ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

Good pick at # 20. Now get a WR and edge to develop and they’re set

Steelers desperately need:
1. OL
2. OL who offers versatilty

At that spot, draft grade = A
I would’ve been thrilled with the CB from Toledo too. Stud. Won’t be surprised if Ravens get him because they are a smart organization.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Going into the draft I figured a OT because of the influence of the assistant GM from Philly, whatever his name is, Weidl? But when the top 2 DBs were still available, I thought Tomlin might push em in that direction.

But I like this pick, get your center in Rd 2 and hope a good WR is still available on their next pick.

whose playing C or the 2nd , 3rd , 4th wr ?
daniels at center ? LOL
Daniels played center for three years in college at Iowa and then the first eight games of the 2019 season before switching to guard after Kyle Long went down. He’s more than capable.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
The CB from Toledo will be one of the 3-5 best players in this draft class. He is a can’t miss prospect. Size, speed, explosion, lateral quickness, work ethic (worked his ass off to get better at Toledo). Was a 3-star who is a stud.

So a Rookie is going to start over Dan Moore ? Even Broderick Jones didnt start , and we have no C as well, or WR.
II thought it was win now, talk about smoke screen. art 2 is a loser.

• Haha
Reactions: FreeportPanther
Agreed. Real possibility of drafting Zach Frazier later in draft.
Zach Frazier ? LOL
bust
Oh he is in the same conference as my fav school.
its amazing how and why people like a player.
Trade for a WR and i will be happy..
Pickens is an idiot.

Steelers get the 6th offensive tackle in the first round at 20th lol. No wonder Tomlin has one playoff win the last 12 years.

Reactions: pittdan77
Is there a word to describe the stupidity of what the Falcons did tonight? I feel like that is getting glossed over a bit on this board. Like, there needs to be a 100 page thread devoted to this.
Seriously. Penix will be 28 years old before Cousins’ contract expires. Who thought that was a good idea? Either go all-in with the veteran QB or build around the rookie… can’t have it both ways.

There’s a reason why they’ve drafted eighth overall the past three straight years!

Seriously. Penix will be 28 years old before Cousins’ contract expires. Who thought that was a good idea? Either go all-in with the veteran QB or build around the rookie… can’t have it both ways.

There’s a reason why they’ve drafted eighth overall the past three straight years!

On top of that $180M contract they just gave Cousins, MP was arguably a reach they could have traded down significantly and still gotten. Like this makes some Al Davis decisions look MENSA-esque.

Is there a word to describe the stupidity of what the Falcons did tonight? I feel like that is getting glossed over a bit on this board. Like, there needs to be a 100 page thread devoted to this.

I mentioned it earlier. I don't have an issue with them taking Penix, but they could have moved down and still gotten him. Plus with them just signing Cousins? Must have been an owner stepping in to make that selection? Spirit of Al Davis.

Third-ranked OT. Great value pick at 20.

Yeah, I've got no problem with anything that relegates Dan Moore to the bench. Between Weidl and Smith, I think they days of not prioritizing the offensive line are over.

And that's if he even plays tackle, because he might play center or kick Daniels to center and play guard. Seems like most mocks had him going before 20, so I'm okay with it. Also gives us some much needed depth on the OL.

Reactions: xslfyk4 and Burgh15
The Wolf

images

Yeah, I've got no problem with anything that relegates Dan Moore to the bench. Between Weidl and Smith, I think they days of not prioritizing the offensive line are over.

And that's if he even plays tackle, because he might play center or kick Daniels to center and play guard. Seems like most mocks had him going before 20, so I'm okay with it. Also gives us some much needed depth on the OL.
I think you have to play him at tackle. It's a more valuable position and if it doesn't work out, kick him inside to guard in the future. Either way, he should be a good player for a long time.

Isnt the bust rate for 1st Round QB's around 80%? Why do so many get taken in the 1st Round? I dont think I'd ever draft a QB in Round 1. Go with a position which is more of a guatantee. Get your QBs in free agency.

On top of that $180M contract they just gave Cousins, MP was arguably a reach they could have traded down significantly and still gotten. Like this makes some Al Davis decisions look MENSA-esque.
Another weird thing, of the 180, only 100 is guaranteed - but 90 of the guaranteed money is in the first year.

He may well be Wilson's replacement after the upcoming season.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
2 Polynesians in the First 20. Its incredible how many Polynesian players are in the NFL. Read some articles on that and the numbers are astounding considering their population is small. That HS in Samoa produces far more NFL players per capita than any.

Isnt the bust rate for 1st Round QB's around 80%? Why do so many get taken in the 1st Round? I dont think I'd ever draft a QB in Round 1. Go with a position which is more of a guatantee. Get your QBs in free agency.

Free agency is going to yield a lousy player or a player who takes up way too much cap space more often than not. It's worth two busts if you find "the guy" the third time around. Hence why teams will part with multiple high picks to trade up for a QB.

I like it a lot. Makes sense for a few reasons:

• Top remaining offensive lineman on the board
• Fatanau can play OT or OG… what if they plug him in at guard and then move Daniels to center? Makes sense given they said they have “internal options” at center and Daniels previously played there in Chicago
So Tomlin just confirmed that he’ll play OT, not center. I think that opens up the door for them trading up and drafting a center tomorrow night.

So Tomlin just confirmed that he’ll play OT, not center. I think that opens up the door for them trading up and drafting a center tomorrow night.

I'm anti trading up just because we need so much, but I think it's a position where we should be able to find a decent option with one of the next three picks. I'd go WR, C, and CB in any order. And then we still need to land a free agent WR or trade for one.

I don’t know if they’ll need to move up to get a center. But in any case, with 2 WRs going off the board to end the 1st round and Buffalo starting off the 2nd round and also needing a WR, it’s going to be a battle over what position is more important at pick 2, C or WR?

Well, you've had like 10 posts in this thread already making the same boring complaints about Tomlin that I've read here and elsewhere 10 billion times over the past few years. I can't imagine one pick changing your mind.
say Tomlins name once, i guess people hear echos.
The thing is ART 2 is a turd and he gives him control. Tomlin has ruined this franchise more than most since Cowher left.

say Tomlins name once, i guess people hear echos.
The thing is ART 2 is a turd and he gives him control. Tomlin has ruined this franchise more than most since Cowher left.
“Tomlin might be the dumbest smart man alive........
He has gotten away with his nonsense for almost 2 decades now.”

“Steelers 8-9
we tried
tomlin makes another 11 million”

Some really high-minded sports discourse in Pittsburgh these days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT