ADVERTISEMENT

Wide Right Again

neench

Freshman
Aug 17, 2001
I am old enough to remember how Buffalo went to the super bowl 3 years in a row and lost every game. Once they fumbled late in the 4th quarter on th 5 yard line and the 3rd year they missed a game winning field goal. They just missed an easy field goal against KC wide right to tie the game with a minute left. The announcer said "wide right" and referred to the missed FG in the super bowl. Unbelieveable.

Reactions: PittMBA and 303vND
Heard the Bills fan crying was playfully wiping his behind with The Terrible Towel…when will people learn?

Reactions: bwh05
I am old enough to remember how Buffalo went to the super bowl 3 years in a row and lost every game. Once they fumbled late in the 4th quarter on th 5 yard line and the 3rd year they missed a game winning field goal. They just missed an easy field goal against KC wide right to tie the game with a minute left. The announcer said "wide right" and referred to the missed FG in the super bowl. Unbelieveable.
Buffalo lost their first super bowl on a missed field goal that would have won it. I don't think the next 3 were that close, were they?

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Hopefully Baltimore beats them so we don't have to see the Swift drama before, during and after the SB.

I guess I am in the minority here, but I don't have that animosity towards the Ravens as most Steeler fans do. I certainly remember well the hatred and brutality that existed from both sides, players and fans alike. Division and playoff games were so competitive when both teams were two of the best in the conference.

Ray Lewis can fall into a black hole tomorrow and I would wave a terrible towel in celebration.

However, there is a respect of that rivalry I really applaud. The Ravens were as much part of that you just don't get from other franchises. I say that because they have won a couple Super Bowls during those battles. And may win another.

Something the Browns or Bungles never did. Those two division foes don't deserve the respect the Ravens have earned IMHO. It is an organization that almost mirrors the Steelers in so many ways since 2000.

Easy, in that wind. The wind moved that ball pretty good, he had to compensate more.

All those older Bills fans are back in therapy this week!
You don't know how right you are.

Our Sales VP decided to have a meeting with his Senior Sales Directors on the Monday after the Super Bowl. So he booked us into The Marriott near the campus of the University of Buffalo on Super Bowl Sunday and had a party suite stocked with a bar and appetizers for us to watch the game together. 2 of the guys were from the Buffalo area.

When Scott Norwood's kick sailed wide right, the look of devastation on those 2 guys faces was haunting.

The mood around the hotel staff the next day was almost funeral like.

Seriously, the fine people of western New York do not deserve to be stuck in this pro football hell.

I guess I am in the minority here, but I don't have that animosity towards the Ravens as most Steeler fans do. I certainly remember well the hatred and brutality that existed from both sides, players and fans alike. Division and playoff games were so competitive when both teams were two of the best in the conference.

Ray Lewis can fall into a black hole tomorrow and I would wave a terrible towel in celebration.

However, there is a respect of that rivalry I really applaud. The Ravens were as much part of that you just don't get from other franchises. I say that because they have won a couple Super Bowls during those battles. And may win another.

Something the Browns or Bungles never did. Those two division foes don't deserve the respect the Ravens have earned IMHO. It is an organization that almost mirrors the Steelers in so many ways since 2000.
I dislike the Ravens and will root against them on principle, but I absolutely agree that there’s a mutual respect there. Fans are going to look back at the Harbaugh-Tomlin era as the greatest rivalry in NFL history. Several Hall of Famers involved, Super Bowls won by both teams, and the point differential during the entire run is extremely slim.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ

This is exactly how I feel. Also, Baltimore seems to be a somewhat industrial type of city, having more in common with the Rust Belt than the DC-Philly-NYC belt (even though it's right smack in the middle of that).

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
guys, i didnt watch the lions game but rewatch the end. If Tampa bay calls a timeout, they force Detroit to kick a 43 yard field goal. IF he misses, they get the ball with 30 seconds, down by 8..

Instead, they let the clock just run, with a timout in their pocket. it makes no sense to me. Am i missing something? Yeah, you still probably lose 4 out of 5 times but still, how do you not at least try? He misses, bad snap, blocked field goal.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
guys, i didnt watch the lions game but rewatch the end. If Tampa bay calls a timeout, they force Detroit to kick a 43 yard field goal. IF he misses, they get the ball with 30 seconds, down by 8..

Instead, they let the clock just run, with a timout in their pocket. it makes no sense to me. Am i missing something? Yeah, you still probably lose 4 out of 5 times but still, how do you not at least try? He misses, bad snap, blocked field goal.
You’re not alone, I noticed the same thing. Very bizarre. We’ve seen crazier things happen this football season (Miami/Ga Tech)!

sad, but by golly, did they not have fun pregame...

did they really need to involve lighter fluid? Getting slammed off a truck bed onto a table isnt enough?
as God as my witness I thought the 24 x 48 poly carbon Walmart fold-o-table would have held...kind of interesting that chubby white guys have a lot more rhythm when their ass is on fire...

• Haha
Reactions: HOF Coach
did they really need to involve lighter fluid? Getting slammed off a truck bed onto a table isnt enough?

I'm just surprised they didn't have a fire extinguisher and licensed medical professional nearby. They seem like the type who would thoroughly think things through prior to suplexing random out-of-towners off the bed of their truck and through a flaming table while intoxicated. Goes to show you can't judge books by their covers.

• Haha
Reactions: HOF Coach
I'm just surprised they didn't have a fire extinguisher and licensed medical professional nearby. They seem like the type who would thoroughly think things through prior to suplexing random out-of-towners off the bed of their truck and through a flaming table while intoxicated. Goes to show you can't judge books by their covers.
it just seems like drinking and bringing in fire and gas/lighter fluid just really never turns out well. like, what were they trying to do here? What was the "goal?"

I want to live in a world where drinking a 1/2 case a beer and then putting your buddy on your shoulders and climbing up on a truck tailgate and throwing him threw a table is enough, that gas/lighter fluid and fire isnt needed..

Bah gawd kang his a$$ is on fiyah!

One of these days someone is going to be killed when the table leg impales them.

Buffalo turtled that last set of downs...
Allen threw two darts down field that his receivers dropped. On the last drive he had a wide open receiver in the end zone and underthrew him because of some disruption from the DL. The TD was there, they just missed on it.

If he had made that field goal, does anybody honestly think Patrick Mahomes wouldn't have had Kansas City in field goal range in 1:43? I don't think it would have made much of a difference, but I guess you never know.
This. There was almost 2 minutes left and KC had timeouts. FG miss is being way overblown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT