ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Wrestling

Yep. This is so typical of Pitt the last ten years. Lose in wrestle-backs. Forys looked exhausted in his second match and for the second time lost to a lower seeded wrestler. This time 4-0. Unless he was injured -- and it didn't look like it -- there is no excuse for a guy to be exhausted and overpowered by a wrestler who also was wrestling his 4th match in two days. Campbell got an early takedown and then did nothing the rest of the match. Rahmani was outclassed.

The kid from ASU who beat Campbell yesterday is the younger brother (or cousin, not quite sure) of the #1 seed at 174. They are both from out here in Southern California. He was not as good in HS as his brother/cousin but wrestled at a heavier weight after his brother graduated and was dominant that final year. I assume he has dropped down to 165 because his brother is at 174. I'm sure it was great for them growing up to have a brother/cousin to train with but it's a shame they are only a year apart in age because the younger one had to cut weight in HS and now in college and that has hurt his performance.

He (Anthony) and his brother (Zahid) graduated the same year and they were both 3 X California state champs - so he was clearly as good as his brother in HS. In fact, Anthony (who beat TC) was actually the better recruit coming out of HS - some had him the #1 recruit with Zahid in the 3-5 range. Anthony struggled a bit this year and I suspect it's mostly b/c of the weight cut (both brothers cut more than they should have, probably). Campbell loosing to him was not unexpected.

He (Anthony) and his brother (Zahid) graduated the same year and they were both 3 X California state champs - so he was clearly as good as his brother in HS. In fact, Anthony (who beat TC) was actually the better recruit coming out of HS - some had him the #1 recruit with Zahid in the 3-5 range. Anthony struggled a bit this year and I suspect it's mostly b/c of the weight cut (both brothers cut more than they should have, probably). Campbell loosing to him was not unexpected.
No, The Spirit of Freakin St. Louis!

Has to do with the Fall of '91.

Yes - I figured that out (btw - I'm jasonmitchell32 as well - when I renewed I forgot my password and ended up signing up for a new account - then my other computer automatically logged me in under the JM).

So - any hints?

Yes - I figured that out (btw - I'm jasonmitchell32 as well - when I renewed I forgot my password and ended up signing up for a new account - then my other computer automatically logged me in under the JM).

So - any hints?
Messy. Hope you and family are well. Figured wrestling and name were too much of a coincidence.

That was gonna be my guess! How are ya brother?!
Doing well. Went to a few matches the past couple years and was hoping we hired a good coach. The talent is all around us, program just seems to flounder. Doesn't sound good right now. You keep in touch with Rice or Demming?

Doing well. Went to a few matches the past couple years and was hoping we hired a good coach. The talent is all around us, program just seems to flounder. Doesn't sound good right now. You keep in touch with Rice or Demming?

Riceman a bit. Not Demming.

Pitt is in the perfect position to turn the corner in wrestling - its just a matter of actually doing it.

Reactions: jctrack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT