ADVERTISEMENT

PIAA Basketball Championship assist...

upj87

Head Coach
Nov 5, 2003
on how some of these seeds are arrived at for anyone who knows..

My local high school Mechanicsburg won the 5A District 3 crown last night in Hershey (against oddly enough, Hershey). I told my wife that is great for two reasons in that the banner is nice and they will play a much weaker team in the first round of the state playoffs. I look at the bracket and they play 7 seeded Gateway (17-8) in the first round. A 17 win team. I looked at the WPIAL 5A tourney bracket and they are now seeded lower coming out than Bethel Park (11-12) and Fox Chapel (15-11). All three of these teams went one win and one loss in the district tournament with Gateway being one seed higher than Fox Chapel and three seeds higher than Bethel Park when their tourney began. I don't get it. Seems to me Bethel Park should be the lowest remaining seed here.

ah, wrong board...MY bad.

There was a consolation bracket that wasn’t included in this link. Gateway lost to Bethel Park in the consolation round, and then beat Kiski Area in the 7th place game.

There was a consolation bracket that wasn’t included in this link. Gateway lost to Bethel Park in the consolation round, and then beat Kiski Area in the 7th place game.
thanks...now it make sense...well, if they get dumped at least this kid got a memory for a lifetime helping them get there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT