ADVERTISEMENT

My son got his acceptance letter into Pitt today

yah, like he is gonna get a decent job with that silliness....just kidding, wow! Good for him. Now my kid studying finance and accounting at Pitt seems Jethroian next to that...

Well, he is a high schooler now. Long way from making anyone Jethroian. But thanks for the kind words

Congrats to your son he's the real deal!
I was Accounting and Finance during the day and pre med at night at the bars?
It worked most of the time!
The college I attended didn't have pre med but most of the girls in the bars that
I frequented weren't able to put two and two together at 2am.
That worked until I met Mrs Buffett, she was too smart to fall for that one!
That's why I liked her.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
Reactions: Teh Teh
pre-med, nueroscience

Vandy & Pitt. Auburn doesn't have a real neuroscience program. It is a neuro concentration within the psych department there. Basically, like a lot of schools, they've just cobbled a major together because it has become popular with incoming students. Looking at their course list they might have one or two actual neuroscience-leaning classes, that's it, and even those are likely to be severely watered down because they're primarily psych courses. Also, very little research is done there, almost none. They only have about total 14 labs of any health/bioscience disciplines with actual NIH grants at the school. And while they have a vet school, they have no med school facilities. Neuroscience is a research field, and if you don't have those opportunities as an undergrad, it will put you in a major deficit when applying to a neuroscience graduate program or medical school. If he is actually interested in neuro, eliminate Auburn now.

Vandy would be good choice, but doesn't have its own neuroscience department, meaning it borrows faculty from other departments to teach. Pitt is actually better for undergrad neuroscience, but he won't go wrong with either.

Last edited:
whoo hoo

He is 3-3, Vanderbilt, Auburn and now Pitt. He is a Pitt lean.

Anyways, I am pretty happy, carry on.

Congrats. I am a Penn State grad, but my wife is a Pitt alum and I know first hand she received a terrific education there. I will say, though, that I am wiser than she as my choice of a spouse was infinitely better than hers. :) Again, congratulations to you both.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT