ADVERTISEMENT

Morton committing Thursday

If Capel is the recruiter most on here were crowing about when he was hired, it’s gettin time to put behind the excuse making and see him break through on a tough get....

So far it’s been underwhelming....can’t afford another yr of misses he needs a score.

If Capel is the recruiter most on here were crowing about when he was hired, it’s gettin time to put behind the excuse making and see him break through on a tough get....

So far it’s been underwhelming....can’t afford another yr of misses he needs a score.

Pitt is a lot more irrelevant than Purdue right now. We haven't done anything in basketball for the past 3 years, and our current recruiting situation is abysmal. Capel needs to get at least one decent, top 100 recruit this year and a top 50 in the next couple of years if he's as good of a recruiter as some claim he is. But that would just be a start.

Lots of BB, but Not the big 10

Sure you do. Your posts sound like you don't know a hoop from a hole in the ground.

Purdue was ranked in the top 10 all season long in 2018-2019 (this comes from looking at national rankings). They were THIS close to reaching the final four (this was NCAA tournament not just a big 10 game). Their leading scorer this past season was an All-American(discussed by talking heads throughout the entire college BB landscape). Their head coach has been there for 15 + seasons (reviewing publications and keeping up with general knowledge). They have a strong college basketball program in place. (this is acquired by having a good working knowledge of college basketball even if one goes out of their way to avoid B1G 10 games.)

Morton obviously liked what they were selling. It was pretty clear, early on, that he was NOT staying local.

GET. OVER. IT. !!!!

Sure you do. Your posts sound like you don't know a hoop from a hole in the ground.

Purdue was ranked in the top 10 all season long in 2018-2019 (this comes from looking at national rankings). They were THIS close to reaching the final four (this was NCAA tournament not just a big 10 game). Their leading scorer this past season was an All-American(discussed by talking heads throughout the entire college BB landscape). Their head coach has been there for 15 + seasons (reviewing publications and keeping up with general knowledge). They have a strong college basketball program in place. (this is acquired by having a good working knowledge of college basketball even if one goes out of their way to avoid B1G 10 games.)

Morton obviously liked what they were selling. It was pretty clear, early on, that he was NOT staying local.

GET. OVER. IT. !!!!
Yes I do, you are a hole in the ground. Other then mich St in BB the big 10 is over rated in both football and basketball. You must get all that info from stat books. Pitt almost made final 4 also but they didn't either

Yes you are, but. I don't care about stats, rankings and most of the time the NCAA tourney, I just like to watch BB games, how many people around here has Purdue as their favorite team, not many I'll bet, unlike you, I have a life outside college sports

Yes you are, but. I don't care about stats, rankings and most of the time the NCAA tourney, I just like to watch BB games, how many people around here has Purdue as their favorite team, not many I'll bet, unlike you, I have a life outside college sports
Given this is a Pitt site, I imagine few would be Purdue fans. If you went to the Purdue site, I suspect the ratios may change.

Again, as I said in a previous thread, this kid has UVa all over his style and talents. I just can't believe how much the local hilljacks are enamored with the Big 10.
I don’t get it either. UVA is a great university, has an excellent coach, and plays in the best basketball conference.

I’d be happy to compare lives any time you’d like.

I’d be happy to compare lives any time you’d like.

tenor.gif

I don’t get it either. UVA is a great university, has an excellent coach, and plays in the best basketball conference.
You don’t get it because you’re not Ethan Morton.

Whatever his personal reasons for choosing Purdon’t may be, nobody has any business questioning them.

You don’t get it because you’re not Ethan Morton.

Whatever his personal reasons for choosing Purdon’t may be, nobody has any business questioning them.
I was replying to another poster and his comments. Stay in the context if you want to chime in.

You agree that you made an irrelevant post in an attempt to explain away your original ridiculousness?

What an odd thing to do.
You are an odd thing. I agreed that nobody around here is or will be a Purdue fan just like nobody in Indiana will be a pit fan like the other poster said, nobody here is going to cheer for Purdue, Morton will be out of touch there. As far as notoriety goes would have been better in ACC then a less Publicized Purdue big 10 team. ACC top conference basketball and football. Then sec

You are an odd thing. I agreed that nobody around here is or will be a Purdue fan just like nobody in Indiana will be a pit fan like the other poster said, nobody here is going to cheer for Purdue, Morton will be out of touch there. As far as notoriety goes would have been better in ACC then a less Publicized Purdue big 10 team. ACC top conference basketball and football. Then sec

You really think the ACC is a better football conference than the SEC?

You really think the ACC is a better football conference than the SEC?
No, Not by itself, but combine with basketball overall yes ACC is better, that's what my last post said, both sports combined, you got to read it all. And totally my opinion

You are an odd thing. I agreed that nobody around here is or will be a Purdue fan just like nobody in Indiana will be a pit fan like the other poster and, nobody here is going to cheer for Purdue, Morton will be out of touch there. As far as notoriety goes would have been better in ACC then a less Publicized Purdue big 10 team. ACC top conference basketball and football. Then sec

What difference does it make if anyone here cheers for Purdue? The people he cares about will cheer for him. Purdue fans will cheer for him. It's no different than if he picked any other school, including the one we were all hoping he would pick.

If he turns out to be a solid college bb player he’ll get all the attention he needs . Playing in front of 5000 Pitt fans on a bottom dweller isn’t like playing ball in a bb crazy state like Indiana .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT