ADVERTISEMENT

Nashville or Annapolis

According to Duke's 247 site, they've accepted a Pinstripe bid.

If we are in Annapolis, then we just got punched in the gut.

No way does Duke travel better for football than we do. They have a 30,000 on campus stadium that they can't even fill for games against the other three NC schools.

Reactions: The Sisco Kid
Our AD choose our fate this year. I don't know if what he did was good or bad at this point. I think outside the playoffs nobody cares much anymore. Just another game for the schools

Reactions: WNYPanther
Seems like we are down to those two...
I know the whole tier 1 tier 2 perception thing is important to people but if you strip it away and think about it logically, a game in Annapolis against a very good team is quite attractive. It is within driving distance and the setting is historic. It is one of my favorite places to watch a game. I will certainly be there if that's the outcome.

I know the whole tier 1 tier 2 perception thing is important to people but if you strip it away and think about it logically, a game in Annapolis against a very good team is quite attractive. It is within driving distance and the setting is historic. It is one of my favorite places to watch a game. I will certainly be there if that's the outcome.

Agree. PITT's last game in Annapolis was a lot of fun. Navy, who was ranked in the Top 25 for a good portion of the season, is a solid team. Playing in the pinstripe against Indiana in NYC is no more favorable than playing Navy in Annapolis.

Reactions: Scooter7427
You can spin it however you want, but accepting the tier 2 military bowl... to play a true road game in the other team's stadium.... is a huge mistake by Barnes.

Reactions: The Sisco Kid
Agree 100% upitt 89
Its nimot a bowl game; its just a cold weather road game. Boooo

You can spin it however you want, but accepting the tier 2 military bowl... to play a true road game in the other team's stadium.... is a huge mistake by Barnes.
Its not spin at all. It's how I really feel. Its much better than driving to NY and taking my life in my hands on the subway for a game against a 5-7 Big 10 also ran. And it's much more economical than flying to Nashville.

This is a complete joke. I heard Pinstripe was pretty certain. Nonetheless Nashville is decent I guess, but Annapolis is way below where we stand right now. I'm disgusted by this.

This.

I can't believe Barnes and Gallagher would both be so freaking stupid as to permit this to happen.

The only way Pitt will ever get a good bowl game is if they put the Tier 1 bowls in a position where they have to select Pitt. Unfortunately, the loss to Miami gave them the option to select other teams. Pitt doesn't travel well.

The only way Pitt will ever get a good bowl game is if they put the Tier 1 bowls in a position where they have to select Pitt. Unfortunately, the loss to Miami gave them the option to select other teams. Pitt doesn't travel well.
Yet the Pinstripe Bowl, which is ACC tier 1, can take a terrible Indiana team. It's just a joke all around.

And Duke does? Duke doesn't get 19,000 people for an ACC game..

Doesn't appear Barnes can't 'accept' or 'veto'.

Michael Strickland, the league's senior associate commissioner of football operations, said "factual input" received from the schools is a factor.

"Certainly (schools) don't have veto rights to say, 'You cannot send me here,' nor do they have the rights to say, 'You must send me to this bowl,'" Strickland said.

This is a complete joke. I heard Pinstripe was pretty certain. Nonetheless Nashville is decent I guess, but Annapolis is way below where we stand right now. I'm disgusted by this.
Actually, the Military Bowl works perfect for me. I was invited to the Ravens-Steelers game Sunday night. I can stay an extra night to go to the Pitt bowl game. Sounds like a plan to me.

Yet the Pinstripe Bowl, which is ACC tier 1, can take a terrible Indiana team. It's just a joke all around.
Pin Stripe is Tier 1 ACC, but I think it is Tier 2 for the B1G (thus Indiana). Yes, the ACC bowl slots aren't as good as the B1G's.

Pin Stripe is Tier 1 ACC, but I think it is Tier 2 for the B1G (thus Indiana). Yes, the ACC bowl slots aren't as good as the B1G's.
I believe you are correct on the first part.

Don't forget geography. The pinstripe is great for Pitt, Syracuse, Boston College.
Only works for psu and Rutgers in the big ten.
I'm all pretty sure that it is closer for the Virginia and Carolina schools than most of the other big ten schools, especially in the Midwest.

Seems like we are down to those two...

Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman

Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, Annapolis, Maryland
2:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 28 (ESPN)

Schlabach: Navy vs. Pitt
M cMurphy: Navy vs. Pitt these 2 have penn st going to taxslayer bowl vs georgia

I hope like hell that Palm is better at this than he is with the basketball brackets.

Agree. PITT's last game in Annapolis was a lot of fun. Navy, who was ranked in the Top 25 for a good portion of the season, is a solid team. Playing in the pinstripe against Indiana in NYC is no more favorable than playing Navy in Annapolis.
I agree. One of the best road trips if driving is only option. Hotels are cheap no matter if you stay near or have a long weekend in DC.

I'll take Military Bowl all day. Only 1 hour 23 minutes from me. Pitt fans love to complain about nothing.

Actually, the Military Bowl works perfect for me. I was invited to the Ravens-Steelers game Sunday night. I can stay an extra night to go to the Pitt bowl game. Sounds like a plan to me.
Yeah I can actually make it to the bowl game now so I'm pretty pleased too. I was just upset that a Pitt team that should be going to more of a big time bowl (if those even exist anymore) is playing a real road game. But whatever, hopefully there will be enough of us there!

That is my biggest problem with the bowls. Penn State eligible for the TaxSlayer. And then goes there. Hahahaha. How bad do you really have to be in the Big Ten to not play in January?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT