ADVERTISEMENT

Mississippi State vs LSU (Fightin' Canadas)

RHS14

Freshman
Aug 9, 2017
Into the 3rd quarter, LSU only has 100 yards of offense and is losing 17-7.

Are you rooting for / against Matt Canada or indifferent?

I am rooting against him! Your home-boy Pat Narduzzi brings you in and gives you a great shot, then you leave him and bounce after one season for the same position, and a few (relative here) extra bucks!

Hope Canada's offense clunks, and the LSU fanbase turns on him, like he turned on Pat Narduzzi!

Hail to Pitt!

Reactions: PittGuyYessir
Yeah idk. Can't blame him for leaving while his stock is as high as it probably ever would be.

But being the bitter, jaded Pitt fan I am, I find myself now laughing at the idea of all the LSU fans calling for his head if they continue to struggle.

LSU is getting pounded by MSU. Canada's offense looks pretty rough, even with the level of recruits they get at LSU.

Canadas leash will be shorter there than it is at a school like Pitt...he wont get fired with a bad offense this year obviously but 3 years no results, hes gone....Pitt had a good offense, good line last year, it didnt mean Canada would replicate this elsewhere. Pitt would be really no better off with Canada this year than they are now

Canadas leash will be shorter there than it is at a school like Pitt...he wont get fired with a bad offense this year obviously but 3 years no results, hes gone....Pitt had a good offense, good line last year, it didnt mean Canada would replicate this elsewhere. Pitt would be really no better off with Canada this year than they are now

I was thinking something similar.

Canada had a much better chance to become a head coach by staying at Pitt, and building on what he had last year - unless his offense at LSU lights the scoreboard up for the remainder of this season.

A down season at Pitt this year could be explained away by the loss of QB, RB, OL, etc., much easier than a down year at a school like LSU.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
The Canada rumblings actually began a few weeks ago when the offense looked like shit against what we now know is a bad BYU team.

Probably have For Sale signs in his yard after tonight.

Hypothetical Situation - Canada gets canned at the end of the year and Watson does a poor job. Do you hire Canada back if you are Pitt?

Hypothetical Situation - Canada gets canned at the end of the year and Watson does a poor job. Do you hire Canada back if you are Pitt?

Good question.

I wouldn't. Pitt fans would expect he to beat 2015's offense, and that won't happen anytime soon - regardless of coach. The head coach would get the blame if production is lower.

It's the Pederson principle....

Likely he wouldn't achieve the same level of success

Dude had his chance to stay.... sowwy but no

I agree about Pitt & Canada. They wouldn't be any better off than they are now.

I think the whole staff at LSU will be gone by year 3 if this doesn't get a lot better fast.

Orgeron a lot like Wanny, really good coordinator but not suited to be head guy.

Unbelievable recruiter and seems very likable, just not a great fit as head coach.

Wanny gave Pitt their best 3 year stretch in over 30 years.

O went 10-25 in 3 years at Ole Miss, 3-21 in conference. How many years do you think Coach JoJo could hold down a NFL gig?

I'd say there is a huge difference.

Canada won't make it past next year if the offense doesn't improve thats for sure.

Duzz might be in that same boat

Mentioned this in another thread, but when I said last year that the jury was still out on Narduzzi people acted like I was the biggest idiot on the planet.

It takes a few years to really tell, for all his faults Chryst did a hell of a job in building up the offensive line, and that masks a lot of other issues. The WR group is incredibly weak, the only one who looks like a solid D1 receiver is Weah, and he's a guy that a year ago was looked at as almost a joke.

I don't think this is a bad team in spite of what they've shown, but if they don't beat Georgia Tech I can see the season spiraling downward quickly.

Wanny gave Pitt their best 3 year stretch in over 30 years.

O went 10-25 in 3 years at Ole Miss, 3-21 in conference. How many years do you think Coach JoJo could hold down a NFL gig?

I'd say there is a huge difference.

Cmon man, I'm sure you watched Wanny's performances on gameday, he was wretched.

Let's say he was slightly better than Orgeron and Orgeron was a little better recruiter. Apples and oranges to me.

Cmon man, I'm sure you watched Wanny's performances on gameday, he was wretched.

Let's say he was slightly better than Orgeron and Orgeron was a little better recruiter. Apples and oranges to me.

And how far we have come! Wanny has a coaching staff paid for in coupons. A recruiting budget of a green machine for travel to visit. I am surprised he did as well as he did at Pitt with NO SUPPORT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT