ADVERTISEMENT

NFL/CFB coaches and COVID

May 6, 2017
How much of an impact would Nick Saban have if he did weekly/daily pressers about wearing a mask and socially distance for the state of Alabama? Like if he said "if you want Bama football this fall, put your mask on and practice social distancing!" Maybe he'd have to do the presser with Malzahn to get the state to comply.

Dabo and Muschamp could work South Carolina.

The state of Texas has so many D1 football teams, they could have the entire group working together.

Florida/California would be a wash because I don't think anyone would respect their coaches.

Would anyone understand Oregeron?

Would PA listen to Franklin/Narduzzi?

Is it even worth the effort?

Just thinking out of the box...

I'm shocked NIKE or UA or ADIDAS hasn't tried to make some $$$$ off this and protect their product for the fall.

Seems like a win/win to me.

How much of an impact would Nick Saban have if he did weekly/daily pressers about wearing a mask and socially distance for the state of Alabama? Like if he said "if you want Bama football this fall, put your mask on and practice social distancing!" Maybe he'd have to do the presser with Malzahn to get the state to comply.

The state of Texas has so many D1 football teams, they could have the entire group working together.

Florida/California would be a wash because I don't think anyone would respect their coaches.

I'm shocked NIKE or UA or ADIDAS hasn't tried to make some $$$$ off this and protect their product for the fall.

A few have tried to promote mask wearing. But I don’t think it’s been done on any kind of large scale.

It would help in certain places. You’d need both Malzahn and Saban in Alabama because the other side might just do the opposite to spite what the other says.

Reactions: pittpsu
Honestly - I do think if the AD's at both schools would put out a video message from their respective HC's with them basically saying "Wearing a mask will help to make sure there is football this fall......" actually could be quite effective. Especially with the PSU yahoo's. ;)

Reactions: Cavalier Panther

It would show how STUPID Americans are that they might wear a mask to SAVE FOOTBALL and not to save themselves or grandma :) LOL

Yeah. I can imagine Kirby Smart coming out and telling people if they want football this fall, wear a mask. Meanwhile, Brian Kemp (Georgia Governor) is telling them they don't have to wear masks.

Shaking my head at this.

Yeah. I can imagine Kirby Smart coming out and telling people if they want football this fall, wear a mask. Meanwhile, Brian Kemp (Georgia Governor) is telling them they don't have to wear masks.

Shaking my head at this.

Not only telling them they don’t have to. Filed a suit against the Atlanta mayor so they can’t be made mandatory.

Reactions: pitt90seven
It might make a difference for a few people but the anti-mask crowd is so out of touch with reality that the likes of even Nick Saban would be attacked with the goto's of "taking my freedom away" "libtard" and so on.

Shaking my head at this.

i watched the finebaum show last night. b/c i'm a weirdo. i don't know how long it lasts but i watched around 75 minutes. it was nothing but mask calls and being pissed about people screwing up the season. the calls were all from the south except one from CA.

No.

Does not matter now because the hallmark of the critical mass of the anti-mask crowd know only one thing when something they are programmed to believe is challenged - double down.

They won't because knee jerk demagoguery is all they know, but if they had souls the politicians and profiteers who make good coin feeding the masses the hate the crave would be more responsible.

And, turning that buck and living the high life is all they care about.

I'd love to see a real "all star" sports ad about masks and distancing.
Like aim for LeBron, JJ Watt, Coach K, Saban, Crosby, Trout, Serena. Maybe a few retired super stars too like Peyton Manning, Shaq, Jordan, etc.
It would also age well for nostalgia on like "Remember this ad in 2020???" in 2040. "Only 20's kids remember this one!"

I'd love to see a real "all star" sports ad about masks and distancing.
Like aim for LeBron, JJ Watt, Coach K, Saban, Crosby, Trout, Serena. Maybe a few retired super stars too like Peyton Manning, Shaq, Jordan, etc.
It would also age well for nostalgia on like "Remember this ad in 2020???" in 2040. "Only 20's kids remember this one!"
That's not going to do anything for the anti-mask crowd. Sadly the only way to wake up the anti-mask, everyone is lying, it's all a hoax crowd is someone in their family getting COVID, like what happened with Chuck Woolery after his son got it.

Maybe James Franklin and Jerry Sandusky can team up for a commercial promoting masks, much of central and eastern PA would soak it up, in fact in fact there was a rumor a while ago that there were more Sandusky fans in Allegheny County than.....

Maybe James Franklin and Jerry Sandusky can team up for a commercial promoting masks, much of central and eastern PA would soak it up, in fact in fact there was a rumor a while ago that there were more Sandusky fans in Allegheny County than.....

They’re already good at covering their eyes. Covering their mouths and noses should be doable.

That's not going to do anything for the anti-mask crowd. Sadly the only way to wake up the anti-mask, everyone is lying, it's all a hoax crowd is someone in their family getting COVID, like what happened with Chuck Woolery after his son got it.

But there are people on the fence about denial. My in-laws are...sorta pulled each way by different influences. The hardcore deniers are another story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT