ADVERTISEMENT

MSOCCER - “The Rematch”

I’ve watched some of the games on ACCN but I’m more of a casual soccer fan. I thought they won the ACC when they beat UVA. How are they still playing for the bid. Is this like the ACC championship?

Edit: Okay I see this is an NCAA qualifier. Do they normally do that within the conference? Seems like #1 vs #4 is a tough matchup for a qualifying round.

I’ve watched some of the games on ACCN but I’m more of a casual soccer fan. I thought they won the ACC when they beat UVA. How are they still playing for the bid. Is this like the ACC championship?

Edit: Okay I see this is an NCAA qualifier. Do they normally do that within the conference? Seems like #1 vs #4 is a tough matchup for a qualifying round.
The tourney was in the fall for the championship, this is for the aq for the conference. Pitt won the Coastal when they beat uva. This is just a weird year because of covid. They split the season. Usually this is all in the fall.

The tourney was in the fall for the championship, this is for the aq for the conference. Pitt won the Coastal when they beat uva. This is just a weird year because of covid. They split the season. Usually this is all in the fall.
Just a weird situation. The championship banner was earned by Clemson in the Fall which in a non Covid year would have also brought the auto bid for the tourney..but this game tonight is for the automatic bid. I’ve seen some people refer to it as the ACC Championship game, which it is not. What’s on line is a higher seed in the NCAA because both teams will be in the tourney. The winner of this match could get the #1 seed overall.

Just a weird situation. The championship banner was earned by Clemson in the Fall which in a non Covid year would have also brought the auto bid for the tourney..but this game tonight is for the automatic bid. I’ve seen some people refer to it as the ACC Championship game, which it is not. What’s on line is a higher seed in the NCAA because both teams will be in the tourney. The winner of this match could get the #1 seed overall.

I think that it's obvious that what this game tonight is all about was making the spring conference season be "worth" something. Since they gave out the conference championship in the fall, what was there to play for this spring? So splitting into the two divisions and having the winners play for the auto-berth in the ACC tournament was something to play for.

Even if both of the teams playing in the game were almost certain to be NCAA locks anyway.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Pretty poor officiating but it’s not like we’ve done anything with the chances we’ve had. Ball handling has been very sloppy.

It was a very poor performance. Noel became invisible after complaining about the non-foul and getting a yellow card. Petkovic totally lost it at the end of the first half. The wrong guys got the best chances. There was no flow at all to the match for Pitt.

If you look at it from both sides, Clemson did a good job limiting our opportunities in front of goal. It seems our best opportunities landed at the feet of the freshman kid who lacked the composure to finish. They were two high quality chances that he probably has put away his whole life and he will moving forward. But it’s soccer and it’s a funny game sometimes.
Pitt was the better team in the 2nd half but it just didn’t happen. I would suspect that Jay will make the adjustments if they were to meet again.

If you look at it from both sides, Clemson did a good job limiting our opportunities in front of goal. It seems our best opportunities landed at the feet of the freshman kid who lacked the composure to finish. They were two high quality chances that he probably has put away his whole life and he will moving forward. But it’s soccer and it’s a funny game sometimes.
Pitt was the better team in the 2nd half but it just didn’t happen. I would suspect that Jay will make the adjustments if they were to meet again.
My thoughts exactly.

Should they meet again, I predict a Pitt win.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT