ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Peterman

Even if Hackenburg hadn’t turned into a massive bust, that is still a REALLY strange tweet. I mean what parallels were there that were so striking? That they were both good at their respective sports?

Couldn’t you make that same claim about anyone in any sport?

I just have never understood that tweet. It seemed so incredibly dumb on its face in real time and retrospect it’s obviously farcical and credibility altering.

Even if Hackenburg hadn’t turned into a massive bust, that is still a REALLY strange tweet. I mean what parallels were there that were so striking? That they were both good at their respective sports?

Couldn’t you make that same claim about anyone in any sport?

I just have never understood that tweet. It seemed so incredibly dumb on its face in real time and retrospect it’s obviously farcical and credibility altering.
2nd round draft picks are never "massive" busts..think it kind of stops a bust sans adjective...

I look at it differently. When you have a writer openly comparing a successful freshman quarterback to one of the greatest hockey players of all-time, which is what was happening in this tweet, I would argue that falling to the second round of the NFL draft by the time you are draft eligible is the beginning of your dissent towards Bustville, USA. Never playing any meaningful snaps in the NFL is just a furthering of that dissent.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
I look at it differently. When you have a writer openly comparing a successful freshman quarterback to one of the greatest hockey players of all-time, which is what was happening in this tweet, I would argue that falling to the second round of the NFL draft by the time you are draft eligible is the beginning of your dissent towards Bustville, USA. Never playing any meaningful snaps in the NFL is just a furthering of that dissent.
a writer? Ryan Leaf massive bust...Tony Mandarich, massive bust....Brian Bosworth, massive bust...Ka Jina Carter, massive bust...Tim Couch, massive bust...JaMarcu Russell, massive bust..
you still want to put Hack in this "massive bust" category? Hell he does not even make the top 8 Penn State bust list...

2nd round draft picks are never "massive" busts..think it kind of stops a bust sans adjective...

I qualify him as a massive bust for going in the 2nd round, the year before he was predicted to be the consensus #1 overall pick in the draft.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT