ADVERTISEMENT

Nits get another top WR

GT74

All Conference
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2001
New Castle
Transfer Malik McClain from Fla St. 4* out of HS. Wonder if Cephas noticed. Also hired new WR coach today.

Gee, I wonder if HCPN professing his love for running the football has anything to do with us striking out on WR's in the portal???

Gee, I wonder if HCPN professing his love for running the football has anything to do with us striking out on WR's in the portal???
You don’t think a QB who stunk and the best player on the team being a running back had anything to do with running the ball more?

Mumpfield’s best game and Means’s second best game was the bowl game, without Slovis and Izzy.

Reactions: sonofabit

I mean, that probably doesn't help. But the three things working against us are probaly:

1) NIL Money

2) Uncertainty - more of an issue for high school recruits, I imagine, but I suspect plenty of these peckerheads are feeding recruits BS like the ACC not being around much longer, etc.

3) Academics, insofar as credits not transferring. This cost us a receiver this past Fall, and I'm pretty sure it cost us Cephas. Neither could have gained eligibility as quickly at Pitt as they could have elsewhere. Guys don't want to sit there twiddling their thumbs for 4 months. They want to get the show on the road asap.

I mean, these are in addition to all the usual hurdles (attendance, etc.)

Cephas isnt going to play much. Not as good as Mumpfield.
And Mumpfield himself is nothing special.
You don’t think a QB who stunk and the best player on the team being a running back had anything to do with running the ball more?

Mumpfield’s best game and Means’s second best game was the bowl game, without Slovis and Izzy.
He said all that stupid $hit before Slovis ever took a practice snap.

Penn State convinced most of their draft guys to come back for a year. Got a few big transfers. Their young QB is supposed to be a God. Going to be great when they have the exact same season they have every other year and finish 3rd place.

10-2 Might as well not even play the season. We all know the outcome. 10 wins for getting off the bus. Lose to OSU, lose to Michigan

10-2 Might as well not even play the season. We all know the outcome. 10 wins for getting off the bus. Lose to OSU, lose to Michigan
Yeah bro...we lost to GA Tech and Louisville. They had a good year.....not a great year, but they took care of their business unlike us. We should have had the same record as them at worst. Not sure they were better than us this year, but perception is reality.

You don't think David Adams will be enough to put them over the edge?

Sorry... Meant Speca. I was mixing up my injury-prone white WPIAL linebackers who are better suited for the way football was played 20 years ago.

Somehow all the great Penn State recruits don't do as well as some Rival 3-star Pitt recruits.

Jordan Addison WR (Rival 3-star) was coached and developed at Pitt to win the Biletnikoff Award in 2021.
Izzy Abanikanda RB (Rival 3-star) had 1467 yds and 20 TD in his sophomore season and will probably go high in the NFL Draft.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Yeah 709 yds in the Mac isn't jumping out at me I wondered what the hype is?
I think it's a function of there not being any elite WRs in the portal this year--no Addison or Jameson Williams. So there's a premium on guys who have at least played a lot of snaps and had some production.

UGA took the top 2 WRs in the portal, and neither of them had standout numbers as P5 starters.

A player like Cephas can step in and immediately fill a hole but he isn't going to change anyone's season. That said, we have a hole, and could have used him.

I think it's a function of there not being any elite WRs in the portal this year--no Addison or Jameson Williams. So there's a premium on guys who have at least played a lot of snaps and had some production.

UGA took the top 2 WRs in the portal, and neither of them had standout numbers as P5 starters.

A player like Cephas can step in and immediately fill a hole but he isn't going to change anyone's season. That said, we have a hole, and could have used him.
I can accept but people act like he is a program changer which he isnt

You bring up enabler u in every other post. Beat it you bother me.
Me and everyone else on the board. If you don't like what i post don't read it. You just don't like it because its true. If we are in on a player and we don't get him he goes from a savior to trash. It doesn't matter if its PSU, WVU or any other college. Being that this post was about PSU getting a receiver why wouldn't yo bring them up. I see it's almost your bedtime so get mommy to tell you a story and off to bed

Me and everyone else on the board. If you don't like what i post don't read it. You just don't like it because its true. If we are in on a player and we don't get him he goes from a savior to trash. It doesn't matter if its PSU, WVU or any other college. Being that this post was about PSU getting a receiver why wouldn't yo bring them up. I see it's almost your bedtime so get mommy to tell you a story and off to bed
Loser enabler and my beloved mom passed away

Let me just add that I have had some health issues the last few months but I am feeling a little better and will defend my school always. Maybe you should spend more time on the team you root for

Reactions: PittFanDan17
B1G is arguably thr worst football conference in P5, outside of OSU and Mich they are all terrible. Year in and year out

Let me just add that I have had some health issues the last few months but I am feeling a little better and will defend my school always. Maybe you should spend more time on the team you root for
Your the best poster on this board brother, hope you are feeling better. Glad to see you back to posting more (even though i am not able to be on hear much anymore)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT