ADVERTISEMENT

Next year's Starting Quarterback

Out of the options below who do you believe is most likely to be the starting QB game 1 of next year

• Yarnell

Votes: 88 54.7%
  • Veileux

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Unidentified transfer

Votes: 61 37.9%
  • One of the freshmen (red shirt or true)

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters
No diffenbach? He was Marion's hand picked starter at unlv. Duzz hates qbs he recruited

I like Yarnell and think he is a lot better than CV but can we seriously hope for more than 7-5 with him as the full year starter ?
I am holding out hope Narduzzi and the new OC can get someone that wants to play in the new system.

Do Pitt fans even care anymore? We have dudes talking about Diff who is a d3 qb at best .
College Football is dead.
Just have a tournament with who raises the most money, then the players can join teams .
100 percent a dead sport. College Football sucks !!!!!!!!!!
Bro I get it..... You're not wrong

Yarnell did show an ability to go through route progressions with some efficiency to find an open receiver. The other three before him certainly struggled with that important trait. But, I am not optimistic he is a difference making quarterback, or how well he will fit in the new OC system.
good point .

Last edited:
Yarnell did show an ability to go through route progressions with some efficiency to find an open receiver. The other three before him certainly struggled with that important trait. But, I am not optimistic he is a difference making quarterback, or how well he will fit in the new OC system.
He is day 1 starter, but by sayin that now does it give him too much confidence...
that was a joke.. with Yarnell you get a striaght shooter
those oher fools.. good luck.
we took a guy from penn state ?

i need to start putting some workout videos on here...Like Clubber Lang.
Whats the reason? to be mean , demand more.

see if you can get the analogy

Last edited:
I'm going with Yarnell because he's more accurate than CV and has a much better deep ball than him too, which is very important in Bell's offense

I don't know if he has a better deep ball; I thought that was one of the thing CV did pretty well. I guess it depends on how deep we're talking about. CV can probably definitely throw harder and farther, but maybe Yarnell has better tough on the intermediate over the top passes.

I don't know if he has a better deep ball; I thought that was one of the thing CV did pretty well. I guess it depends on how deep we're talking about. CV can probably definitely throw harder and farther, but maybe Yarnell has better tough on the intermediate over the top passes.
NY takes better care of the ball and is more accurate. He also throws over the middle more. Seems like Jurkovic and CV stayed away from the middle of the field.

NY takes better care of the ball and is more accurate. He also throws over the middle more. Seems like Jurkovic and CV stayed away from the middle of the field.

He definitely uses the middle more. I think the sample size is a little small to definitively declare he takes better care of the ball. He's made some dangerous throws (that one in the bowl game; that one to Karter Johnson against BC, etc.). I mean, it's possible he's just a freaking marksman, but it's also possible the law of averages catches up with those types of passes.

I'm not saying he doesn't look like the better QB or anything; I'm just saying that in terms of pure arm talent I think CV is well ahead of him. Dude can rip it... just not always to his own teammates.

I still think the starter for this coming season isn't on the roster as of today, though.

Their going after some interesting QB’s in the portal,if they land any of them I can’t imagine they will be backups

When I was going back and watching CV's starts, there are quite a number of deep balls that he just flat out misses on. The 4th down one in the WF forest game comes to mind first

The transfer portal will ruin the NFL too soon.
Probably already is.
Worst NFL season in history.
This is the most accurate post in here!! they were talking about the lack of learning because all this jumping around and it is effecting the play in the nfl... great f-ing call!! fundamentals in all sports are dying out.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I think it starts with Yarnell, but if a portal QB gets added by Bell in the next two weeks, my gut says the new QB is the replacement starter at some point during next season.

This is the most accurate post in here!! they were talking about the lack of learning because all this jumping around and it is effecting the play in the nfl... great f-ing call!! fundamentals in all sports are dying out.

Transfer portal has nothing to do with that.

It’s cut down on practice time and fear of live tackling.
And it’s the type of offenses teams are moving to, which become more and more about small playbooks and space and pace at the expense of fundamentals.

I'm going with Yarnell because he's more accurate than CV and has a much better deep ball than him too, which is very important in Bell's offense

has a much better deep ball than him too, which is very important in Bell's offense
Not sure where you got that idea. Bell senior himself stated after Pitt hired Kade that QB size and arm strength are down the list of things he looks for in a QB. It's all about efficiency and accuracy. Like with any spread-concept offense, which are all based on getting the best and fastest players the ball with as much space to operate as possible, as many times as possible. The big, strong armed deep ball guys are more necessary in an offense like the one we just abandoned.

Not sure where you got that idea. Bell senior himself stated after Pitt hired Kade that QB size and arm strength are down the list of things he looks for in a QB. It's all about efficiency and accuracy. Like with any spread-concept offense, which are all based on getting the best and fastest players the ball with as much space to operate as possible, as many times as possible. The big, strong armed deep ball guys are more necessary in an offense like the one we just abandoned.
Well then I assume Yarnell is the man from the QBs on staff.

Well then I assume Yarnell is the man from the QBs on staff.
I think he showed this season he's the best we have. I also think Bell will try to bring in someone who fits the scheme better. I don't know that Yarnduzzi has shown the type of efficiency, accuracy and mobility that Bell's offense calls for, but then again how could any QB show accuracy or efficiency in the 2023 offense. The thing about Yarnduzzi is he only started 6 varsity games in H.S.. He didn't have much of an offer sheet. I think he has shown some good things, but I'm not sure he's the right QB for the job. Just the best option on the roster at the moment.

The film. I watched some WCU games from last year and Bell likes to chuck the ball deep along with your textbook spread stuff

I would be shocked if they bring in a transfer QB if it doesn't happen in like a week. They usually want those dudes here for winter conditioning etc. Looks like Yarnell and Christian will battle it out.

The thing about Yarnduzzi
OIG.fBMpsjtrJyFzuZimiv.w

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT