ADVERTISEMENT

New Pat Signal

Cue the "those offers weren't committable" crowd...
No clue in this situation with this prospect, but there are lots of prospects who "receive offers" but are never (literally not even on the spot) allowed to commit to them.

A good example happened with a 4 star CB Alabama is recruiting. This weekend he was "offered" but he is not allowed to commit to the offer because really it is just a contingency to see if they miss on other guys.

Alabama offered 4-star cornerback Taiyon Palmer on Sunday night after the official visits were completed. Lots of fans started to panic because they believed it meant the team didn’t feel confident in landing either Surtain or Campbell. This offer has nothing to do with where the team feels like it stands with the 5-star cornerbacks.Offensive line coach Brent Key offered Palmer. Palmer cannot commit to the Tide right now if he wanted to. Alabama and other programs around the country offer kids late in the process every year. Teams need backup options just in case their top targets sign elsewhere.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/...ecruiting-official-visitors-recap-jan-21-2018

The kid still reports an offer and it is listed on this site, but he won't even have a chance to commit unless they miss out on both (at a minimum) 5 star CBs they are waiting on.

You folks might not want to believe it, but it is true and this happens quite a bit with "offers" that aren't ever committable to "offers" which are really just invitations to camps to earn committable offers down the line. Maybe Pitt doesn't do it much with the guys who are actually reported on, but the bigger programs are literally doing it all the time and the sites report them all the same.

Most are aware and really the only ones who care are the same ding dong non committal offer police who show up here under different screen names after nearly every pitt announcement.

Reactions: joeydavid
Most are aware and really the only ones who care are the same ding dong non committal offer police who show up here under different screen names after nearly every pitt announcement.
You say that, but it is the same crew fighting that there is no such thing as an uncommittable offer (as reported on these sites) and it is all "just nitters" saying otherwise to denigrate Pitt recruits.

There really isn't much difference between that group of regular posters and the group of trolls who make new screennames every week/day.

I didn't see anyone denying it in this thread.
It was literally just one of the founding members of the group claiming there is no such thing as listed "offers" which were non-committable and I quoted him in my response. Literally joeydavid is the one who brought it up in the thread. Not any "trolls" arguing he didn't have offers.

Cue the "those offers weren't committable" crowd...

I

I'm confused. So, you're not a troll with multiple usernames?
Nope. I've been on the site for more than a decade and have only ever had two handles. It's been so long I don't even remember the other.

Welcome to the site, though.

A offer means he could committ. What you described with the Bama cb isn't a offer they may call it that but it's not. Then there are offers that get pulled when ships fill up. Hard to tell what's what.

A offer means he could committ. What you described with the Bama cb isn't a offer they may call it that but it's not. Then there are offers that get pulled when ships fill up. Hard to tell what's what.
I agree, but that is something these sites accept as an "offer" and people like joeydavid accept as an "offer" and malign anyone who says different.

Go find one posting where I says anything that resembles what you just wrote.

Or I'll save you the time and tell you it doesn't exist.

It's funny to me that you get your panties all in a bunch over nonsense.

I agree, but that is something these sites accept as an "offer" and people like joeydavid accept as an "offer" and malign anyone who says different.

So insead of saying “offer”, let’s just say that the player is good enough that a coach from alabama at one time or another thought he was good enough to play there. Does that make you happy?

Go find one posting where I says anything that resembles what you just wrote.

Or I'll save you the time and tell you it doesn't exist.

It's funny to me that you get your panties all in a bunch over nonsense.
I quoted it twice in this thread.

If you can't comprehend basic English it's going to be tough for you to follow along.
I guess you didn't mean to sarcastically intimate there is a "crowd" that incorrectly discusses the validity of offers. Is that correct?

TIGER-PAUL understood the point on the first comment. It's not rocket science to follow along.

Quite frankly, it was a joke.

I guess you didn't mean to sarcastically intimate there is a "crowd" that incorrectly discusses the validity of offers. Is that correct?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT