ADVERTISEMENT

MSOC vs UCF, 3:00 pm on Thursday

You can find the link to stream the broadcast by clicking on this tweet:

We have 3 SOG. All goals. They have 7. All saved. They had 3 terrible defensive blunders for our 3 goals.

Worrisome that they have dominated possession. Their high press has prevented us from building from the back, which is what Vidovich likes to do. They have used dummy passes really well. But, our defense has so far prevented them from any really great shots. Only two of Campesano’s saves have been really hard. But, both came in the final 6 minutes.

3-0 we shouldn’t have to worry, right? I’m worried.

We have 3 SOG. All goals. They have 7. All saved. They had 3 terrible defensive blunders for our 3 goals.

Worrisome that they have dominated possession. Their high press has prevented us from building from the back, which is what Vidovich likes to do. They have used dummy passes really well. But, our defense has so far prevented them from any really great shots. Only two of Campesano’s saves have been really hard. But, both came in the final 6 minutes.

As Pitt fans, we should always worry.

Looking like another Pitt vs Washington Elite 8 matchup, just like volleyball a few weeks ago.

I don't think so. Volleyball, you have a fresh start each set.

I mean UCF is dominating possession, but Pitt is playing good defense and capitalizing on their chances.

Now if you mean maybe some fans think this is over (which I don't know if anyone does), no it's not over.

I don't think so. Volleyball, you have a fresh start each set.

I mean UCF is dominating possession, but Pitt is playing good defense and capitalizing on their chances.

Now if you mean maybe some fans think this is over (which I don't know if anyone does), no it's not over.
I think he means that if Pitt wins, they’ll play Washington in the Elite 8, just like they did in volleyball.

Reactions: Dointhatrag

UCF wasn't good. Once it was 2-0, I knew it was over. Yes, we scored on blunders but having watched every ACC team this season, I would say UCF would have possibly finished last in the ACC.

One big obstacle out of the way.

Should be an interesting quarterfinal for Pitt. Only two teams have scored four or more in a game. Pitt’s done it twice, the other team is going home. On the flip side, Washington is the only team not to concede through the first two games (assuming that Indiana nets at least one against Marquette in the game they’re currently playing). I believe that offensive prowess and the ability to counterpunch and capitalize on mistakes will give Pitt the edge on Monday, but they’ll still need to play their best to advance.

I wanted another shot at Clemson. Oh well. Gotta get to the Final first. IU worries me before the Final, yet they were almost ousted too. It’s soccer anything can happen.

Indiana’s on the ropes and might be on the next Greyhound back to Bloomington if they can’t equalize. UNC is up on #4 Stanford at the half. The chalk is starting to crumble, which to me would seem to benefit Pitt’s chances long term.

I wanted another shot at Clemson. Oh well. Gotta get to the Final first. IU worries me before the Final, yet they were almost ousted too. It’s soccer anything can happen.
Washington concerns me more than Indiana. Big Ten soccer blows.....though IU has does have a great program. I absolutely loved our draw with Clemson, Wake, and Gtown on the other side. I thought those were the 3 best teams besides us but of course Clemson is gone now. We are better than Washington and IU. Doesn't mean we'll beat them though

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I'm not worried about anything else but washington. That's going to be tough.
I wasn't impressed with them in the 1st Half. Nothing about them scared me. Missouri State was the better team in the 1st Half. I didn't watch the 2nd Half, however.

Pitt is better, no doubt. But that does not mean we will win. Pitt's problem is they are a little shaky in the back. They play the soccer equivalent of Todd Graham High Octane (ok bad analogy). Its offense, offense, offense and sometimes they are left vulnerable in the back. Their fullbacks are essentially wingbacks or even midfielders. We need to avoid conceding that 1st goal. If we can avoid Washington scoring early and then just sitting back, we'll be in good shape.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT