ADVERTISEMENT

New Season Ticket Holder

RINGGOLD94

Scholarship
Mar 31, 2014
Proud to be the holder of 2 season tickets for PITT Hoops (Always done Football but first time for Basketball). I was surprised at the ease and availability to get seats after getting a new coach that everyone is excited for and that it was the hottest ticket in town not too long ago. Did people give up on the program that easily and not renew? Seems that it was inevitable they would be good again.

Also,

Any advice on parking and what is game experience like? (I wont park in that damn garage)

Also,

Any advice on parking and what is game experience like? (I wont park in that damn garage)

When my mother and father were still alive I would park in Soldiers & Sailors and they would take the shuttle up to The Pete while I went and met friends for a sandwich on campus. It's a bit pricey, $10, but it worked well for Mom & Dad.

Hail to Pitt

If you're able to walk the hill there are 2 garages on either side of Meyran that are reasonable. Relatively easy to get in and out of.

When my mother and father were still alive I would park in Soldiers & Sailors and they would take the shuttle up to The Pete while I went and met friends for a sandwich on campus. It's a bit pricey, $10, but it worked well for Mom & Dad.

Hail to Pitt
I like to park at the Soldier and Sailors garage also. Door to door shuttle service during those cold winter nights!

Proud to be the holder of 2 season tickets for PITT Hoops (Always done Football but first time for Basketball). I was surprised at the ease and availability to get seats after getting a new coach that everyone is excited for and that it was the hottest ticket in town not too long ago. Did people give up on the program that easily and not renew? Seems that it was inevitable they would be good again.
The decline in attendance has been a a slow drip which reached a zenith last year. Pitt hasn’t played good, exciting hoops in a while now.

Only a handful of us diehards showed up this year. They made fools out of us.

I got mine also but I think people will be surprised by how bad the crowds will still be next season. Ticket prices in some of the areas are still above market value. Inotherwords, there's no great quantity discount for buying season tickets for a really bad team.

For example, I just looked up Michigan's season tickets. I think we'd all agree that at this point Michigan basketball is a much easier ticket to sell than Pitt basketball. Their lower level endzone and upper level endzone seats are almost the exact same price as ours ($673 including donation and $290).

Last edited:
The JC era of Pitt bb started for the die-hearts the day he was announced , when they start winning is when the casual fan will notice .

Hail to Pitt

I park by the hill district, I'm a hate to pay and park..

Last year, it was strange being able to sit at The Pete during the game and be able to practically hear what the players and Rip van Winkle were saying on the bench and court. It was like a church in there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT