ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi is 100% to blame.

boseman7

Scholarship
Jul 31, 2007
My biggest issue with Narduzzi is if you’re going to spend 85% of the time with the defense then you should not care what the offense does as long as they are effective and put up points. You basically tell your offendive coordinator to have situational awareness when you have a lead and you let them go. Instead he is let this offensive coordinator sink the whole team With bad personnel, evaluations, and a refusal to develop young quarterbacks. It’s pretty clear when I watch these quarterbacks that Nate Yarnell is a better quarterback. But the offensive coordinator is too dumb and lazy to put in the time to develop Yarnell the way that he should’ve been doing. I wouldn’t blame any of those guys on the offense for transferring at the end of the year. Narduzzi has showed. He has no knowledge when it comes to offensive personnel and coaching. The offense is so bad that the defense looks worse the longer that it has to stay on the field.

Last edited:
In one respect he is to blame.

But he DOES have a boss, and she came from a serious football school, not our pathetic indifferent pretender of one.

And she had to know what a terrible, horrible, doomed hire that Cignetti was, how only a dynamic offense can succeed for a lowly program like ours, and how a Neanderthal offense was going to undo all the good that the previous season had just miraculously accomplished.

She had to know. And she could have tried at least a little bit to push back on that. Yea I know he’d ‘delivered’ the ACC (in reality, Clemson being mediocre and FSU outright sucking are what delivered it). But the very reason it was possible was that he was overtly rejecting…dynamic offense.

In EVERY season with the kind of offense HE likes, the team has sucked.

She knew. And did nothing about it

Reactions: Jim Z and s.a.titan
The question now will be, is he that much of a stubborn egomaniac that he won't eat a little humble pie and go out and bring in about 20-30 players thru the portal? He may not have a choice if he loses a lot of players cause they are asked to or cause they are disenchanted with the program.

The question now will be, is he that much of a stubborn egomaniac that he won't eat a little humble pie and go out and bring in about 20-30 players thru the portal? He may not have a choice if he loses a lot of players cause they are asked to or cause they are disenchanted with the program.
What 20-30 players in the portal would want to come and play @ Pitt if there are no changes with coaches?

What 20-30 players in the portal would want to come and play @ Pitt if there are no changes with coaches?
The worst kind of players, that’s who. Ensuring continued awful seasons. And continued death spiral

It’s always terrible to lose like we’re losing this season in major college sports, but in this incredibly shallow and cynical new age, it’s worse than ever to do so. You almost have no prayer of crawling out. Pitt could barely afford even an average 5-7 type of season, let alone this disaster.

And honestly, Pitt normally wouldn’t care; it’s gone through long agonizing self-imposed (as this season totally is) stretches of football crappiness, many many many times. Basically it’s been about 5 great years in the 1930s, then 40 years of futility, 5 good years, then 40 more sucky waste of time seasons. Self imposed, as I said. Frankly many of the university leadership, and especially the uber-woke faculty LOVE it when fascist male-dominated capitalist football sucks (I had multiple instructors saying nearly this exact thing in classes, nearly word for word, in the mid 80s to the early 90s; they were thrilled when the program started struggling. And Pitt was relatively CONSERVATIVE then compared to the blindly progressive strain that rules the school now).

And if the ACC were going to stay the same forever and keep paying Pitt big checks no matter how bad our football, it would be no problem to continue to suck . Win-win (except for football fans of course). Volleyball and soccer still get its money, Pitt brass can go to Vail in late December instead of some bothersome football bowl game, and the faculty can pleasure themselves every time football loses (pretty much every week).

However, we all know the storm clouds we saw in this offseason will soon destroy the idyllic fantasy world that Pitt and other sucky members of the conference are now enjoying. The checks won’t be large (or exist at all) when we’re in the soon (2030) to be financially decimated Big 12, or more likely, not playing football at all and back in the Big East. But Lyke and Joanie and Duz will all be in their retirement mansions and yachts by then.

Last edited:
My biggest issue with Narduzzi is if you’re going to spend 85% of the time with the defense then you should not care what the offense does as long as they are effective and put up points. You basically tell your office of coordinator to have situational awareness when you have a lead and you let them go. Instead he is let this offensive coordinator think the whole team With bad personnel, evaluations, and a refusal to develop young quarterbacks. It’s pretty clear when I watch these quarterbacks that Nate Yarnell is a better quarterback. But the offensive coordinator is too dumb and lazy to put in the time to develop Yarnell the way that he should’ve been doing. I wouldn’t blame any of those guys on the offense for transferring at the end of the year. Narduzzi has showed. He has no knowledge when it comes to offensive personnel and coaching. The offense is so bad that the defense looks worse the longer that it has to stay on the field.

Narduzzi has no knowledge when it comes to defensive coaching and personnel either, apparently. His defenses suck big time. Today was just a symptom of the underlying cancer called Narduzzi. Changes need to be made on both sides of the ball in every position, no exceptions. There should be no safe players on this Pitt roster. If we are about to lose the remaining 2 games, and we likely will, we might as well give the entire bench the opportunity to prove themselves and bench every starter.

Narduzzi has no knowledge when it comes to defensive coaching and personnel either, apparently. His defenses suck big time. Today was just a symptom of the underlying cancer called Narduzzi. Changes need to be made on both sides of the ball in every position, no exceptions. There should be no safe players on this Pitt roster. If we are about to lose the remaining 2 games, and we likely will, we might as well give the entire bench the opportunity to prove themselves and bench every starter
Thursday night is the Senior game. Maybe Duzz should play the seniors for the first two series (offense and defense) and then play only underclassmen the rest of the way. What's he got to lose?

The worst kind of players, that’s who. Ensuring continued awful seasons. And continued death spiral

It’s always terrible to lose like we’re losing this season in major college sports, but in this incredibly shallow and cynical new age, it’s worse than ever to do so. You almost have no prayer of crawling out. Pitt could barely afford even an average 5-7 type of season, let alone this disaster.

And honestly, Pitt normally wouldn’t care; it’s gone through long agonizing self-imposed (as this season totally is) stretches of football crappiness, many many many times. Basically it’s been about 5 great years in the 1930s, then 40 years of futility, 5 good years, then 40 more sucky waste of time seasons. Self imposed, as I said. Frankly many of the university leadership, and especially the uber-woke faculty LOVE it when fascist male-dominated capitalist football sucks (I had multiple instructors saying nearly this exact thing in classes, nearly word for word, in the mid 80s to the early 90s; they were thrilled when the program started struggling. And Pitt was relatively CONSERVATIVE then compared to the blindly progressive strain that rules the school now).

And if the ACC were going to stay the same forever and keep paying Pitt big checks no matter how bad our football, it would be no problem to continue to suck . Win-win (except for football fans of course). Volleyball and soccer still get its money, Pitt brass can go to Vail in late December instead of some bothersome football bowl game, and the faculty can pleasure themselves every time football loses (pretty much every week).

However, we all know the storm clouds we saw in this offseason will soon destroy the idyllic fantasy world that Pitt and other sucky members of the conference are now enjoying. The checks won’t be large (or exist at all) when we’re in the soon (2030) to be financially decimated Big 12, or more likely, not playing football at all and back in the Big East. But Lyke and Joanie and Duz will all be in their retirement mansions and yachts by then.
Good word “bothersome”. And you misspelled strain instead of just skipping the “r”. Other than that spot on.

So finally, they satisfy me by playing Nate Yarnell. And Nate Yarnell does things that you just can’t teach. Buying time for his receiver with a pump fake and then throwing accurately on the run? Throwing the ball and anticipating throws? The guy is very Brock Purdy esque when it comes to being able to just execute what the offense is.

So finally, they satisfy me by playing Nate Yarnell. And Nate Yarnell does things that you just can’t teach. Buying time for his receiver with a pump fake and then throwing accurately on the run? Throwing the ball and anticipating throws? The guy is very Brock Purdy esque when it comes to being able to just execute what the offense is.

I will give you the Purdy comparison in that he doesnt look like a QB in practice but you put him in and he wins. Fifth string Tony Pike was like that too. However, lets not go crazy here. He made some nice throws. So did CV. We need to upgrade over both of them.

He was 11/19 with 200 yds. He had one sustained drive, aided by a targeting penalty when he threw into double coverage. Jack Plummer put up 388 yds & 5 TDs on BC.

I like Yarnell a lot. He's clearly come a long way from where he was last year.

I will give you the Purdy comparison in that he doesnt look like a QB in practice but you put him in and he wins. Fifth string Tony Pike was like that too. However, lets not go crazy here. He made some nice throws. So did CV. We need to upgrade over both of them.
Pitt definitely needs to bring in QB competition from the portal, but I expect Yarnell & Veilleux to be a lot better next year. There's a lot of potential in both QBs. There's also a lot to work on.

I wouldn't write either one of them off for being the starter next year.

Reactions: gary2
He was 11/19 with 200 yds. He had one sustained drive, aided by a targeting penalty when he threw into double coverage. Jack Plummer put up 388 yds & 5 TDs on BC.

Would you prefer Brohm or Cig calling the gameplan?

I feel like he got shackled. When the playbook opened up we moved the ball. When we were up they called a scared game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT