ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Tonight & Legends Classic

DC_Area_Panther

Head Coach
Jul 7, 2001
Tonight's game on ESPNU at 6 PM

Sagarin's computer updated after yesterday's results has (#27) Michigan by about 10 over (#123) Pitt. It also gives Michigan a 71% chance of winning. ESPN "gamecast" gives Michigan a 53.8% chance of winning. I suspect that the Sagarin rating better accounts for Hugley, assuming he plays, being limited.

It also has (#66) VCU over (#84) Arizona State by about 2-3 points and with a 63% chance of being the winner. On the other hand, ESPN gamecast gives Arizona state a 50.9% chance of winning.

If both games go as they are Sagarin predicted, Pitt would play Arizona State tomorrow in the second game. A not very good Arizona State would be Sagarin favored by about 2-3 points if that game were today.

Tonight's game on ESPNU at 6 PM

Sagarin's computer updated after yesterday's results has (#27) Michigan by about 10 over (#123) Pitt. It also gives Michigan a 71% chance of winning. ESPN "gamecast" gives Michigan a 53.8% chance of winning. I suspect that the Sagarin rating better accounts for Hugley, assuming he plays, being limited.

It also has (#66) VCU over (#84) Arizona State by about 2-3 points and with a 63% chance of being the winner. On the other hand, ESPN gamecast gives Arizona state a 50.9% chance of winning.

If both games go as they are Sagarin predicted, Pitt would play Arizona State tomorrow in the second game. A not very good Arizona State would be Sagarin favored by about 2-3 points if that game were today.

Reactions: Elsalvador
You don't think Federicko x 2 can shut down a 7'1" C averaging 26.5 ppg? See, I think that matchup is advantage Pitt.
If Hunter was truly any good he would have gone to the NBA and not allowed his hard drive to be discovered on that lap top. Wait am I mixing up Hunters?

If Hunter was truly any good he would have gone to the NBA and not allowed his hard drive to be discovered on that lap top. Wait am I mixing up Hunters?

No, I think you have it right. It all circles back to this guy.

p7892258_b_v8_aa.jpg

Didn't he play for the Rams, or am I nuts?

Turning this off now because I know what's coming. But hanging with them for nine minutes is all I could have asked for. That was pretty cool. Like knowing your wife is going to leave you but finding out her new guy isn't quite as rich as you'd have guessed.

This team absolutely cannot keep guys in front of them. The defense I am seeing is among the worst I've ever seen at Pitt. Capel is going to have to abandon the man defense. These guys arent quick enough to keep guys in front. Michigan has now made 8 layups in a row. This is a disgrace.

Might be the poorest defense I have seen at any level, including girls basketball. This is just unreal, it is like we are trapped in a tar pit and the other team is on ice skates.

Might be the poorest defense I have seen at any level, including girls basketball. This is just unreal, it is like we are trapped in a tar pit and the other team is on ice skates.
Yea, honestly you might be right. This is now 9 layups in a row they've made (not counting 1 missed 3). We cant play man. This needs to stop

And now the soccer flopping is starting. When you fall after a player bumps you, the foul should be on you. Stay on your feet!

Reactions: sonofabit
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. A flop on Hinson which is the correct call but guys are allowed to flop like they've been shot by a sniper if a 6'0 guy bumps them in a half-court set

Oh well, gonna be a long year. With this defense teams will shoot 50 to 65 percent against us. It pretty much means we need to be perfect on the offensive end to win.

Has the color commentator yet to say anything about any of the Pitt players?

Oh well, gonna be a long year. With this defense teams will shoot 50 to 65 percent against us. It pretty much means we need to be perfect on the offensive end to win.
Thing is, this team has enough offensive talent to get to the bubble. However, we dont run an offense so we cannot count on our offense to score consistently enough. We are going to have droughts. Defensively though, we cant guard anyone. All teams need to do is spread and drive.

This is an honest question. Do we run any sets on offense? Does Capel ever call a play?
there needs to be some sort of continuity offense when you’re at a school like Pitt. Chin action where you’re running a bunch of different stuff with a bunch of counters based on the way the defense is playing would be much better than this

Thing is, this team has enough offensive talent to get to the bubble. However, we dont run an offense so we cannot count on our offense to score consistently enough. We are going to have droughts. Defensively though, we cant guard anyone. All teams need to do is spread and drive.
Lol who is good on offense besides the highly inefficient Hugley? Hinson because he made shots against a D2/ low team? Fede isn’t. Santos is hit or miss. Every one of our guards is a ball dominant guard who can’t shoot or create for others. This team is seriously bereft of talent

You did just watch them getting blown out by WVU at home, yes?

Yes. This looks like a bunch of guys on the playground playing. Like there isn't a structure. It's like I haven't shot in a while my turn. Maybe there is a plan behind it but it's not being executed.

there needs to be some sort of continuity offense when you’re at a school like Pitt. Chin action where you’re running a bunch of different stuff with a bunch of counters based on the way the defense is playing would be much better than this
They arent running any chin action. I tried hard to figure out what they were running on offense and I cant figure it out.

They arent running any chin action. I tried hard to figure out what they were running on offense and I cant figure it out.
I know they aren’t lol. I’m saying they need something resembling this to manufacture points because they aren’t good at creating their own. Oftentimes when you give players freedom who don’t deserve it, you end up with a product like this. Capel should be directing damn near every possession

A good coach can manufacture 6-7 easy buckets a game. I can’t remember one in the half court in the last 5 years

Yes. This looks like a bunch of guys on the playground playing. Like there isn't a structure. It's like I haven't shot in a while my turn. Maybe there is a plan behind it but it's not being executed.
I know they aren’t lol. I’m saying they need something resembling this to manufacture points because they aren’t good at creating their own. Oftentimes when you give players freedom who don’t deserve it, you end up with a product like this. Capel should be directing damn near every possession

A good coach can manufacture 6-7 easy buckets a game. I can’t remember one in the half court in the last 5 years
Folks. Entertain yourselves. Pick out a Pitt player. Any Pitt player. And watch him at the offensive end. OMG.

If we can lose the 2nd half by 6 I would consider it a respectable evening. Anything better than that is gravy.

Box out for crissakes

Every foul being called on PITT also absurdly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT