ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi confirms Jurkovec is starting

Wait, are you really questioning why a coach talked up his own players?

Seriously?
I’m questioning him talking them up- SAYING THEY MAY BE THE BEST FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD STRING QBs HE’S EVER HAD ON A ROSTER while at Pitt - and then choosing not to giving one of the other two QBs who “supposedly are really good” a chance.

So either he was blowing smoke about the other two backups (and they’re not so good) or he’s simply made a terrible decision by not trying one during the past two games.

Last edited:
I’m questioning him talking them up- SAYING THEY MAY BE THE BEST 1ST, 2ND AND THIRD STRING QBs HE EVER HAD while being HC of Pitt - and then he makes it like that perfo

But that isn't really what he said. He never said, or even came close to implying, that Bookovec was anywhere close to the best 1st string quarterback he ever had.

And since you can only play one of them at a time, isn't that what really matters?

But that isn't really what he said. He never said, or even came close to implying, that Bookovec was anywhere close to the best 1st string quarterback he ever had.

And since you can only play one of them at a time, isn't that what really matters?

I am not saying PN singled out Jurkovec as being the best QB Pitt he ever had at Pitt (obviously he would put him above Kenny).

I am saying PN brought up that the top three QBs as a group, may be the best three - as in “three deep” (i.e. they ALL look very capable of being able to get on the field and do well at this level).

That kind of talk causes fans to question PN when he chooses not to give one of the other two QBs a chance to replace the struggling starter and potentially give the spark the team needs to win a game.

Separately, this notion that PN would be unfairly dumping Phil by pulling him in a game when he is struggle miserably is complete garbage. It’s also garbage to assume Phil could never get another shot after being pulled.

The only reason Jurkovec would never be given another chance to lead the team is if one of the other QBs ends up playing really well. If that happens, why would the head coach ever want Phil back out there..

Either you are doing everything you possibly can to try to help give your team a chance to win or you are simply hurting your team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT