ADVERTISEMENT

Moe-bservations ACC Game 15 - BC

Chairman Moe

All Conference
Nov 4, 2003
Just around the corner from Paradise
-- All 5 of the starters in double figures
-- Huge game on the defensive end as well as in rebounding advantage
-- Fede squared was the "X factor" as the color analyst said tonight; held Post to 7 points (fouled out) and had 3 blocks
-- Fede probably traveled on his dunk but the energy he brought on that was great
-- BH2 was in fuego and also played great D; snagged 7 boards as well
-- JB11 was his usual solid self on D and kept energy on the O end; as did NC0
--GE3 made his threes after the slowish start
-- Pitt lost only 2 of the 10 4-minute possessions
-- Another double digit win at home and it looked easy; 24 points in transition will do that
-- 12th ACC conference win - most since they joined - and are now solo first place
-- Wish that Fisch could've scored but he did have a rebound!
-- Win vs VT on Saturday and only a total idiot AP voter would not have us #25 or higher
-- Hail to Pitt!!

Last edited:
That isn't right. In the first half we were up five at the under 16 commercial break and down six at the under 12. In the second half we were up nine at the half and were up eight at the under 16. And we were up 25 at the under 4 and won by 19.

So seven wins and three losses.
@Joe the Panther Fan

I gave the under 16 at the start of the second half a tie. I didn't notice the final 4 minutes but by then the game was over. I stand corrected, thank you. I'll revise it to 7-2-1. You ok with that?

I gave the under 16 at the start of the second half a tie. I didn't notice the final 4 minutes but by then the game was over. I stand corrected, thank you. I'll revise it to 7-2-1

Why is going from 9 to 8 a tie? If it is, why was the second half under eight to under four when it went from 24 to 25 not also a tie?

Reactions: PittPoker
Maybe Pitt can drop from a 9 seed in Lunardi and Palm’s bracket to a 12 or 13 seed tonight after only winning by 19 points tonight against BC. Palm was talking today about Pitt still being a fringe bubble team still at the moment. It’s ridiculous how badly the AP people and the voters are screwing this Pitt team around.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
-- All 5 of the starters in double figures
-- Huge game on the defensive end as well as in rebounding advantage
-- Fede squared was the "X factor" as the color analyst said tonight; held Post to 7 points (fouled out) and had 3 blocks
-- Fede probably traveled on his dunk but the energy he brought on that was great
-- BH2 was in fuego and also played great D; snagged 7 boards as well
-- JB11 was his usual solid self on D and kept energy on the O end; as did NC0
--GE3 made his threes after the slowish start
-- Pitt lost only 2 of the 10 4-minute possessions
-- Another double digit win at home and it looked easy; 24 points in transition will do that
-- 12th ACC conference win - most since they joined - and are now solo first place
-- Wish that Fisch could've scored but he did have a rebound!
-- Win vs VT on Saturday and only a total idiot AP voter would not have us #25 or higher
-- Hail to Pitt!!
Is there a particular reason for dividing the game into 10 4-minute segments as opposed to 8 5-minute sections?

It's a serious question. I'm not trying to be argumentative.

Is there a particular reason for dividing the game into 10 4-minute segments as opposed to 8 5-minute sections?

It's a serious question. I'm not trying to be argumentative.
That's what the team keeps preaching: win every 4:00 segment. There is an automatic tv time out after every 4 minutes of play. It occurs when there's a stoppage of play (foul, turnover, blocks shot out of bounds, etc)

I was surprised to see the small bearded gent from BC was their leading scorer. I don’t remember him doing anything other than shooting the airball.

Dude. Why do you have to argue and pick apart everything someone posts?

I wasn't arguing. I was simply pointing out the facts. This isn't one of those things where people can have different opinions, like whether or not Jamarious Burton should be the ACC player of the year. Whether you outscored a team or not over a certain stretch of a game is a simple, factual thing. You either did, or you did not.

I understand that a lot of people don't like facts that get in the way of their opinions, but that doesn't change the facts.

That's what the team keeps preaching: win every 4:00 segment. There is an automatic tv time out after every 4 minutes of play. It occurs when there's a stoppage of play (foul, turnover, blocks shot out of bounds, etc)

Yeah, coaches talk about that sort of thing all the time. Win the next "segment". The segments run from one TV timeout to the next one. Coaches who are behind tell their guys not to worry about making up the whole deficit, just close the margin by the next timeout. If we keep doing that we can still win the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT