ADVERTISEMENT

Article Narduzzi set to hire Chris Beatty as WR coach

Chris is a good dude. Narduzzi is smart in getting another DMV connection.
We need some Younger recruiters. Most staffs have 6 or 7 coaches that mostly coach and 3 or 4 young guys making their bones as recruiters. Who are our recruiters? Beatty is 45 and has bounced around a lot. Maybe there is a reason. Don't like this hire.

Great, more than it's done, than who it is. Now that everyone is assembled, get the necessary coaches, Pickett and receivers together to formulate an offseason "informal" (cough) workout plan.

We need some Younger recruiters. Most staffs have 6 or 7 coaches that mostly coach and 3 or 4 young guys making their bones as recruiters. Who are our recruiters? Beatty is 45 and has bounced around a lot. Maybe there is a reason. Don't like this hire.

Who are these real young recruiters?

I've had psu, Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, etc in my office in the past few weeks and all of them are older than 40.

Who are these real young recruiters?

I've had psu, Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, etc in my office in the past few weeks and all of them are older than 40.
Apples and mostly oranges. We are talking about Pitt. We need a couple of coaches like Hafley and Angelichio. Our LB coach was supposed to be that guy. He hasn't.

Reactions: pittmeister
Former WR coach and Recruiting Coordinator for Jimmy Franklin.
RB coach during Noel Divine's tenure.
Doesn't seem to stick around long, hopefully that changes.

Can’t wait to read all of the people who don’t like the hire despite never having heard his name until 30 seconds before their post.
The feedback has been nothing but positive from pitt fans. Everyone is really excited, despite never having heard his name until Chris peak posted it this morning.

Sorry our optimism has disappointed you.

Reactions: Saboteur
His constant defending of Stallings even when it was obvious it was a clear failure would be Exhibit A.

Yea I wasn’t gonna get into all of it. But he likes to be among the opposite on a lot of things. Or tries to be provacative just for the heck of it. And that’s fine except for that he’s pretty bad at backing it up. This one isn’t an anomaly.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Angelichio is 46 Today. I am talking about his age during his time ar Pitt. same for Hafley.

You just often times like to disagree with me.

Well that wasn’t clear so fair enough.

And there have been plenty of times I’ve agreed with you. Hell I've even defended you - most recently when you were accused of being a troll.

This is a good hire and he knows the DMV area very well. That's an area we need to recruit better in and he will help us to do so. Pretty sure this guy was a lot of Nitters first choice.

Reactions: DiehardPanther

Chris Beatty is a big hire for Pat Narduzzi. He's an experienced coach that's known as an ace recruiter. Beatty has ties throughout the talent rich DMV. #Pitt#H2P

This is a good hire and he knows the DMV area very well. That's an area we need to recruit better in and he will help us to do so. Pretty sure this guy was a lot of Nitters first choice.
I believe he was on Franklins staff at Vandy. Franklin had an opportunity to bring him with him then.

Former WR coach and Recruiting Coordinator for Jimmy Franklin.
RB coach during Noel Divine's tenure.
Doesn't seem to stick around long, hopefully that changes.
Was with Franklin one year. Franklin did not bring him with him to PSU.

Chris Beatty is a big hire for Pat Narduzzi. He's an experienced coach that's known as an ace recruiter. Beatty has ties throughout the talent rich DMV. #Pitt#H2P
I am aware this guy has a decent reputation.

Guys like this and Tim Salem (who is a great guy and a tireless worker) are examples of recycling. At Pitt, I would rather identify young, up and comers, eager to make their bones.

I recognize the need to have experienced coaches on the staff that can coach, but I also think there is a place for hiring coaches on the way UP.

Too may hires like Peterson, Sims, Sherman, etc.

Beatty left Vandy after 1 year for a better job. In case you haven’t noticed a lot of assistants have left Franklin for other jobs. You are trying to hard to be a contrarian bud.
Beatty did leave for a promotion at Illinois. He was fired after one year. That is fact.

pitt doesnt just need a recruiter they actually need a coach, pitt has no idea what they have at WR because most of them are so raw, they need a good coach to put them in a better position, pitt is starting from the bottom in terms of WR's that are ready to contribute, besides tipton everyone else is a huge question mark

pitt doesnt just need a recruiter they actually need a coach, pitt has no idea what they have at WR because most of them are so raw, they need a good coach to put them in a better position, pitt is starting from the bottom in terms of WR's that are ready to contribute, besides tipton everyone else is a huge question mark
I will concede this point in this immediate time frame. Decisions made concerning who should play were all over the map. We had a very hard time deciding on who our top 5 receivers should be.

I am guessing you meant Mack, not Tipton.

Beatty left Vandy after 1 year for a better job. In case you haven’t noticed a lot of assistants have left Franklin for other jobs. You are trying to hard to be a contrarian bud.
You don't think there is any advantage to having coaches on the staff presumed to be on the way up? Who on the Pitt staff would you predict will rise to a head coach someday? There is no rising star.

The problem with Pitt’s football recruiting is that it’s going to be tough to find a coach that falls in love with the city atmosphere and then sells it to the players. In all actuality it’s a very tough sell. What is the benefit for a top end recruit at this time of year to go to Pitt? Entertaining basketball? Sure but they can get that many places. If Narduzzi wanted to get someone solely for the purpose of recruiting then he should aim for a young guy that has played for Pitt. Otherwise a hire like Beatty makes sense because he will be focusing more on treaching he has than reeling in the prospects. Recruiting for Pitt football is always going to be difficult. Duzz just has to compete with enough ACC opponents to remain a title contender.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Mack and Ffrench have shown they can make big plays. Shocky seems to have excellent speed. Tipton’s and Mathews’ talents seem to be largely untapped - but my guess is they can be pretty productive.

Time will tell.

Go Pitt.

You forgot to add as OC. He is being hired as the WR coach at Pitt.
OC was the promotion I mentioned. It lasted one year. He is a recyclable. A 45 year old coach that has bounced around a lot. Might do the job, but definitely not on the way up.

You don't think there is any advantage to having coaches on the staff presumed to be on the way up? Who on the Pitt staff would you predict will rise to a head coach someday? There is no rising star.

Bates left NW to come to Pitt and work with Narduzzi. Fitzgerald’s assistants don’t do that often. Again, recruiting is not stellar but there’s something to be said for Narduzzi’s loyalty. He’s a bonehead at times too but it’s not as if Lyke’s Keeping him because she feels sorry for Narduzzi.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT