ADVERTISEMENT

NIL effect on Early Coaching Firings

33Rocks

Heisman Candidate
Feb 4, 2004
NIL has really been a game changer...Not for the better if your a HC. It has created the sense of urgency in head coaching firings just games into the new season. I expect this trend to continue and intensify. The HC is not only expected to win by the fans but particularly so by boosters who because of NIL are now resurfacing in programs with much bigger influence on decision making. Those that put out the big bucks expect it NOW and SOONER rather than later. Days of tolerating losing or rebuilding are beginning to be replaced with...We don't have time to wait or we lose money and revenue. To be competitive programs are now being forced to move much more quickly. Early signing period in DEC and the Transfer portal are also a huge factor in today's game. NIL as it stands today is now a new nightmare for coaches not just in recruiting but job longevity. Coaches can't afford to have a bad year. College Football Landscape is moving toward a Pro Model. Not sure I like too see it heading in this direction. $$$$ is now doing the talking.

NIL has really been a game changer...Not for the better if your a HC. It has created the sense of urgency in head coaching firings just games into the new season. I expect this trend to continue and intensify. The HC is not only expected to win by the fans but particularly so by boosters who because of NIL are now resurfacing in programs with much bigger influence on decision making. Those that put out the big bucks expect it NOW and SOONER rather than later. Days of tolerating losing or rebuilding are beginning to be replaced with...We don't have time to wait or we lose money and revenue. To be competitive programs are now being forced to move much more quickly. Early signing period in DEC and the Transfer portal are also a huge factor in today's game. NIL as it stands today is now a new nightmare for coaches not just in recruiting but job longevity. Coaches can't afford to have a bad year. College Football Landscape is moving toward a Pro Model. Not sure I like too see it heading in this direction. $$$$ is now doing the talking.
Agreed, I said as much as well in the Chryst thread. It’s also tougher now because administrations can’t ignore boosters who used to be giving money under the table stealthily. With the payola now out in the open, these guys will openly be demanding to the administrations that their influence be regarded.

Reactions: USN_Panther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT