ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi will return to hot seat rankings

PittMiamiRivalry

Redshirt
Aug 30, 2017
After four games, he is ranked number twelve out of 15 coaches who made the hot seat list.

After game 10, he should regain his place among college football's underachievers.

Geez, I have had my doubts ever since he started whether he’s a good coach or not, but he should definitely not be on any kind of hot seat yet. If this team has another 4-5 win season next year I agree that he would probably be coaching for his job in 2019.

You can’t keep him here if they go 4-8 next year....

Him or the O coordinator...

The o coordinator needs to go. UNC's D was on the field a lot getting pushed around. All we had to do was keep running the damn ball and kill clock. What we do? Pretend that we were High Octane because that worked very well when we had a coach that specialized in that.

I still don't want Duzz gone, but someone needs to make it perfectly clear to him that some staff members need to be shown the door.

Reactions: pantherx
No I am wondering why we hired him? What, $3M a year for this crap? What would you expect this fan base to do? Give him the great slap on the back and reward them with more money?
Where exactly did you see 3M? There are no good, established HC that want this job.

I actually think he may leave after this season. Take a year off and try and find defensive coordinator position somewhere? He's proven he's not cut out to be a head coach.

The defense has consistently been bad for years

Not sure why so much fixation on Watson- who isn’t good.
No coordinator can work miracles with max or Ben- they aren’t good at all .

Because the loss tonight was on Watson. We were running the ball down their throats and pushing a tired UNC D around. He decides to go high octane and you saw the results. Also you are right that Ben is not that great, but he does have some skills/strengths. Instead of calling plays to Ben's strength Watson calls plays to Ben's weakness.

I actually think he may leave after this season. Take a year off and try and find defensive coordinator position somewhere? He's proven he's not cut out to be a head coach.
He might leave for another job, but Pitt people need to look in the mirror and realize this is one of the most difficult jobs in Power 5 football.

Pitt isn't firing him any time soon (and would be dumb too with 4 years left on contract) - if he is smart though he'll take another job while he can.

Totally agree Pitt is one of the most difficult jobs in P5 - see Paul Chryst

Narduzzi's comments to Billy on the fan last night were telling. Narduzzi is frustrated with the team in generally. I'm starting to think he's losing this team.

Pitt isn't firing him any time soon (and would be dumb too with 4 years left on contract) - if he is smart though he'll take another job while he can.

Totally agree Pitt is one of the most difficult jobs in P5 - see Paul Chryst

I don't believe that. Pitt is a good school in a cool city. It isn't a bluebood football factory but is in the middle somewhere. A great coach could win here. Chryst (who I don't consider a great coach) was building his version of Wisconsin here before he left, dominant Oline play and running game.

Because the loss tonight was on Watson. We were running the ball down their throats and pushing a tired UNC D around. He decides to go high octane and you saw the results. Also you are right that Ben is not that great, but he does have some skills/strengths. Instead of calling plays to Ben's strength Watson calls plays to Ben's weakness.
We surrendered 34 points to a team that stinks.

That’s why we lost.
Ben is not great , is too kind.
He’s not even competent , he’s below mediocre at best.

He's not going anywhere for another 2 years. This is who we put all our chips on. Nobody wants to come here and we don't want to (can't) pay up to change that. We'd be looking at more resume's just like his. For 40 years we've been little better than .500 against 1A programs and far below .500 against major college programs. We average about 35K fans/game from year to year, game in game out unless the other guys bring their own atmosphere. Our facilities and our administration is not conducive to upward mobility. Morale is low among the fan base and has been since the mid 1930's. Local recruiting is dwindling in quality and in loyalty. Even legacy kids almost never come here anymore.

A coach with 2 8-win seasons here needs multiple 8-loss seasons to start to feel wary. The reason that none of these coaches are working out for Pitt is because coaching isn't the problem.

We surrendered 34 points to a team that stinks.

That’s why we lost.
Ben is not great , is too kind.
He’s not even competent , he’s below mediocre at best.

This loss is not on Ben period. We gave up a special team touchdown and fumbled on the 1 yard line. Those are the reasons why we gave up 34 points. I don't like talking bad about young adults who are trying their best that is why i am being kind. I said in another thread, even the best QB in Pitt's history Dan Marino would have struggled last night as the WR were not getting open. On top of that we all know that Ben's weakness is dropping back, so why where most pass calls for that instead of rolling him out, which he is decent at since he can run with it?

We had wide open receivers on almost every play. DiNucci just refuses to throw the ball between the numbers. To be fair, his passes and wind up are so agonizingly slow they'd almost always get picked off but if you go back and watch the film, Clark and several others are wide open. We left 4-5 long TD passes on the field last night.

We had wide open receivers on almost every play. DiNucci just refuses to throw the ball between the numbers. To be fair, his passes and wind up are so agonizingly slow they'd almost always get picked off but if you go back and watch the film, Clark and several others are wide open. We left 4-5 long TD passes on the field last night.

I will go back and watch the game because I saw nothing of the sort from the WR and TE. The only time I saw WIDE OPEN was the RBs and he made those throws.

Reactions: PittGuyYessir

He only attempted 17 passes. I find it hard to believe there was 5 long touchdown passes missed last night. Weah is the only WR/TE that is even capable of catching a long TD.

Unc scored a kickoff td, their kicker hit 2 long fgs in the wind, they recovered a goal line fumble which resulted in a 10 point swing, and they scored on a trick play. Almost every FBS team would have difficulty winning a game against all those things. Am I frustrated? Yes. Am I thinking irrational and wanting them to clean house? No.

is it me or does the opposing field goal kicker always seem to have a career day when playing Pitt? I get the qbs, wrs cause our defense sucks but field goal kickers? That's just bad damn luck.

I don't believe that. Pitt is a good school in a cool city. It isn't a bluebood football factory but is in the middle somewhere. A great coach could win here. Chryst (who I don't consider a great coach) was building his version of Wisconsin here before he left, dominant Oline play and running game.
The same thing could be said of Boston College. Pitt is essentially BC playing in a pro stadium.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
The same thing could be said of Boston College. Pitt is essentially BC playing in a pro stadium.

I agree, pitt and BC are similar. Similar caps as to what the football program can do, and on the basketball side ran off a proven coach and destroyed the program.

At both places, you need good coaches. You aren’t going to out recruit other teams.

I am not convinced narduzzi is the right guy.

B
He might leave for another job, but Pitt people need to look in the mirror and realize this is one of the most difficult jobs in Power 5 football.
No it's not. ND is vastly harder. There is no way to go but up here. I would want this job in a heart-beat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT