ADVERTISEMENT

Article Narduzzi: "10 years would be a dream to be here"

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
If Pat Narduzzi stays at Pitt for the full terms of the contract extension he signed this week, he’d still be leading the Panthers in 2024 - which would be his 10th season as Pitt’s head coach.

That would make him just the third coach in Pitt history to reach 10 years and the first since John Michelosen coached the Panthers for 11 seasons from 1955-65.

And that’s exactly what Narduzzi hopes to do.

https://pittsburgh.rivals.com/news/narduzzi-10-years-would-be-a-dream-to-be-here-

Reactions: DiehardPanther
f Pat Narduzzi stays at Pitt for the full terms of the contract extension he signed this week, he’d still be leading the Panthers in 2024 - which would be his 10th season as Pitt’s head coach.

That would make him just the third coach in Pitt history to reach 10 years and the first since John Michelosen coached the Panthers for 11 seasons from 1955-65.

And that’s exactly what Narduzzi hopes to do.

https://pittsburgh.rivals.com/news/narduzzi-10-years-would-be-a-dream-to-be-here-
everybody..click link...copy...paste...print....attach to a wall in your home...I hope he does stay and I hope he succeeds but he just became the 500th coach to say “I don’t have the desire to go anywhere else.”... I would guess that 487 of them ended up going elsewhere. I got my fingers crossed for two things in order..1. he wins and 2. he stays after winning

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Narduzzi can be like a Kirk Ferentz. Usually solid but nothing to write home about but once a decade they make a run at a NC.

I may be naive but I actually believe he will be here for a very long time. I also don't think Pitt would fire him if he had a couple of bad years. It's a roll of the dice on whether he succeeds or not but for what it's worth I like his chances. Problem is he's going to have to succeed playing before a half empty stadium most of the time.

Reactions: Saboteur
The thing I take from Duzz, as also knowing his father's legacy, they seem to be loyal people. He actually reminds me of Wanny, wanting to be at Pitt. I hope I am right about this, as long as he wins of course :)

Narduzzi can be like a Kirk Ferentz. Usually solid but nothing to write home about but once a decade they make a run at a NC.

Captain Kirk has won 11 games four times since any coach at Pitt has had even one. He also also finished in the top 10 in the country 5 times since Pitt has last done so once. He also been to three "BCS" bowls to our one. He has had two perfect regular seasons in the Big 10; Pitt had at least two conference losses every year we've been in a conference.

I got the impression from HCPN that he is not obsessed with making top dollar. He making more than 2mil a year and it he can live quite well on that income. But more important is the fact the he seems happy with his work environment. That goes a long way towards wanting to be here. The fact that he was pushing for
more staff money and facility improvements points towards that aspect.

everybody..click link...copy...paste...print....attach to a wall in your home...I hope he does stay and I hope he succeeds but he just became the 500th coach to say “I don’t have the desire to go anywhere else.”... I would guess that 487 of them ended up going elsewhere. I got my fingers crossed for two things in order..1. he wins and 2. he stays after winning

Yeah, but 300 of those the schools get rid of them. Think Wannstedt wouldnt still be our coach if he could be?

The first time around- he took less to have a bigger assistant pool. That's straight from a BoT member who is apart of any hire at Pitt.

I got the impression from HCPN that he is not obsessed with making top dollar. He making more than 2mil a year and it he can live quite well on that income. But more important is the fact the he seems happy with his work environment. That goes a long way towards wanting to be here. The fact that he was pushing for
more staff money and facility improvements points towards that aspect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT