ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Tonight & Legends Classic

I finally get to see my Alma Mater play my parents Alma Mater in a sport and it’s disastrously embarrassing

Thanks Capel

How has Capel put this product on the court for 5 years with the same coaching staff the whole time? Is he under that little pressure from his bosses? There are plenty of schools that wouldn't have fired him yet due to $$, but how can this university pretend to care about sports when we let this clown keep the same losers who can't coach or recruit as assistants for 5 years?

Reactions: BFo8
Wow, that was embarrassing. I’d love to hear a Mic’ed Up with Jeff Capel to hear what he actually says during the Times Out.

At least the concession stands at The Pete won’t have long lines this season.

Reactions: HailToPitt1985
Wow, that was embarrassing. I’d love to hear a Mic’ed Up with Jeff Capel to hear what he actually says during the Times Out.

At least the concession stands at The Pete won’t have long lines this season.

"What are you guys thinking for the bus ride home: SpaghettiO's or Hamburger Helper?"

• Haha
Reactions: PittAU
Man, we stink. Completely uncompetitive, purposeless basketball.

This “period” of Pitt basketball. It’s just not going to end, is it?
Sadly, it feels like we are entering a dark age for meaningful panther athletics.

Basketball....well....
Football...one good year to build up hope...and then back to the same old sh!t

Here’s what’s really a sad thought , Pitt bb would be better off today had Kevin Stallings been retained as HC ! Never thought I‘d think that let alone say it .

Reactions: Black Panther
Here’s what’s really a sad thought , Pitt bb would be better off today had Kevin Stallings been retained as HC ! Never thought I‘d think that let alone say it .

Stallings was a better coach than Capel. And Stallings sucked big time.

Like was said before, put a high school coach in there and he'd do a better job than this Capel clown.

That charge on Hinson right at the end was egregious.

I am usually calm watching these games ESPECIALLY during Stallings/Capel since I know we are going to lose and Pitt basketball has lost all purpose. That said, I cant remember ever being so upset at 1 call as I was with that one, screaming at the TV like some old grandpa. The flopping is taking a toll on me. Now I guess I can understand why people are turned off by soccer but flopping in basketball is about a million times worse than soccer.

I’d have them running chin action for 90k

I am known for having wacky ideas but honestly, I would love it if they hired a WPIAL coach for 90K and used the savings to funnel like $20 million into an NIL fund to go out and buy the best players they can. I'd take whoever is coaching Avonworth + elite college talent over whoever wins the MAAC this year.

I am known for having wacky ideas but honestly, I would love it if they hired a WPIAL coach for 90K and used the savings to funnel like $20 million into an NIL fund to go out and buy the best players they can. I'd take whoever is coaching Avonworth + elite college talent over whoever wins the MAAC this year.
What if Iona wins the MAAC?

I know this is blasphemy, but I was thinking the same thing. This travesty so much remined me of Stalling's second season. At least the team he trotted out was of non-Duke caliber freshman. And I could understand the end result.

For the first time in fifty years, I am beginning to lose hope.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT