ADVERTISEMENT

Plenty of seats left for the ACC Tournament

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001

I hate when I hear that Greensboro is such a great basketball town. Although they have always sold out in the past, the place is generally empty until Friday unless UNC or NC State is playing. Now, they cant even sell it out. Duke and Wake this afternoon, 2 local teams and not even a sell out. $10 tickets on Stubhub. You could go to 2 ACC Quarterfinal games for the price of 1 WPIAL playoff game.

Greensboro needs to go.

Most arenas have sparse attendance throughout the conference tourneys, as you can come and go as you like. I love the tourney in Greensboro. It's in the heart of ACC country.

Also, the quality of basketball certainly makes a difference. The conference sucks this year. Take a look at players on the All-ACC team & compare it to the history of the conference. If you didn't have rooting interest in a team, is there a single player in the ACC that you would pay money to watch this year?

Most arenas have sparse attendance throughout the conference tourneys, as you can come and go as you like. I love the tourney in Greensboro. It's in the heart of ACC country.

Also, the quality of basketball certainly makes a difference. The conference sucks this year. Take a look at players on the All-ACC team & compare it to the history of the conference. If you didn't have rooting interest in a team, is there a single player in the ACC that you would pay money to watch this year?
Greensboro is a sh*t hole man. Also, it’s a home game for the Tobacco Road teams. The ACC tournament should be a true neutral site in a mid Atlantic City, such as DC.

Reactions: PittPoker
Greensboro is underwhelming for a conference with schools in Miami, Boston, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, and foot print in NYC and DC.

Reactions: PittPoker

Well this is the quarters with 2 local teams and they didnt even sell all the tickets.

Greensboro is underwhelming for a conference with schools in Miami, Boston, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, and foot print in NYC and DC.
Atlanta would be the best realistic spot. Followed by Charlotte, then Raleigh.

Miami or Boston? Please. No league is gonna put it's tournament in a city that's several hundred miles from the majority of its members.

Sure. Jamarius Burton, Greg Elliott, Nelly Cummings, Blake Hinson and Federiko Federiko. Oh and Nike Sibande, Guillermo Diaz-Graham and Jorge Diaz-Graham.

• Haha
Reactions: latz66 and TD_6082
Atlanta would be the best realistic spot. Followed by Charlotte, then Raleigh.

Miami or Boston? Please. No league is gonna put it's tournament in a city that's several hundred miles from the majority of its members.
The Tournament was in Brooklyn 3 out of the last 6 years.

I just root for the LAUNDRY I'd pay to see PITT if they were 10th seed in the Sun Belt Tourney and wouldn't pay to see the top 25 All Americans.

Reactions: latz66
Charlotte keeps it in NC which really is centrally located when considering BC, Miami, Lousivlle, ND etc. But it lessons the home court advantage of Duke, UNC, NC state . At least make them drive a few hours.

Plus travel in and out of charlotte is better and there are better facilities and more nightlife.

Reactions: latz66
I mean the city that hosts the tournament being somewhat of a travel destination means something right? Like a non sh*t hole city like Greensboro.

No. Not really.

If people don't like Greensboro, that's fine. The tourney is still a great draw. The power schools and the schools that built the conference like Greensboro.

MSG personified Big East basketball. Nobody cared about accommodating the schools that were added from Florida or the Midwest. That's fine. MSG was best fit for the schools that built the conference and attended the tourney. Same can be said about Greensboro and the ACC.

Screw a travel destination. This is about a college basketball tournament.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT