol at the name "MiamiCanesYeah" that is rich. I don't know who this guy is that makes 15 different screen names every day but I will hand it to him, some of them are funny. Very strange existence he must have, but I appreciate the bit sometimes.
Crazy is always entertaining. Sad, but nonetheless entertaining.

Hey guys,

Wont know how this recruiting class is until they start playing... check back in a few years.

I would love too see Pitt, va tech, and Miami at the levels they were at in the early 2000s before the latter two left the big east. Of course hopefully Pitt is even better than back then. Some great games though...

2000 - Michael Vick goes down, Pitt goes blow for blow with the 2nd ranked Hokies, eventually they fall 37-34 after a last second va tech FG.

2001 - not really a thrilling game at all, but va tech came to Heinz field for the first time, they were ranked in the top 15, Pitt had a losing record, panthers roll 38-7.

2002 - va tech again ranked #2 (I believe it was the AP poll), Pitt just outside the top 25, they get back into the top 25 after Brandon miree's td scamper gives Pitt a 28-21 victory in Blacksburg.

2002 - Pitt goes to Miami on a Thursday night in november, canes ranked #1, defending national champs, hadn't lost a game since September of 2000, back and forth battle all night, all comes down to a 4th down for Pitt in the red zone, rutherford's pass too high for yogi Roth and Pitt falls 28-21.

2003 - college game day makes its first visit to Heinz field, Pitt is in the top 25, Hokies in the top 5, Larry fitz of course making a run for the heisman, one of the best college games played at Heinz field, lousaka polite's GW TD run gives Pitt a 31-28 victory.

2003 - final game of the regular season, Miami and va tech leaving for the ACC after the season, de facto big east championship game at Heinz field, Miami looking for yet another conference title, pitt hangs tough but Miami too powerful as the panthers fall 28-14.

2 great rivalries from the big east days. Joining the conference eventually that those two had already left the big east for sets up the chance for future rivalries with these schools. Modest success for those two so far, no national championships or title game appearances like they had in the big east days though. It's good for everyone (except maybe Pitt's recruiting you could argue) if they are successful, and hopefully Pitt has more success this time getting to the top of the conference.

Hey guys,

based on your posting history, gotta think you are the same guy that was the Penn State fan who never was in Pittsburgh before whose post was axed about 10 minutes ago...where the hell is Mueller when you need him?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT