ADVERTISEMENT

New Pat Signal!

Would speculate he probably will help for depth purposes only, not a good sign if he is somehow starting.

How you you say it’s not a good sign if he’s starting,you have no idea how good he is or could be,I believe we brought in on the past season and is now getting nfl looks

Reactions: passedout
How you you say it’s not a good sign if he’s starting,you have no idea how good he is or could be,I believe we brought in on the past season and is now getting nfl looks
Who Millin? He was a multi year starter at Kent who wanted to show he could play at a higher level. Different situation. I'm sure this guy is looking for some playing time which he couldn't get at UM. If all goes well, maybe he gets a look too. OL is very thin right now. I'm sure he has a good shot at PT.

How many O linemen, starters or backups, from other programs have you heard of?

Teams that I watch a lot of, I do. I know other UM michigan OL, but never heard of this guy. I also read a LOT about the nfl draft starting the year before and have never heard this guy mentioned.

So, I can't name all the linemen, but I do know the majority of the good ones.

Admittedly going from his offer sheet. Other than Michigan and Kentucky his offers were of the lower level type, including Robert Morris.

And it’s silly you mention how good he “could be”, guy is going to be a 23 year old 5th year senior, he’s not getting much better at this point.

Did he start for michigan?
Honestly, never heard of him.[/
Admittedly going from his offer sheet. Other than Michigan and Kentucky his offers were of the lower level type, including Robert Morris.

And it’s silly you mention how good he “could be”, guy is going to be a 23 year old 5th year senior, he’s not getting much better at this point.
well we had a guy coached up, if you will, who now is getting looks (Dintino). You can get fresh ideas and techniques from a different coach like Borbs -- even at the advanced age of 22 or 23. I just think it's good to have someone who actually was on the field at this level going into the fall. Drake or Warren may still claim a spot but this signing can't hurt.

well we had a guy coached up, if you will, who now is getting looks (Dintino). You can get fresh ideas and techniques from a different coach like Borbs -- even at the advanced age of 22 or 23. I just think it's good to have someone who actually was on the field at this level going into the fall. Drake or Warren may still claim a spot but this signing can't hurt.

Agree. Everybody had Brown penciled in as a starter at OT when he signed and then moved to OG and never saw the field. If Drake or Warren plays up to their potential in the spring and fall, they'll be the starters. This guy could be nice depth at the very least.

Would speculate he probably will help for depth purposes only, not a good sign if he is somehow starting.

I know nothing about the kid but Michigan offered him a scholarship. The fact that he couldnt play there (Im guessing) doesnt mean much to me. I would be pretty surprised if he cant win a job as a starter. We dont have much on our line.

I suppose the one positive in Narduzzi’s inability to recruit at an elite level is that Pitt should always have playing time opportunities to offer to grad transfers. The transfer portal might level the playing field in CFB in that regard.

Michigan does not recruit a bunch of stiffs and when they do, they are gone after 2 seasons.

Michigan does not recruit a bunch of stiffs and when they do, they are gone after 2 seasons.
Stiffs may not be recruited by the likes of Michigan but many non stiffs that sign turn into stiffs. We have seen quite a few 5 stars passing through Pitt that could have been classified as P5 stiffs.

Isn't it a shame UM can't coach up their players

...especially their quarterbacks...
jim-harbaugh.jpg

Yeah like coaching them up to keep their jock straps on instead of littering the field with them against the Buckeyes in their biggest game. Harbaugh's staff has Beano's "material" but something is missing.

Not really. They don't need to coach up their players. If the player doesn't play up to their ranking, they get passed by next years recruit. They're not Pitt or schools down a level or 2 that require above and beyond coaching.

Congratulations to Michigan, losers of 6 out of the 8 bowl games that they've played in since 2010!

#BigPretend

Reactions: 88Pitt88
Wishing the young man well, but this is just more of the same mediocre-to-poor recruiting. There has been very little development of Narduzzi offensive line recruits (Booker and Dintino were Chryst recruits by the way). That he has to continually take grad transfers to fill the left tackle spot is indicative of subpar recruiting at this position and an inability to develop what recruits he manages to bring on board.

I think it's reasonable to expect the same results (top 40 - top 50 program) which is a direct reflection of recruiting (classes ranked in the 40 - 50 range).

I'm just disappointed that this remains the status quo after 5 years of the Narduzzi regime. It's flat, it's mediocre, and there's very little to be excited about in the years to come until/unless recruiting picks up.

And I know that Aaron Donald was a 3-star and Antonio Bryant was a 2-star, so please don't remind me of that. The results on the field speak for themselves. Pitt is a .500 program give-or-take.

Yeah like coaching them up to keep their jock straps on instead of littering the field with them against the Buckeyes in their biggest game. Harbaugh's staff has Beano's "material" but something is missing.
Lol!!!
But only one team really had Beano material....

Notre Dame.

Looks like a solid pickup. Experience and depth are needed for sure.

Wishing the young man well, but this is just more of the same mediocre-to-poor recruiting. There has been very little development of Narduzzi offensive line recruits (Booker and Dintino were Chryst recruits by the way). That he has to continually take grad transfers to fill the left tackle spot is indicative of subpar recruiting at this position and an inability to develop what recruits he manages to bring on board.

I think it's reasonable to expect the same results (top 40 - top 50 program) which is a direct reflection of recruiting (classes ranked in the 40 - 50 range).

I'm just disappointed that this remains the status quo after 5 years of the Narduzzi regime. It's flat, it's mediocre, and there's very little to be excited about in the years to come until/unless recruiting picks up.

And I know that Aaron Donald was a 3-star and Antonio Bryant was a 2-star, so please don't remind me of that. The results on the field speak for themselves. Pitt is a .500 program give-or-take.
It's typically noted at this point that Narduzzi has made comments that he doesn't like recruiting. Maybe he did, because he tends to blurt things out at times. And maybe he truly doesn't (which would be totally understandable really, these guys who just wanna breathe x and o's 24-7 have to run around kissing tails of fickle 17 year olds...in reality no normal adult human would enjoy that).

Thing is though, he's worked hard at it. He has had fair results on the field too. It SHOULD be going better for him. I think it proves the inconvenient truth that recruiting takes much much more than the head coach, and sometimes he may be the LEAST important factor.

I think we all have heard and read enough about college recruiting to know what it often takes. And it seems like it takes that more than ever, not less. As even 3 star guys seem to be prima donnas, having handlers and open palms. And also, more guys than ever increasingly willing to go stand on the sideline for 4 years for a blue blood vs coming into a mid grade program and helping bring it up. Knowing they can transfer out for the 5th year, play right away, and try to salvage their career. That can help us, certainly. But typically those guys are like the dude we just picked up yesterday. Or our last two "5 star" QB transfers.

I don't know how we get out this forlorn cycle though. At this point, even if we suddenly wanted to amp up our cheating, it might attract a better grade of player momentarily but we'd never be able to keep up for long. The PSU, OSU, etc will just amp their own higher.

He had 3 starts in 4 years at Michigan, not one last year, and he didn’t play much. You do the math.

Little different than Millin who started 2 years, played a lot in his first year, and was already getting NFL attention at Kent.

Tbis loos like a depth add or we have some really serious problems on the OL. Either way Doozi needs to put more emphasis on OL recruiting. It’s critical.

Last edited:
Stiffs may not be recruited by the likes of Michigan but many non stiffs that sign turn into stiffs. We have seen quite a few 5 stars passing through Pitt that could have been classified as P5 stiffs.
I think the more higher regarded recruits that left Pitt, were more head cases or problem child's than talent busts

He had 3 starts in 4 years at Michigan, not one last year, and he didn’t play much. You do the math.

Little different than Millin who started 2 years, played a lot in his firstborn year, and was already getting NFL attention at Kent.

Tbis loos like a depth add or we have some really serious problems on the OL. Either way Doozi needs to put more emphasis on OL recruiting. It’s critical.
Playing in your firstborn year IS pretty impressive, even if it was for Kent! :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT