ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Championships

Chaos

Assistant Coach
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2001
Anyone going to Detroit? I'm going, but am not feeling as positive about Pitt this year. I'm hoping that Matthews and Nino get decent draws and can go far. I don't think Phillipi and Wentzel have it in them to make runs, but I guess I could be surprised. H2P

Reactions: lucac
Anyone going to Detroit? I'm going, but am not feeling as positive about Pitt this year. I'm hoping that Matthews and Nino get decent draws and can go far. I don't think Phillipi and Wentzel have it in them to make runs, but I guess I could be surprised. H2P
The key with Phillippi and Wentzel is that they MUST get leads. They will not win from behind. That is proven at this point.

The surprising thing from both of them is how weak their takedown defense has been this year. Micky used to be tough as hell to finish on but he has given up a few that looked easy.

The key with Phillippi and Wentzel is that they MUST get leads. They will not win from behind. That is proven at this point.

The surprising thing from both of them is how weak their takedown defense has been this year. Micky used to be tough as hell to finish on but he has given up a few that looked easy.
I almost feel like Micky has heard the cries for him to have more offense, so he's trying, but he leaves himself more open to counter attacks. Then when the counters come, he's not in his normal customary defensive position as he's been in the past when he didn't really make much effort on offense.

Reactions: persp and _DBHoops
I’m going, I think Matthew’s and nino place, wentzel and phillipi I’m thinking round of 12 or worse. But you never know, draws mean everything. I truly think Matthew’s can beat anyone at his weight at this point. Also think stalling gets called quicker at nationals which will favor nino. Wentzel and phillipi struggle with not much offense but again you never know. I hope for 4 all Americans!!!

Reactions: Chaos
I’m going, I think Matthew’s and nino place, wentzel and phillipi I’m thinking round of 12 or worse. But you never know, draws mean everything. I truly think Matthew’s can beat anyone at his weight at this point. Also think stalling gets called quicker at nationals which will favor nino. Wentzel and phillipi struggle with not much offense but again you never know. I hope for 4 all Americans!!!
Do you happen to know if Pitt is having a social gathering event? I went to the one in Pittsburgh, but wasn't sure if they only had it there because of the location.

I will be there. #46 NCAA championships. Got my tickets, ready to go.

I will be there. #46 NCAA championships. Got my tickets, ready to go.
Do you have your actual tickets, or just seat assignments? I didn't receive my tickets yet, but hopefully will soon. I just have seat location.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT