ADVERTISEMENT

New white helmets leaked

Oct 25, 2021
F7hgO3CWEAAERU2

They're not bad, but all white uniforms have always been stupid to me. So many teams have had them for years as just a regular ugly uniform, and now people act like it's some brand new happenin' thang. Kind of plain for my tastes. I think they would look sharp with white pants and a blue jersey, but we all know (thanks to Kentucky's 3rd string DE, Tyreese Fearbry) that the "icy whites" are coming.

F7hgO3CWEAAERU2

They're not bad, but all white uniforms have always been stupid to me. So many teams have had them for years as just a regular ugly uniform, and now people act like it's some brand new happenin' thang. Kind of plain for my tastes. I think they would look sharp with white pants and a blue jersey, but we all know (thanks to Kentucky's 3rd string DE, Tyreese Fearbry) that the "icy whites" are coming.
Helmet isn't bad but uniforms that are all the same color suck and all white uniforms suck the most.

but we all know (thanks to Kentucky's 3rd string DE, Tyreese Fearbry) that the "icy whites" are coming.
Hasn't it been a few years? If we haven't seen them by now, I'd assume that whatever those were was put on "ice" after a few prototypes were produced. Doesn't mean we won't see an all white uniform; but I have my doubts that when we do it will be the exact same thing that was mocked up 3 years ago and not used.

I’m sorry, but I’m not a fan at all. We went 20 years looking like Notre Dame only to unveil alternates that make us look like Penn State? Boo

I like alternate uniforms, but this new all white craze is kind of mystifying to me. This isn't new at all; all white uniforms have existed from the time they abandoned leather helmets. As a kid at Three Rivers Stadium, I used to complain how lame it was when teams would wear all white (especially if the helmets were also white, like the Houston Oilers).

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Hasn't it been a few years? If we haven't seen them by now, I'd assume that whatever those were was put on "ice" after a few prototypes were produced. Doesn't mean we won't see an all white uniform; but I have my doubts that when we do it will be the exact same thing that was mocked up 3 years ago and not used.

PJ O'Brien had something about it on his Instagram, so I assume it's coming this season.

At the risk of sounding like another poster here, I called it, a preposterous uniform alteration to try to distract from the crappiness. It’s the last refuge of a failed program that doesn’t give a sh1t.

I kind of like getting away from the neon Royal blue and more towards a muted royal blue like the late 70s. They should go to that, if they HAVE to change anything. But of course they’ll go full spheres-in hideous. This U is so lucky far too many kids go to college now and keep it in business. It seems to do nothing right

F7hgO3CWEAAERU2

Good choice as it is the internationally recognized color of surrender...dates back to the Han Dynasty.

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79
I hate white uniforms of any kind, I wish that neither Pitt (any sport) or the Steelers ever wore a white jersey, I'd wear yellow jerseys on the road and never white pants anywhere, no white ever.

I was watching Pitt soccer last week on ACCN and it looked like a Hanes underwear commercial, all white with a little Pitt crest on the chest, it was ugly and boring. Especially ugly for soccer, I'd go bold, loud vertical blue and yellow striped uniforms for soccer.

Last edited:
At the risk of sounding like another poster here, I called it, a preposterous uniform alteration to try to distract from the crappiness. It’s the last refuge of a failed program that doesn’t give a sh1t.

I kind of like getting away from the neon Royal blue and more towards a muted royal blue like the late 70s. They should go to that, if they HAVE to change anything. But of course they’ll go full spheres-in hideous. This U is so lucky far too many kids go to college now and keep it in business. It seems to do nothing right

I think a 2021 recruit tweeted these out in like 2020. So just guessing, but I would think we're wearing them now either because...

1) We were actually half-decent the last two years so Narduzzi stepped in and said there's no way we're going to compromise that by playing dress-up. But, now that we suck this badly, he wouldn't care if we came out in full-body bunny suits. Or...

2) We were under some contractual obligation whereby the Steel Panther atrocity could be our only alternate uniform for three years. That time fame makes sense, because I know the ones we had in '16, '17, and '18 were a three-year thing.

Or we might not even be wearing them at all this season. But I'm assuming we are and it wouldn't surprise me if a desperate attempt to generate some buzz is at least a contributing component to the reasoning.

I hate white uniforms of any kind, I wish that neither Pitt (any sport) or the Steelers ever wore a white jersey, I'd wear yellow jerseys on the road and never white pants anywhere, no white ever.

I was watching Pitt soccer last week on ACCN and it looked like a Hanes underwear commercial, all white with a little Pitt crest on the chest, it was ugly and boring. Especially ugly for soccer, I'd go bold, loud vertical blue and yellow striped uniforms for soccer.

Yeah, it was never uncommon to begin with, and now it seems like a ton of teams that didn't have all whites already in the closet are hopping on the bandwagon. Stupid, if you ask me. I always preferred some color in uniforms. That's why I never understood why major league baseball, while struggling with a "boring" perception, used all grays vs all whites so often.

ku_fbc_rice_03_t960.jpg

Pitt-WVU-090122-Getty-FTR.jpg

JOBLJNAKGUOOMKHBGDPVOISMJU.jpg

foyfuuevsbziaxb1lzgt

alternate_football_uniforms_for_notre_dame.jpeg

usa_today_13727682.0.jpg

Last edited:
Those are way nicer than the plain Nit helmets.
I guess it doesn’t really matter to me whether it’s better or worse than their helmets; it’s the fact that the white helmet with the blue stripe reminds me too much of PSU.

It’s just like how our helmets looked like Notre Dame’s with a dinocat smacked on it. I’d rather try out another blue helmet or a yellow jersey before introducing a white helmet. Just my opinion, though.

Yes tone down the blue.

I was kind of expecting that Pitt would wear the steel gray uni's a week from Saturday. Didn't we last wear those vs Louisville, and lost?

That would fit in perfectly with the current mentality of the staff: continue doing the same things over and over and expect a different result (aka the definition of insanity)

I was kind of expecting that Pitt would wear the steel gray uni's a week from Saturday. Didn't we last wear those vs Louisville, and lost?

That would fit in perfectly with the current mentality of the staff: continue doing the same things over and over and expect a different result (aka the definition of insanity)
We beat Louisville in them, but I don't think they've been back ever since Notre Dame read us our last rites in them.

Those are locked up in the catacombs of the Cathedral along with the all-gold Adidas uniforms, never to be seen or heard from again.

Why must we always wear the worst possible alternate uniforms against them? It makes sense now if we wear the white helmets next Saturday.

Do we have any photo-shop'ers who could project what a white-helmeted Pitt home uniform might look like? Maybe an all blue (jersey and pants) with the white top?

As an aside, wearing a white lid @ home vs L-ville ... and the Cards likewise wear their white helmet ... that offers a perfect excuse for our QB after throwing an interception ... "hey coach! All I saw was the white hat. I thought it was OUR guy ..."

The only time I would be okay with us wearing all white is for the opening game if the forecast calls for hot weather. Sunny, 90+ degree day and I'm okay with them.

The offense sucks
The OC sucks
The white helmet sucks
My seats at HF suck
My dog's Pitt jersey now sucks too

Its a snowball going downhill in this craptastic season.....

Reactions: pittizit

I thought of you when I saw this. You called it for sure. We cant win in football but we can distract with new uniforms. This program is crashing and burning and the solution seems to be new uniforms. It would be funny if it wasnt so sad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT