ADVERTISEMENT

Ex-Pitt offer transferring from Northwestern

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
Following the fallout of the Northwestern hazing scandal, former Pitt offer and 4* freshman S/LB Nigel Glover has entered the transfer portal. He’s from Ohio and was the Wildcats’ highest rated recruit in the 2023 class.

How aggressive were we previously with Glover’s commitment? If he is looking to remain at a top academic institution, we might be a possible landing spot. Duke also offered him, but they already have three commitments at his position in this class.

Reactions: jctrack
Following the fallout of the Northwestern hazing scandal, former Pitt offer and 4* freshman S/LB Nigel Glover has entered the transfer portal. He’s from Ohio and was the Wildcats’ highest rated recruit in the 2023 class.

How aggressive were we previously with Glover’s commitment? If he is looking to remain at a top academic institution, we might be a possible landing spot. Duke also offered him, but they already have three commitments at his position in this class.
If Duz offered originally he must have wanted him. We can always use good LB. With the slippage in the commits for next season, Duz should pick up the NIL Hotline and order up a tidy little sack of goodies for this guy. But (sigh) we never exploit the hard times of other schools nearly like we should (and they certainly do to us).

If Duz offered originally he must have wanted him. We can always use good LB. With the slippage in the commits for next season, Duz should pick up the NIL Hotline and order up a tidy little sack of goodies for this guy. But (sigh) we never exploit the hard times of other schools nearly like we should (and they certainly do to us).
Yeah you're right but we also don't do the other things some coaches do in this slimeball industry so if our coach wants to be moral Orel let him....it could be a lot worse.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Yeah you're right but we also don't do the other things some coaches do in this slimeball industry so if our coach wants to be moral Orel let him....it could be a lot worse.
It’s not even immoral or illegal or against the rules. Paying these guys is totally fine now. It’s ugly but it’s what takes.

I don’t think the guy would have come here, likely. Probably never really seriously considered us.

But we really should have gone hard after the hoops player from WVU when Huggy got fired (forced out, or whatever). But we never put the boot on the neck. It just gets old, we’re Mary Poppins in a Deep Throat business.

It’s not even immoral or illegal or against the rules. Paying these guys is totally fine now. It’s ugly but it’s what takes.

I don’t think the guy would have come here, likely. Probably never really seriously considered us.

But we really should have gone hard after the hoops player from WVU when Huggy got fired (forced out, or whatever). But we never put the boot on the neck. It just gets old, we’re Mary Poppins in a Deep Throat business.
Yeah you bring up some good points. I'm sure they have some money for NIL who they are spending it on we may never know, but could you really see WVU players transferring to Pitt? It would be like when Anakin or however you spell his name switched to the dark side.
darth vader GIF

Yeah you bring up some good points. I'm sure they have some money for NIL who they are spending it on we may never know, but could you really see WVU players transferring to Pitt? It would be like when Anakin or however you spell his name switched to the dark side.
darth vader GIF
We were supposedly in the guy’s top 3 already. So, for enough money would he have come? Sure he would have.

Why would it be so immoral? The kid is a freshman that signed on to play for a coach. That coach was fired. And they are playing this season with an interim coach before hiring a permanent replacement. I can see why a kid would want to move on and not waste a year. And I don’t think a coach taking transfers in this situation are wrong either.

Reactions: Parkview57
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT