ADVERTISEMENT

New white helmets leaked

All white uniforms rarely look good. They never look good when you have sweet regular uniforms. At least no one will recognize it's Pitt whenever they happen to wear these.

white helmets, should have done darker face masks. either gray or blue, even yellow. white on white is vanilla plain.

Reactions: JSSTartan
At the risk of sounding like another poster here, I called it, a preposterous uniform alteration to try to distract from the crappiness. It’s the last refuge of a failed program that doesn’t give a sh1t.

I kind of like getting away from the neon Royal blue and more towards a muted royal blue like the late 70s. They should go to that, if they HAVE to change anything. But of course they’ll go full spheres-in hideous. This U is so lucky far too many kids go to college now and keep it in business. It seems to do nothing right
I’m just gonna say no way they came up with this idea this week

That’s absurd. They don’t paint the helmets or something. That alternative stuff is figured out preseason.

I thought of you when I saw this. You called it for sure. We cant win in football but we can distract with new uniforms. This program is crashing and burning and the solution seems to be new uniforms. It would be funny if it wasnt so sad.
At least we didn’t blame the unplanned layover last week like Mike Tomlin did for the Steelers loss today

How many people in the stadium would really give 2 SH!Ts?

Just win something soon. Don’t care about the uni’s or helmets.

F7hgO3CWEAAERU2

They're not bad, but all white uniforms have always been stupid to me. So many teams have had them for years as just a regular ugly uniform, and now people act like it's some brand new happenin' thang. Kind of plain for my tastes. I think they would look sharp with white pants and a blue jersey, but we all know (thanks to Kentucky's 3rd string DE, Tyreese Fearbry) that the "icy whites" are coming.
I think those look awesome. Anyone that thinks that looks like a Penn State helmet is blind. For starters, how about it says Pitt on the side. The stripe isn’t navy blue, and is outlined in yellow. Get a grip. The players and recruits love this stuff. Oregon was the coolest brand out there for a good decade because of this kind of stuff. With that being said, who cares what they wear, just win games.

Reactions: pierre93
Team doesn’t deserve alternate uniforms. They don’t even deserve nameplates on the back

Those are locked up in the catacombs of the Cathedral along with the all-gold Adidas uniforms, never to be seen or heard from again.

Why must we always wear the worst possible alternate uniforms against them? It makes sense now if we wear the white helmets next Saturday.
I think we actually won that game vs Louisville.I think you are thinking of the NC St.game we choked away at the end.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I think those look awesome. Anyone that thinks that looks like a Penn State helmet is blind. For starters, how about it says Pitt on the side. The stripe isn’t navy blue, and is outlined in yellow. Get a grip. The players and recruits love this stuff. Oregon was the coolest brand out there for a good decade because of this kind of stuff. With that being said, who cares what they wear, just win games.

Rape U has white helmets. That's kinda their thing along with raping. Let them have their white helmets. I dont want to look anything like Rape U.

I think we actually won that game vs Louisville.I think you are thinking of the NC St.game we choked away at the end.
Oh I know we won, but we still wore those awful uniforms. Was never a fan of the “steel panther” look both times we tried it (counting 2010). Just my opinion, though.

Rape U has white helmets. That's kinda their thing along with raping. Let them have their white helmets. I dont want to look anything like Rape U.
Rape U?? Damn, tell us how you really feel.
I like the helmets. Make the face mask blue and lose the logo, and it's near perfect!

One of the regretful things off when we bring in one of our more recent great players, like Fitzgerald 2 weeks back, is that we (and the player himself) has to endure the highlights of their past on the scorecard wearing the hideous uniforms of their particular few seasons.

As I wrote above, the constant changing of uniforms and colors and silly gimmicky fonts reflects a really lazy, indifferent AD and administration. Horrible problems with the program? Gear sales going through the sewer? Hard work and expensive to correct? F doing that, especially if it’s football … just change the uniform, or the colors, or hustle out an ugly “alternate” version … a portion of the unwashed will lap it up.

I mean whatever on this because I just want wins but I think the Pitt and the stripe should be primarily gold and not blue. Inverse the colors. Hopefully stripes down leg to match.

The way the team is playing , a brown alt uniform would be appropriate. At least the pants anyway.

One of the regretful things off when we bring in one of our more recent great players, like Fitzgerald 2 weeks back, is that we (and the player himself) has to endure the highlights of their past on the scorecard wearing the hideous uniforms of their particular few seasons.

As I wrote above, the constant changing of uniforms and colors and silly gimmicky fonts reflects a really lazy, indifferent AD and administration. Horrible problems with the program? Gear sales going through the sewer? Hard work and expensive to correct? F doing that, especially if it’s football … just change the uniform, or the colors, or hustle out an ugly “alternate” version … a portion of the unwashed will lap it up.
Yeah, but we have largely done it right since the rebrand. The logo and colors aren’t going anywhere this time.

Different color helmets or combos a couple times a year? Why not? Kids like that. Just no “steel gray” type stuff.

I also don’t mind the “nod to Pittsburgh” idea, but both have missed the mark. In addition to the weird gray uniforms, the giant P in black n gold was a missed opportunity in hoops. Just put a script Pitt on there.

Reactions: NKSplitter
This could look ok as long as they don't go all white. The Chargers have some sharp combos with white helmets.

With that said, I'm expecting all white because... well... that's the worst option.

This could look ok as long as they don't go all white. The Chargers have some sharp combos with white helmets.

With that said, I'm expecting all white because... well... that's the worst option.
The worst (but at least humorous) aspect is that Pitt will likely give a promotion and bonus to the cherub that came up (more like recycled) with this idea/design to “respond” to the spiraling of the program. Like a new hat for Malibu Stacey…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT