ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi on Franklin

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
"they went low. We went high"

In response to the carnival barker's post game comments.

Reactions: GOLDENGIRL18
fk, I would think you would detest that quote if you know what I mean.

In all seriousness, how can anyone not love the back and forth between these 2. Its great stuff.
Not really because I found it so hypocritical of the person who first coined it. So it's laughable.

I love the gamesmanship. It's great for entertainment. I also loved what Oklahoma did to tOSU after the game. Granted, if Pitt did that at Happy valley, or someone did that at Heinz Field, I'd be pissed. But when it happens between schools I have no affinity to, I find it really entertaining. And coach speak is fine.

Last edited:
Guys - it's time to let it go and move on...Yes, Franklin is an arrogant prick and makes no apologies about it. He started the whole thing by stating that PSU owned the state.

His impromptu visit at the UPMC practice facility last spring was a dick move as well.

But Narduzzi to his credit, fired some shots as well, now Franklin is giving it back again...

The only thing that bothers me is his insistence that the game is not a rivalry when everything he has done and said says otherwise.

I don't mind his players either. Although I will say that pint sized midget (Wade) is just as arrogant as his coach:

Lamont Wade@Goony_38

"lol I would go get a shirt and keychain made, but I got a national championship to chase."

Guys - it's time to let it go and move on...Yes, Franklin is an arrogant prick and makes no apologies about it. He started the whole thing by stating that PSU owned the state.

His impromptu visit at the UPMC practice facility last spring was a dick move as well.

But Narduzzi to his credit, fired some shots as well, now Franklin is giving it back again...

The only thing that bothers me is his insistence that the game is not a rivalry when everything he has done and said says otherwise.

I don't mind his players either. Although I will say that pint sized midget (Wade) is just as arrogant as his coach:

Lamont Wade@Goony_38

"lol I would go get a shirt and keychain made, but I got a national championship to chase."
What the hell did Wade do that constitutes running his mouth? Barkley, Gesicki, Miller, etc. who did something by all means go for it.

Lamont Wade@Goony_38

This is just comedy gold. So these keychains that hardly any Pitt fan here even knew existed until the Nitters started posting about it are now being evoked by a freshman who I don't recall ever playing a down in the game? That must have eaten Jimmy up the whole year that he made it a rallying cry for the troops.

Such a drama queen. Everyone in my conference is negative recruiting against me... And the keychains need to stop now!

Lamont Wade@Goony_38

What shirts and keychains is he talking about?

He's channeling Hillary Clinton? Fair enough, but he's quoting someone on a 2-game losing streak herself.

What the eff is this keychains bullshit? No one knows what in the hell they are talking about which makes me believe it's more penn state fictional folklore....

Pitt beat Clemson in their house ... if Pitt had a "super bowl" last season THAT was it.... not penn state.... get the phuck over yourself

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
No kidding.

Still - Hillary's on a losing streak. Why reference someone on a losing streak?

Is being able to read and comprehend not a requirement at Cow Pasture U?
No one is referencing Hillary Clinton except you, dim. Why are you here
anyway?

Is being able to read and comprehend not a requirement at Cow Pasture U?
No one is referencing Hillary Clinton except you, dim. Why are you here
anyway?

Hillary --- while admitting she was saying something Michelle had said prior --- said those exact same words in the 2nd Presidential Debate.

Because of such ...... if you ask 100 people, more folk associate the phrase more with Hillary vs. Michelle.

Hillary --- while admitting she was saying something Michelle had said prior --- said those exact same words in the 2nd Presidential Debate.

Because of such ...... if you ask 100 people, more folk associate the phrase more with Hillary vs. Michelle.

The PennLive writer who wrote about Narduzzi's comment must be in the
minority then -- she said he was channeling Michelle Obama. Personally,
I'll take the opinion of a PennLive reporter over the opinion of anyone
associated with Penn State every time--and if you ask 100 people, many,
many more folk will do the same, especially given recent track history.

Again, why are you here?

The PennLive writer who wrote about Narduzzi's comment must be in the
minority then -- she said he was channeling Michelle Obama. Personally,
I'll take the opinion of a PennLive reporter over the opinion of anyone
associated with Penn State every time--and if you ask 100 people, many,
many more folk will do the same, especially given recent track history.

Again, why are you here?

Fair enough.

If you apologize for calling me a "Pedomoron" (I wonder whether Pat Narduzzi would consider your high-school level insult a case of "going high"), I'll answer your second question.

1976. A year when Pitt won a championship. Also the year a victim told Paterno to his face that Sandusky had molested him.

I'm over this whole Franklin/Narduzzi thing. Most college football coaches typically have some mix of arrogance, stubbornness, confidence, brashness, etc.

Guys like Franklin and Fraud Graham are fun to hate. Narduzzi seems to be fun to hate for Nits, like Harbaugh and some others in their conference (they seemed to laugh at payback on Dantonio last year for returning the favor of "running up the score"). Let's all have fun rooting for our least favorite coaches to fail.

This key chain.....
C4KyoCPW8AALLT7.jpg

I had no idea it existed before all this started. Personally, not a huge fan, but dont see anything wrong with it in the big picture of things.

The fact that Wade was the one who brought this to light is kinda funny. Clearly he spends a lot of time watching Pitt coaches on social media.

Big difference between making a keychain that hardly nobody even knows it exists and saying on a post game national press conference that the game didn't matter more than any other game.

I hope the carnival barker stays in creepy Valley for a very very long time.

Reactions: pittiswhereiamfrom2
This key chain.....
C4KyoCPW8AALLT7.jpg

Actually, to be clear, that is not a key chain. It is typically referred to as a charm. This charm, which memorializes Pitt's 2016 win over the Nits, is affixed to a key chain. If you snowflakes are going to melt over something so trivial, at least get your nomenclature correct. Hail to Pitt!

From the moment he landed in State College, Franklin embraced the Goliath role vis-a-vis Pitt and Temple. As the great baseball promoter Bill Veeck once wrote about the New York Yankees, if you are going to play Goliath, you must be big, brutal and hateful.

Frankie has that down in spades. He sees Penn State as the Alpha program -- here, there and anywhere but especially in the Commonwealth. Paterno did the same thing, but he was more subtle about it and a least had a sportsman's sense of class to be humble in defeat and magnanimous in victory. Franklin is different. He's a trash talker from the Look-at-Meeeee generation. When he's winning he's roaring like, well, a lion; when he gets beat he kvetches over hand clapping and whines about the mean things other schools are saying about Penn State.

A playground bully. As David, Pitt needs to practice with that slingshot. Best thing Pitt can do is move on, improve, and get payback next September.

Big difference between making a keychain that hardly nobody even knows it exists and saying on a post game national press conference that the game didn't matter more than any other game.

I hope the carnival barker stays in creepy Valley for a very very long time.

Huge difference and another reason to hate psu....

Fair enough.

If you apologize for calling me a "Pedomoron" (I wonder whether Pat Narduzzi would consider your high-school level insult a case of "going high"), I'll answer your second question.

Franco's cardboard St. Joe will come back to life, lying through his teeth
as usual, before I apologize for telling the truth. As far as something being high-school level, you'd be the expert on that for sure, never having been
to real college.

No answer as to why you are here is necessary. We all know you are
here to defend the faith. How's that working for ya, PM?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT