ADVERTISEMENT

Nothing spells SCUM like Miami

There are more than that article states. Last year he broke into an elderly woman's trailer to rape her. He was arrested at the time for burglary, and was not able to commit the rape because a neighbor intervened.

I found an article that describes it:

"The most recent incident occurred during the June 7 case which resulted in Winslow’s arrest for attempted burglary. Although his publicist at the time said an “over reactive neighbor” called the police on Winslow II, police say he entered with intent to rape.

During that incident, a neighbor called police when she saw a man enter a mobile home where an 86-year-old woman was sleeping. According to the neighbor, the man left the mobile home without wearing a shirt and drove away."

https://www.bet.com/news/sports/201...r--charged-for-raping-two-women-over-50.html#!

I wonder how many more there are?

From my experience, Miami fans are the worst in the ACC. Completely disrespectful, and incredibly arrogant.

To be fair to the U, this ***hole would have been a POS no matter where he went to school.
Yeah, not fair to put in on the university for a criminals actions. Not to mention he went there over a decade ago.

From my experience, Miami fans are the worst in the ACC. Completely disrespectful, and incredibly arrogant.
And none of them went there. True U alums are great people, its a very good school

He grew up privileged and coddled by his famous daddy who wouldn't let Junior sign with Washington (where he really wanted to go) out of H.S. because there weren't enough African-American coaches on Neuheisel's staff. He has a long history of trouble and erratic, sometimes violent behavior. Pretty obvious combination of being an entitled, arrogant, immature, stupid a$$hole with a daddy who enabled him, and good old fashioned mental illness.

Yeah, not fair to put in on the university for a criminals actions. Not to mention he went there over a decade ago.

And none of them went there. True U alums are great people, its a very good school
Ordinarily I'd agree with you, there's way too much of that kind of nonsense on this board--"this scumbag went to school X, so school X is a scumbag school"--but The U was a scumbag, renegade program that actively sought scumbag players throughout its glory years. That is a proven fact and the stain from those days is still on the institution.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
I hate those ESPN "30 for 30" pieces that were done on those Miami teams. Instead of taking an objective, unbiased look at what was happening in Miami in those days, those were nothing but "fan boy" adulation - very unlike other "30 for 30"'s that ESPN did before or after.

I hate those ESPN "30 for 30" pieces that were done on those Miami teams. Instead of taking an objective, unbiased look at what was happening in Miami in those days, those were nothing but "fan boy" adulation - very unlike other "30 for 30"'s that ESPN did before or after.
Probably because ESPN itself rode the coattails of Miami during the 80s and wholly encouraged all the deviant behavior because it got attention and ratings.

To that end, Miami probably should be given a sheepish gratitude from all the other blue blood programs and frankly all other hanger-on football programs (us included) because the profile of college football (and thus the revenues) got raised by DaU and other renegade behavior.

I'm certainly not a fan but certainly can recognize that college football rose into "showtime" prominence largely thanks to their antics. For better or worse. As an old curmudgeon fan I would say worse, but i suppose Pitt admin would say better, as we get to cash in on college football's overall largess now, to fund other sports.

Edit, as far as this creep, the worse that can happen to him the better.

Reactions: CbgPanther
It was like the Fab Five 30/30. Focused on the quaint narrative of a group of supremely talented freshmen introducing the fashion trend of baggy shorts and bringing urban hip hop culture to a historically stodgy institution. Conveniently ignored the hundreds of thousands of dollars in soft money payments that went to the players, their families and handlers to get them all there in the first place, the way they alienated and mistreated the older players on the team that were there before them, the way they were coddled and allowed to run their own show by their sanctimonious a$$hole coach, Steve Fisher, the way Fisher had to hire Jalen Rose's high school coach as part of the package, the way the cops had to pull Rose out of drug houses in Detroit while he was at Michigan, the way Webber was crying about how college athletes should be paid because the schools make so much money off of them, while at the same time taking hundreds of thousands in handouts from Ed Martin, etc. etc. etc.

That was as scumbag of a program as there was in the country back then. At least UNLV didn't try to pretend they were something else.

Then again, the segment was produced by none other than Jalen Rose..........

Reactions: Panther Parrothead
Ordinarily I'd agree with you, there's way too much of that kind of nonsense on this board--"this scumbag went to school X, so school X is a scumbag school"--but The U was a scumbag, renegade program that actively sought scumbag players throughout its glory years. That is a proven fact and the stain from those days is still on the institution.
You're a liar if you're saying you wouldnt trade those Miami dynasty years along with those players rather than what we did during the 80's and 90's.

He grew up privileged and coddled by his famous daddy who wouldn't let Junior sign with Washington (where he really wanted to go) out of H.S. because there weren't enough African-American coaches on Neuheisel's staff. He has a long history of trouble and erratic, sometimes violent behavior. Pretty obvious combination of being an entitled, arrogant, immature, stupid a$$hole with a daddy who enabled him, and good old fashioned mental illness.

I think it was because Neuheisel was a scab during the strike.
Senior wanted his son to play for a black coach, but that wasn't the reason why he didn't let his son go to UW. He didn't want his son playing for a replacement player during the strike.

Eh. If you were arguing this was like the UF thing where it appears the University covered up crimes for football players under Meyer or didn't punish crimes, that would be one thing.

But you're not claiming Winslow was out breaking the law while at Miami and Miami covered it up. There's no evidence for that.

all these 30 30 shows have turned into fanboy documentaries. the first few started out good then went downhill.

I saw one about the Colorado buffs for crying out loud. if you are gonna do one, at least have it on a team that won something. What stunk is there was a good story to be told, Aunese dying of cancer but they promoted it as the HC's faith so first two minutes talked about aunese knocking up his daughter, how he was cool with it and the rest of the 98% of it was showing eric bienemy highlights..

one was nothing but Iverson highlights. he had troubled youth, great, no kidding, never heard that story before. then the rest was him breaking ankles on his cross over..

You're a liar if you're saying you wouldnt trade those Miami dynasty years along with those players rather than what we did during the 80's and 90's.
had pitt stuck with sherrill or even Jimmy Johnson in '78, we could have been that renegade but successful program in the 80's. we had the foundation laid, coaching staff with zero morals, rich alumni willing to cheat but dagnabit if we don't let little things like education get in the way of a potentially good thing..

had pitt stuck with sherrill or even Jimmy Johnson in '78, we could have been that renegade but successful program in the 80's. we had the foundation laid, coaching staff with zero morals, rich alumni willing to cheat but dagnabit if we don't let little things like education get in the way of a potentially good thing..

Pitt wasn’t very good at educating anyone in 80’s.

its really a hypothetical more than anything

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT