ADVERTISEMENT

Must Win— Let’s Brawl!

If we only started the game like we have played the last eight or so minutes we should be up 40. This WVU team is not good.

I like Lowe, but WVU switches to a zone and he
dribbles, doesn't give it up and goes into the lane
for a short J, air ball. It's a zone! You're the PG,
call the change in D, and and set up our zone
offense. GEEEZE!

Twins have chemistry when on the floor together. Best thing for us going forward - short term and long term - is for them to start and Fede and Austin to be bench fodder.
Based on tonight, I would say your right. I don't want to give up on Fede, but, I just don't know what the hell happened to him? He wasn't this bad at any point last season.

The best thing is that huggy bear is drinking 40ouncers while he is enjoying this game.

I’m waiting for something like

“ tell grandma to get outta that kitchen cause Hinson isssss cooookkkking”

from these announcer bozos

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
This is a team that we are much better than. But the environment and all their nonsense could have been tough. Plus this game was close at the half.

Great composure in the second half. Just methodically handled business and sucked the life out of them.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
Fede definitely was given the ball in better spots. He has never been a guy you can throw the ball into. He is a guy that needs lobs

WVU is VERY bad. We got hot late and
that made us look better than we played.
Leggett's second half really helped
got us going. Hinson?.....he's looks for the
logo on different courts.

That's the way I'm looking at it. wvu is a very, very BAD team and very poorly coached. We played well in the second half and were fortunate that Blake was hitting those 3's and that this was not a legitimate opponent. We'll need the bench to help out as they did tonight and to do more scoring with penetration and within 10 feet of the basket if we hope to compete in the ACC, top to bottom.

I'll go on record as saying that I think Jaland Lowe will turn out to be an outstanding player for Pitt as the year progresses. Bub is really good, but I think Jaland has more upside potential.

Reactions: Chescat
Shooting like that is great, won't
happen that often. I just wish we
had some kind of inside game to
go with it.
If I got to choose right now, I would rather have a good inside defense than a good low post offense. We could afford to miss some shots and get through some offensive cool spells if we could get stops. We just give up to many easy baskets to everyone we play. Some of it is lack of quickness and effort, but, Fede and for the most part, the twins, just get caught so flat footed or they leave there feet early and commit fouls.
It's frustrating because we can be better. If we want to really improve as a team, we have to get better at keeping teams out of the lane and make them take tougher shots.

If I got to choose right now, I would rather have a good inside defense than a good low post offense. We could afford to miss some shots and get through some offensive cool spells if we could get stops. We just give up to many easy baskets to everyone we play. Some of it is lack of quickness and effort, but, Fede and for the most part, the twins, just get caught so flat footed or they leave there feet early and commit fouls.
It's frustrating because we can be better. If we want to really improve as a team, we have to get better at keeping teams out of the lane and make them take tougher shots.
As for your choice.....we have neither a "good inside defense"
nor a "good low post offense." Federico and the twins get
bodied up inside, moved backwards and either foul or get
scored on by the other team's bigs. We do get an occasional
stop or block. Basically their bigs "manhandle" us down low.
"Keep them out of the lane?"....good luck with that.

As for our inside offense, when was the last time we saw one of
our bigs post up, and go up and over for two. Post up??.... . Not
by our bigs, We are a jump shooting team. If we shoot every
game like we did in the 2nd half last night we'll be unstoppable.
But what team can continue to shoot like that. The good news
IMO is, we have a lot or room for growth. We're young and we
can improve. Let's hope we do. Great finish last night, but
let's not forget, WVU is bad, REAL bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT