ADVERTISEMENT

ND Nosedive

DiehardPanther

Heisman Winner
Apr 26, 2017
They got blasted by The U, barely got by Navy, and Stanford has dominated them in the 4th Quarter.

They’re definitely better than last year but I don’t consider them elite. I’m glad they didn’t weasel into the playoffs

Then we have to come on this board with some people crying about how hard our ooc schedule will be next year. So many things will change with both squads before next year. Let's not forget how last years ND team fared. To me Kelly is a blowhard. When things are going great he is happy go lucky, but when there is pressure he blames players, coaches and is a jerk to reporters

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Kelly does less with more than any other coach. ND is in the top ten in recruiting every year

C'mon now. Considering how bad they were last season, BK has had a pretty nice bounce back season. He changed just about all the assistants in one year. Also, their schedule each year needs to be factored in. They are from playing a SEC cream puff out of conference schedule. Pretty much every year, their schedule is pretty good.

Is there any chance BK takes one of the many other openings this year?

Kelly does less with more than any other coach. ND is in the top ten in recruiting every year

I wonder who Kelly will blame for losing to a so-so Stanford team????? We know one thing, IT WON'T BE HIM.

C'mon now. Considering how bad they were last season, BK has had a pretty nice bounce back season. He changed just about all the assistants in one year. Also, their schedule each year needs to be factored in. They are from playing a SEC cream puff out of conference schedule. Pretty much every year, their schedule is pretty good.

Is there any chance BK takes one of the many other openings
this year?

How do they even have a season like last year with all that talent? Getting clown out by Miami and losing to an average Stanford team?

Sorry they have top ten classes every year.

Reactions: Benu
To answer your question about last year, no QB. In college football if you have a good QB, you have a chance. Yes the QB is more important than DL, DB, RB, WR and everything else.

Last year they went 4-8
this year they went 9-3. They had good QB play this year w/Georgia/MSU/USC/NC state/Wake/Miami/Navy/stanford. Not exactly a cake walk schedule

Here is the bottom line. If BK was fired today, he would have a new job in 5 minutes. You know it and I know it. Listen, the guy is a prick but he knows how to win football games. For the record, he's not the first football coach that is a prick.

How do they even have a season like last year with all that talent? Getting clown out by Miami and losing to an average Stanford team?

Sorry they have top ten classes every year.

Here is the bottom line. If BK was fired today, he would have a new job in 5 minutes. You know it and I know it. Listen, the guy is a prick but he knows how to win football games. For the record, he's not the first football coach that is a prick.

Just another guy (along w/ Randy Edsall) whose career highlight was courtesy of the Wanny. If Wanny doesn't kick to Gillard does Kelly get the ND job? If Wanny doesn't go base defense against 4th and 1 on the UConn 25 does Edsall get the Maryland job?

Reactions: Large Panther
Stanford has a very good program, and Shaw is a very good coach. Anybody slamming Jimbo Fisher is completely off their rocker. The guy has won 2 national titles.

I always enjoy when Notre Dame loses. It's even better because Brian Kelly loses.

But having said that, ND remains as one of the hardest coaching jobs in the country. No matter whom they play, the game is treated like that team's bowl game. ND isn't allowed to play a bad (or even a so-so) game, because their opponent usually brings their best against them.

It's a classic example of high risk/high reward, and it's not a job that even great coaches want.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
Kelly continues the tradition of ruining highly recruited qb's.
literally every guy he touches turns into a steaming brown soft serve. kizer left so he wouldn't regress any further

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT