ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Spring Game Attendance

No, he’s an ultra-Catholic buffoon.
And that’s a whole different kind of buffoon, one that’s a lot less clownish, more understated and more relatable to those of us that live north of the Mason Dixon line.

when the national pundits said RR's offense nor defense could work in the B10, it's funny because after he left everyone was mimicking to some extent if not going full board with it.
In the B10?

I disagree. There were no B10 mimics of the RR spread to run. His teams were the least physical teams in Michigan history in the trenches and his undersized 3-3-5 defenses at Michigan were catastrophically bad right to the very end.

People in Columbus, Ohio are insane for Buckeyes football, I lived there 2 years, went to 3 regular games and one spring game, they really have nothing or even care to have anything else, in that city, the only football is on Saturday. If they got an NFL team, I think they'd be 2nd fiddle to tOSU.

People in Columbus, Ohio are insane for Buckeyes football, I lived there 2 years, went to 3 regular games and one spring game, they really have nothing or even care to have anything else, in that city, the only football is on Saturday. If they got an NFL team, I think they'd be 2nd fiddle to tOSU.
Sure it would be. The Rams are second fiddle to USC. The Falcons are second fiddle to Georgia. Jaguars are second fiddle to U of Florida.

In the B10?

I disagree. There were no B10 mimics of the RR spread to run. His teams were the least physical teams in Michigan history in the trenches and his undersized 3-3-5 defenses at Michigan were catastrophically bad right to the very end.
Ohio State absolutely copied what RR was doing. Kerry Coombs is a guy I used to talk to all the time when he was on the trail and he used to say all the time that RR was ruining the B10 because even OSU was copying him. You do remember the Pryor years don't you? RR's system can be categorized a few different ways. Sometimes it was spread to run - see late WVU and Michigan. Sometimes it was spread to throw - see Clemson/Tulane.

In terms of the 3-3-5 defense at Michigan, it was indeed terrible. However, it wasn't due to the scheme, it was due to the lack of talent and probably coaching. The 3-3-5 even against the smashmouth teams turns into an old school 5-3 defense. Matt Campbell has taken RR's 3-3 stuff and modified and it's one of the most popular schemes in football today and has been for the past 10 years.

Sure it would be. The Rams are second fiddle to USC. The Falcons are second fiddle to Georgia. Jaguars are second fiddle to U of Florida.

Very few people in LA care about USC or the sport of football in general. Its just not a football town. When USC is great, they'll draw well because the population is large. But USC is barely on the radar. Its Lakers/Dodgers and soccer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT