ADVERTISEMENT

Nelly, and next up Brandin…

Drax1975

Freshman
Mar 18, 2002
Midland, Pennsylvania
ngscsports.com
Told you all, years ago. But so many had to hurl insults at fellow Pitt fans who wanted nothing but the best for the program and to watch a homegrown talent flourish.

Brandin Knight also knew.

Is what is was… water under the bridge now. But perhaps it’s an example of why fellow Pitt fans can’t just treat each other with respect, when we are all in this together to begin with. Maybe think of that before being a complete jag to one another.

Hail to Pitt.

Told you all, years ago. But so many had to hurl insults at fellow Pitt fans who wanted nothing but the best for the program and to watch a homegrown talent flourish.

Is what is was… water under the bridge now. But perhaps it’s an example of why fellow Pitt fans can’t just treat each other with respect, when we are all in this together to begin with. Maybe think of that before being a complete jag to one another.

Hail to Pitt.
show us the link to the thread years ago where you posted this or it never happened...

Still doesn't beat the time I predicted Cam Johnson would grow 8 inches in a year and end up as a lottery pick. You should see what I have brewing now. Can't disclose it for a few more years, but it ain't small.

Still doesn't beat the time I predicted Cam Johnson would grow 8 inches in a year and end up as a lottery pick. You should see what I have brewing now. Can't disclose it for a few more years, but it ain't small.
i think it was Steinbrink who posted on here when he was redshirting, that Cam will be a future lottery pick. i never shook my head in disbelief more than when i read that post.

hey, dude was right..

Hail to Pitt.
What is the outlook for his younger brother?

i think it was Steinbrink who posted on here when he was redshirting, that Cam will be a future lottery pick. i never shook my head in disbelief more than when i read that post.

hey, dude was right..

I never saw that one. Quite frankly, I laughed at the thought of him transferring to Carolina to warm their bench. I don't think he did start there initially, but yeah - swing and a miss on that one.

I never saw that one. Quite frankly, I laughed at the thought of him transferring to Carolina to warm their bench. I don't think he did start there initially, but yeah - swing and a miss on that one.
This was his post in feb of 2015... i remember reading this and wondering wtf is he even talking about lol.

Matt S. nailed it and then some..

With Cam Johnson, I truly believe he can be as good as he wants to be. The main question mark, and it is a major question, is whether or not he can stay healthy. He struggled with this in high school, and he continues to do so. He is very young and had a ridiculous growth spurt. Could it be that? Hopefully. Some guys can just never stay healthy though. From a Pitt perspective, have to hope the kid can rest and get stronger, settling into his body for good.

I haven't seen many freshmen enter this program as skilled as he is. Obviously he needs to get a lot stronger and clean up his dribbling, etc., but the skill level is off the charts for that size. He is legitimately 6'7 and is a guard. Most kids at that size have naturally shifted to the three or even four sometimes in this program. Cam is special and Dixon knows it. That is why they see him as a realistic option at the two moving forward. He can get his shot whenever he wants because of his size, and he is range as soon as he comes out of the locker room. The kid has to stay healthy and work his butt off, but his ceiling is very high. There aren't many kids at that size that shoot it so effortlessly. Just watching him move and shoot at that age, you get a different feel instantly.

What is the outlook for his younger brother?
Brandin, or Beebah as is his nickname, is going to be even better than Nelly. As a Junior, he is stronger, as quick, and can jump higher than his brother. Great shooter, and can get to the hoop. You all should catch a Lincoln Park game. They are fun to watch. They have some great games coming up the rest of this year.

I doubt he scores as many career WPIAL points as Nelly, as he has way more talent around him, including Pitt recruit Meleek Thomas, who is one of the best sophomores in the country. I hope he commits next.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT