ADVERTISEMENT

$MU: HOLY CRAP

Enlighten me with your inside info. I'm open to hearing what you know. Or, as I said, are you just here to lob insults because you saw something you didn't agree with?
I have a very good and close friend that is an SMU grad and still lives in Dallas. They have more billionaires than you can shake a stick at and every bit as much as A&M and Texas. I’ve met some of these “good ole” boys and money is not an option. When SMU was in there heyday THEY set the standard for money and gifts before it was even vogue to do so. Ask Oklahoma and Texas how hard it was to recruit against them back then.

I have a very good and close friend that is an SMU grad and still lives in Dallas. They have more billionaires than you can shake a stick at and every bit as much as A&M and Texas. I’ve met some of these “good ole” boys and money is not an option. When SMU was in there heyday THEY set the standard for money and gifts before it was even vogue to do so. Ask Oklahoma and Texas how hard it was to recruit against them back then.
Not true. Texas A&M and Texas have more rich donors than anyone except Oregon

Last edited:
Reactions: pittdan77

Amber Riley Tea GIF

Thanks for the link. You have to wonder if SMU now being in the ACC brings out a lot more chunk athletic donations.

It would be interesting to revisit those numbers in a few years. 🤷‍♀️
Maybe. A lot of the recent money I suspect is a one time gift. If they win on the field, donors will give on a more consistent basis, but not the big numbers they're getting now. We'll see...

Save this post and let's see what happens now that SMU is in a P4 conference.

"Forbes recently looked at the top 660 colleges in America and ranked 28 schools based on the number of billionaires on their “Forbes 400” Two schools from the Lone Star State – SMU and the University of Texas at Austin – made the list with three billionaires each."

Funny, no Texas A&M on the Forbes list. Hmmm. Here is a thought. Maybe, just maybe Texas and Texas A&M have three times the Alumni as SMU. So like I said save this post and we will see what happens. I am not saying the kind of numbers of the other two schools but as far as football goes they will spend equally as much.

Last edited:
Reactions: 303vND

"Forbes recently looked at the top 660 colleges in America and ranked 28 schools based on the number of billionaires on their “Forbes 400” Two schools from the Lone Star State – SMU and the University of Texas at Austin – made the list with three billionaires each."

Funny, no Texas A&M on the Forbes list. Hmmm. Hear is a thought. Maybe, just maybe Texas and Texas A&M have three times the Alumni as SMU. So like I said save this post and we will see what happens. I am not saying the kind of numbers of the other two schools but as far as football goes they will spend equally as much.
A&M may not have any billionaires, but due to being such a big school that have a ton of millionaires willing to piss there money away on a linebacker.

Funny, no Texas A&M on the Forbes list. Hmmm. Hear is a thought. Maybe, just maybe Texas and Texas A&M have three times the Alumni as SMU. So like I said save this post and we will see what happens. I am not saying the kind of numbers of the other two schools but as far as football goes they will spend equally as much.
What kind of credibility does this article have if Texas A&M is not on the list????? That is insane. The number of Billionaires doesn't mean squat if they don't give. I'd venture to say the Duke has more billionaires than SMU. How are they doing in football?

Last edited:
What kind of credibility does this article have if Texas A&M is not on the list????? That is insane. The number of Billionaires doesn't mean squat if they don't give. I'd venture to say the Duke has more billionaires than SMU. How are they doing in football?

Are the Duke finance bros college football fans? Probably not.

Reactions: WCC946
Take it up with Forbes Magazine. That’s where it came from. I would think Forbes is a little more reputable than 247 just a thought

The 12th Man Foundation at A&M pulls in $850 million per year. Texas is doing around $766 million per year. Again, that's per year without anything special happening. This David Miller (billionaire) guy got $200 million in donation commitments from SMU's "richest donors" that triggered this big news story.

Reactions: pittmeister
The 12th Man Foundation at A&M pulls in $850 million per year. Texas is doing around $766 million per year. Again, that's per year without anything special happening. This David Miller (billionaire) guy got $200 million in donation commitments from SMU's "richest donors" that triggered this big news story.

You can pay players now. And a football payroll isnt going to be more than like $50 million at the blue bloods. My guess is that SMU's player payroll will be as much as Texas and A&M

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT