ADVERTISEMENT

Myles Garrett appreciation thread 17 points 18min

PittPharm2002

Heisman Candidate
Dec 21, 2021
Texas torching the #1 defense and Garrett a no show for the 7th game in a row so far .

PFF will find a new make believe stat to elevate him

Reactions: pbrad
I have in a large part of my career, a job that dealt alot with metrics and statistics. So I am not some luddite who doesn't agree with analytics. But the crew PFF assigns to calculate their value numbers across the board are either frigging perpetually high or dropouts.

I could care less about Myles Garrett but as far as this game goes, my takeaway is that it has been a good entertaining game to watch so far. Here’s hoping the 2nd half is as good as the 1st.

Man, I really wanted a Browns-Lions Super Bowl…

Also, how down must Carolina Panther fans be right now? I think it’s pretty obvious that they picked the wrong QB.

Reactions: bayardstreet
giphy.gif

Reactions: sonofabit
If Tomlin leaves , Steelers should hire this Texans OC. He did pretty good with Stroud, maybe he can help Pickett.

Texans offense was worse than the Steelers last year, especially their OL. What a difference a year makes. Obviously Stroud helps but I don’t know what all they did to upgrade their OL.

Texans offense was worse than the Steelers last year, especially their OL. What a difference a year makes. Obviously Stroud helps but I don’t know what all they did to upgrade their OL.

It's why I'm so sick of debating which shitty backup-quality QB on our roster sucks less. We need to get a real QB.

It's why I'm so sick of debating which shitty backup-quality QB on our roster sucks less. We need to get a real QB.
For sure the continual KP-Mason debate exceeded its sell by date a long long time ago.

Regardless of how the playoff game goes, put it to bed and let it get resurrected come preseason (plus briefly heading into the draft and/or FA signing period given all the media knuckleheads claiming the Steelers are candidates for Justin Fields, Russell Wilson, etc.).

The Texans get the Browns #1 pick too. Look out for them.
Good point. I believe they have a ton of cap space as well. And with them being in the AFC South, they could quickly become a “heavyweight contender” in the AFC… as NCanton Panther said, what a difference a year makes!

Reactions: BreakingPitt
Good point. I believe they have a ton of cap space as well. And with them being in the AFC South, they could quickly become a “heavyweight contender” in the AFC… as NCanton Panther said, what a difference a year makes!
Here's the thing about the Browns. They have a great roster, but with Watson's contract and what he cost them in draft picks, there window is now. Pretty soon they won't be able to keep alot of these guys.

He’s clearly by far the exception to the Ohio state qb in the nfl

Here's the thing about the Browns. They have a great roster, but with Watson's contract and what he cost them in draft picks, there window is now. Pretty soon they won't be able to keep alot of these guys.
Agreed. I know there’s lots of ways to manipulate the salary cap, but as we know with Big Ben, the bill comes due at some point.

Also, what’s the largest single-season turnaround in NFL history? Going from 3-13-1 to a division title and divisional playoff appearance the next season has to take the cake, no?

The Browns owner clearly wasn’t able to fix the game like he fixed the books with his gas stations

Agreed. I know there’s lots of ways to manipulate the salary cap, but as we know with Big Ben, the bill comes due at some point.
You can easily manipulate the cap when your big salary players are good. It's a no brainer to extend a player to lower their cap hit when you know you'll want him on your roster for a few years. It gets very bad when you have a dud. The Browns are in a spot where they can't really add to the roster without restructuring Watson every year. But every time they do it they make it impossible to move on from him the next year.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Texas torching the #1 defense and Garrett a no show for the 7th game in a row so far .

PFF will find a new make believe stat to elevate him
Can't believe he is being considered for that, along with Parsons. I guess they don't want to give it to TJ again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT