ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Proceeds

ChiefJusticeMarshall

Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 14, 2020
This is a great photo from 1979, Michigan State, Magic Johnson and Greg "Special K" Kelser. Anyone notice anything in the photo???

424906470_10228539481784282_4846516049509773260_n.jpg

The peace signs they glued on their very economically-priced vehicles?
I was at Pitt when Tony D was a senior. He used to motor around campus in a brand new jet black Monte Carlo. Very nice back in the day. I also knew a guy who worked for the Pitt campus police and he told me that you could have fed a third world country with the money that Tony owed for parking tickets.

The all time greatest "flaunt the money" moment I can remember was watching Oklahoma play Nebraska (probably around 1978/79). The Oklahoma QB (whose name I honestly can't remember) was injured for the game and wasn't going to play. Weather was really cold and this guy shows up in a full length coyote coat. He's on national TV strutting around. I'm thinking...dude, wear your beat up P-Coat, not the fur. I'm sure there were no illegal inducements going on at OK though.

Cruzer

I was at Pitt when Tony D was a senior. He used to motor around campus in a brand new jet black Monte Carlo. Very nice back in the day. I also knew a guy who worked for the Pitt campus police and he told me that you could have fed a third world country with the money that Tony owed for parking tickets.

The all time greatest "flaunt the money" moment I can remember was watching Oklahoma play Nebraska (probably around 1978/79). The Oklahoma QB (whose name I honestly can't remember) was injured for the game and wasn't going to play. Weather was really cold and this guy shows up in a full length coyote coat. He's on national TV strutting around. I'm thinking...dude, wear your beat up P-Coat, not the fur. I'm sure there were no illegal inducements going on at OK though.

Cruzer
Haha. OBJ on the sideline at LSU throwing money around has to be right up there near the top.

I heard a good one from a friend I had that worked in SI at Tennessee. Bernard King must have been hell on wheels back in his college days, as there are several stories about him. Imo, the craziest involved his extortion of an assistant coach. After pregame warm-ups, the team would back to the locker room, the lights would go out at the arena and a spotlight would shine on a giant T the players would run through as the starters were individually introduced. Bernard told the assistant (Stu Aberdeen) that he wasn't going to leave the locker room until Stu gave him the Rolex he was wearing. Long story short, King got his Rolex.

Cruzer
The player parking lot at Oklahoma was legendary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT