ADVERTISEMENT

NARDUZZI TIED FOR THIRD

RaleighPittFan

Assistant Coach
May 12, 2005
“Narduzzi earned his 56th career coaching victory at Pitt, tying him for third all-time with John Michelosen, who coached the Panthers from 1955-65. Narduzzi trails only Jock Sutherland and Glenn ''Pop'' Warner for the most wins by a Pitt head coach.”

I like Duzz and I’m glad he’s our coach. He can be abrasive but that’s not always a bad thing. He seems to really like the school and the players, and it seems like the players like playing for him. He’s done a good job here.
He’s a perfect fit for Pitt. If you told us in 2014 that we’d have two division titles and one ACC championship by 2021, I think most would take it.

Would like take Narduzzi 7 or 8 more years if his win rate stays the same. Will he be at Pitt long enough to be the all times winningest coach?

Would like take Narduzzi 7 or 8 more years if his win rate stays the same. Will he be at Pitt long enough to be the all times winningest coach?
He’ll pass Pop Warner (at least in terms of games won at Pitt). He’s got about 60 more wins to go to pass Jock Sutherland.

Note that Dooz also now has the 3rd most losses in Pitt football history behind Michaeloson and WLAT.

What’s that old saying about if you stay somewhere long enough…….

He’ll pass Pop Warner (at least in terms of games won at Pitt). He’s got about 60 more wins to go to pass Jock Sutherland.

Narduzzi and Michelosen have 56. Warner has 60 (60-12-4), so he will pass that when we beat Syracuse later this season. Sutherland has 111 (in only 143 games, 111-20-12), so that's a ways off yet.

I like Duzz and I’m glad he’s our coach. He can be abrasive but that’s not always a bad thing. He seems to really like the school and the players, and it seems like the players like playing for him. He’s done a good job here.

He's abrasive when he thinks the program, his players, or he is slighted. Perfectly fine by me. I aplaud it.

I agree but we should go back and name all the posters that were calling for his head after losing to Western Michigan last year.
Do it. Then we can go back and look at all the things everyone posted that might not turn out to be true or can be perceived to be wrong.

if we have a good year this year, 9 or more wins, he vaults ahead of everyone on the list of, Walt, Wanny, Gottfried as far as pitt coaches..

not gonna put him ahead of sherrill just yet. SUtherland and Warner were a different time so we'll leave them out of the conversation..

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Note that Dooz also now has the 3rd most losses in Pitt football history behind Michaeloson and WLAT.

What’s that old saying about if you stay somewhere long enough…….

‘You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain…’

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT