ADVERTISEMENT

Non political how can Americans help Ukraine and its neighbors

ratking17

Head Coach
Mar 15, 2009
Let's do something non political and something that actually is positive.

I saw Matthew Dowd post this charity. Seems completely legit and an easy one to donate to with actual tangible benefits.

World central kitchen is providing meals on the polish border to Ukrainian families fleeing.

No doubt. That's why I spent quite a bit of time looking into this charity. Absolutely on the up and up. Has their Financials listed on their website. Found quite a few news articles detailing their work.

How about sending Seal Team 6 to Russia to pay a visit to Putin?
You realize that Russia has over 4,000 nuclear warheads at its disposal, and would not likely take too kindly to US attempts to do what you suggest?
I think that in due time, the end result of this adventure is that someone on the inside takes Putin out.

I think that in due time, the end result of this adventure is that someone on the inside takes Putin out.
What would someone have to gain by risking that, though. From what I understand, the people around Putin are there because they support him completely. He comes from the KGB, it will be very difficult to fool him. Of course, anything is possible.

Agreed. He is doing a lot of damage (with no real beneficial endgame) and losing a lot of wealthy Russians a lot of money. I think that is possible this is how it ends.

Agreed. He is doing a lot of damage (with no real beneficial endgame) and losing a lot of wealthy Russians a lot of money. I think that is possible this is how it ends.
My speculation is that a group of the military and intelligence brass realizes that the man is batshit crazy and is a danger to them all.

My speculation is that a group of the military and intelligence brass realizes that the man is batshit crazy and is a danger to them all.
The irrationality of all this would seem to cause some concern that he is becoming (or has become) psychologically or physiologically deranged. 🤔

And he still likely is the guy with his finger on the button. What are the checks and balances there? 🤷‍♂️

To get this back on topic, IMO the Red Cross is not a good choice. It has very high expenses and the percentage of its funds going to actual charity is not that good. It’s not a scam by any means but there are better choices.

Here is one:

And another:

Both are helping refugees crossing the border. If you want a larger list of organizations, including raising money for the Ukrainian Army, look at this list. Unfortunately, I can’t post the entire thread, but she links a large number of organizations from those providing soldiers with supplies to those helping refugees:

What would someone have to gain by risking that, though. From what I understand, the people around Putin are there because they support him completely. He comes from the KGB, it will be very difficult to fool him. Of course, anything is possible.
Putin has a security detail of 3000 men. But so did Caesar. Plenty of oligarchs unhappy with him. Russia is a plutocracy governed by a insular dictator getting bad advice from about five of his former KGB cronies.

Russia is a mafia state… the mob … Putin can be taken out eventually… he’s already pissing off the Deripaska types…

it won’t happen but it would be a thing of beauty to see Russia wind up with Navalny when this is over…

You realize that Russia has over 4,000 nuclear warheads at its disposal, and would not likely take too kindly to US attempts to do what you suggest?
If they gave over 4,000 nuclear warheads at their disposal, I would be willing to vet that the USA and other NATO countries have many more then that available. You can't let a wild man (and it sure seems that Putin is traveling down that track) put fear into the rest of the world.
I seriously doubt that everyone in the Russian military is on-board with his thinking and eventually, someone within the Russian government, with commonsense is going to step in and hadnle the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT