ADVERTISEMENT

New coordinator, same result

boseman7

Scholarship
Jul 31, 2007
You KP supporters said the Oc last year was the problem. I agreed, but also said Kenny Pickett is still garbage. You all said new coordinator will help. From what i see on film, despite the drops and inconsistent run blocking, Kenny Pickett is still garbage and his ceiling is at best a mediocre qb. So i say keep the coordinator, get a qb transfer who can COMPETE for a starting job and get some other top flight wr transfer to come here and I think the offense will instantly improve. How many games does a garbage qb get no competition for his spot?

Reactions: brickfhouse
You KP supporters said the Oc last year was the problem. I agreed, but also said Kenny Pickett is still garbage. You all said new coordinator will help. From what i see on film, despite the drops and inconsistent run blocking, Kenny Pickett is still garbage and his ceiling is at best a mediocre qb. So i say keep the coordinator, get a qb transfer who can COMPETE for a starting job and get some other top flight wr transfer to come here and I think the offense will instantly improve. How many games does a garbage qb get no competition for his spot?

Yup. we all said wrongly, and you said correctly. Man, ain't you the smart one.
Thanks for the reminder.

Same old Pittsburgh fans... When the team loses, it’s always the fault of the quarterback, the play calling, the head coach or all of the above...

Get rid of those guys and everything is peachy...

It’s a yinzer disease...

For example, Steelers give up 40 plus points to Jacksonville in the playoffs and lose. However the Steelers scored 40 plus points...

Who got fired? The OC... But to the typical yinzer, that makes perfect sense...

Back in 2003, Pitt loses to WVU 52-31.... What was to blame for the loss? Walt’s play calling... Never mind that the defense gave up 52 points.....nah.... We didn’t score enough points....

Unless, we stop, making the same penalties week after week, the WR’s stopped dropping passes, the OL run blocks better and we stop fumbling the ball, it won’t matter who the QB is... Those are the bigger issues that’s causing Pitt to lose...

Pickett is NOT perfect, and he needs to improve in certain areas, but he’s not Dan Marino. A big time QB can overcome any short comings that an offense has and still win. Pickett is not that type of QB...He’s above average who needs help around him...

It's a team thing, not any one person, everybody who had anything to do with this offense sucked, this year has a very good chance to end up as ugly as Last year, losing the last 3 games. And if that happens, Pitt will sill have a winning record,,,, big deal.

Same old Pittsburgh fans... When the team loses, it’s always the fault of the quarterback, the play calling, the head coach or all of the above...

It’s a yinzer disease...

For example, Steelers give up 40 plus points to Jacksonville in the playoffs and lose. However the Steelers scored 40 plus points...

Back in 2003, Pitt loses to WVU 52-31.... What was to blame for the loss? Walt’s play calling... Never mind that the defense gave up 52 points.....nah.... We didn’t score enough points....

Unless, we stop, making the same penalties week after week, the WR’s stopped dropping passes, the OL run blocks better and we stop fumbling the ball, it won’t matter who the QB is... Those are the bigger issues that’s causing Pitt to lose...

Pickett is NOT perfect, and he needs to improve in certain areas, but he’s not Dan Marino. A big time QB can overcome any short comings that an offense has and still win. Pickett is not that type of QB...He’s above average who needs help around him...

Picketts only chance to overcome things is to run the ball 10 to 15 times per game similar to Ohio State, Miss St, and UCF system. It adds value to his game and reduces 3 and longs.

Picketts only chance to overcome things is to run the ball 10 to 15 times per game similar to Ohio State, Miss St, and UCF system. It adds value to his game and reduces 3 and longs.
Right Pickett does need to be allowed to run. More than that, plays should be designed for Pickett to run.

Pickett had big runs throughout the season, mostly on scrambles.

Pickett runs in the red zone are essential. Pickett did not run much against BC. When he did, the plays had little chance to succeed. Poorly designed or poorly blocked or executed?

Agree him running should be a major part of the game plan. The OC needs to have multiple designed runs in the game plan.

Pickett doesn't see the field very well hangs onto the ball too long alot and takes dumb sacks,not much touch on his passes and other than that hes pretty sharp

Reactions: JJTopp99
I think Pickett has developed into a pretty good QB. He still makes too many boneheaded WTF type of turnovers, but overall, he played well this year despite the lack of a running game.

The problem with our offense is that our running game sucks.

He just throws way too much. That's on the OC. He'd be a killer throwing it 25 times per game, with even an average running game, instead of 40.

To rate KP from last year to this year.
2018. C-
2019. B
He has improved, but has plenty of room for more improvement.

I think Pickett has developed into a pretty good QB. He still makes too many boneheaded WTF type of turnovers, but overall, he played well this year despite the lack of a running game.

The problem with our offense is that our running game sucks.

agree

A reason the running game sucks is because teams know you cant complete a pass beyond 5 yards consistently. If you think Kenny Pickett is still a good quarterback and deserves to waltz into next year unopposed as the starter then no one should complain when they go 6-6 right??

It’s a yinzer disease...

I wasn't that guy. I said fired Butler, keep Haley and draft Lamar Jackson. When they loss to WVU I said recruit better defensive lineman and linebackers. This year i say keep the OC and make Kenny Pickett win the job over a solid transfer. Why is that so unfathomable??

???
Not sure what you have been watching this year.
Watching a guy who couldn't consistently complete passes against Ohio, Miami, doesn't make 3rd and 4th reads and doesn't make anyone better around him. Watching a team that should've went at worst 9-3 go 7-5. You think he should just be handed the starting job??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT