ADVERTISEMENT

Name one P5 Program

that would hire Watson or Bates as coordinators
Sorry to point out the obvious, but Pitt is a Power 5 school in name only. The FB program under Narduzzi would not be a contender in the American Conference let alone any Power 5 conference.

Hopefully Lyke can change the things over time, but right now Pitt is mid level MAC program.

Reactions: blazerplayer1717
Sorry to point out the obvious, but Pitt is a Power 5 school in name only. The FB program under Narduzzi would not be a contender in the American Conference let alone any Power 5 conference.

Hopefully Lyke can change the things over time, but right now Pitt is mid level MAC program.
Thanks for coming out of the idiot closet.

Reactions: Celtsfan
Bates was a LB coach at a respected program, he was gonna get a chance eventually. Watson though, his career was over until pitt reached out to him.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
Yeah, most P5 programs wouldn't have considered Watson when Pitt hired him. It doesn't mean they had no respect for him, only that a lot of other coordinators were hotter hires. The fact that it worked out is a good thing for him and for us. Topping this thread isn't really saying much.

I'm going to agree with @joeydavid for once.

Go on.

Reactions: joeydavid
Yep, and another season without beating anyone ranked in the Top 25 on the road.
Wasn't Virginia ranked when we played them?
that would hire Watson or Bates as coordinators
Just a few weeks ago I thought Bates was another in a long line of DCs who couldn't get it done. But I am pleasantly surprised at how he has managed through injuries (Wirginis and Camp) and actually improved the D, particularly the pass D. Time will tell but I like what I've seen in the last few weeks. Watson however, I'm still not convinced. I live in Dallas and saw firsthand how he handled UT's O. Gotta see continued improvement in game planning and play calling. At this point, I still lament the loss of Matt Canada.

Wasn't Virginia ranked when we played them?

Just a few weeks ago I thought Bates was another in a long line of DCs who couldn't get it done. But I am pleasantly surprised at how he has managed through injuries (Wirginis and Camp) and actually improved the D, particularly the pass D. Time will tell but I like what I've seen in the last few weeks. Watson however, I'm still not convinced. I live in Dallas and saw firsthand how he handled UT's O. Gotta see continued improvement in game planning and play calling. At this point, I still lament the loss of Matt Canada.

That was directed at PSU.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
You all act like we are 10-1 or something! 7-4 , with a horrid loss to UNC. Let's win the next 3 before we beat our chest

tps48. You are a major power 6 idiot, go back to grazing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT