ADVERTISEMENT

O.T. Steelers Have To Start Russ

Dec 20, 2019
I am not a Steelers fan. But I absolutely believe they have to start Russ. Justin Fields has been okay, but the whole reason they blew up their QB room is because they wanted to be better than okay at QB. Kenny didn't get a fair chance IDGAF what anybody thinks because he was a better quarterback at the beginning of his Steelers career than he was at the end of it. That screams coaching! In spite of they weren't winning a Superbowl this year with Kenny, Mitch, or Mason.....and guess what....they ain't winning one with Justin either. They could have gotten Justin level play out of Kenny and had him on a rookie deal for 2-3 more years (assuming they picked up 5th year option). They brought in Russ to get over the hump with a fringe elite but aging defense. If they don't at least make a significant run at the playoffs this year it will be mission not accomplished and now they gotta pay 1 or 2 quarterbacks and still be in middling mode or perhaps be forced to blow the MFer up and trade some of their aging defenders to a true contender for draft capital.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
i've literally gone back and forth 40 times this week saying yes it's a smart move to no, it's terrible and back and forth..

i've actually kind of liked Fields play but i do believe he's missing some wide open throws, either not making the reads or just not seeing it.

So yeah, im ok with making the move. Fields has actually progressed a bit the last two games. im not saying its the right move, im not saying its the wrong move, im just saying "it was a move that could work." and lets face it, it's not like if it doesnt work out, you cant start fields again in a week or two..

I know the jets are the jets but damned if this team doesnt look good on paper man. Adams, Wilson, Rodgers, that Hall is a good RB. This is going to be a very tough game for us. Yes "US", i said it, i play for the steelers.

Im glad Highsmith is back, hoping Warren is healthy and possibly Patterson. I think that Tryce dude may play too.

I think Fields can be fixed - his big flaw is that he doesn’t seem to have the concept of putting touch on his passes. Every pass is a bullet, whether it has to be or not.

The passes come in at too low a trajectory for a WR like Pinkens to use his skills to win the jump balls. If you put garbage cans at 10, 20, 30, and 40 yards, Fields could knock them over but he couldn’t drop the ball into them.

Steeler’s need to find Fields a passing tutor.

I think Fields can be fixed - his big flaw is that he doesn’t seem to have the concept of putting touch on his passes. Every pass is a bullet, whether it has to be or not.

The passes come in at too low a trajectory for a WR like Pinkens to use his skills to win the jump balls. If you put garbage cans at 10, 20, 30, and 40 yards, Fields could knock them over but he couldn’t drop the ball into them.

Steeler’s need to find Fields a passing tutor.
That's not even his biggest problem. Fields doesn't attempt passes unless he sees the WR get open. You can't play like that. Once you see the guy open the ball should already be out of your hand. There's a reason his best plays come when the play breaks down. During a scramble drill WRs will often be wide open. During the structure of a play NFL defenses don't usually let guys get a yard of separation though.

That's not even his biggest problem. Fields doesn't attempt passes unless he sees the WR get open. You can't play like that. Once you see the guy open the ball should already be out of your hand. There's a reason his best plays come when the play breaks down. During a scramble drill WRs will often be wide open. During the structure of a play NFL defenses don't usually let guys get a yard of separation though.
i am curious if the play book "opens up" or at least the pass game, with Wilson now. Yes, he's going to get sacked and we lost that element of fields taking off but what if those open throws or missed open wrs are now being thrown too by Wilson?

yes, you lose something with wilson over fields but you have to believe that the passing attack will be better? no?

I am not a Steelers fan. But I absolutely believe they have to start Russ. Justin Fields has been okay, but the whole reason they blew up their QB room is because they wanted to be better than okay at QB. Kenny didn't get a fair chance IDGAF what anybody thinks because he was a better quarterback at the beginning of his Steelers career than he was at the end of it. That screams coaching! In spite of they weren't winning a Superbowl this year with Kenny, Mitch, or Mason.....and guess what....they ain't winning one with Justin either. They could have gotten Justin level play out of Kenny and had him on a rookie deal for 2-3 more years (assuming they picked up 5th year option). They brought in Russ to get over the hump with a fringe elite but aging defense. If they don't at least make a significant run at the playoffs this year it will be mission not accomplished and now they gotta pay 1 or 2 quarterbacks and still be in middling mode or perhaps be forced to blow the MFer up and trade some of their aging defenders to a true contender for draft capital.
Russ? You guys are pals I take it.

i've literally gone back and forth 40 times this week saying yes it's a smart move to no, it's terrible and back and forth..

i've actually kind of liked Fields play but i do believe he's missing some wide open throws, either not making the reads or just not seeing it.

So yeah, im ok with making the move. Fields has actually progressed a bit the last two games. im not saying its the right move, im not saying its the wrong move, im just saying "it was a move that could work." and lets face it, it's not like if it doesnt work out, you cant start fields again in a week or two..

I know the jets are the jets but damned if this team doesnt look good on paper man. Adams, Wilson, Rodgers, that Hall is a good RB. This is going to be a very tough game for us. Yes "US", i said it, i play for the steelers.

Im glad Highsmith is back, hoping Warren is healthy and possibly Patterson. I think that Tryce dude may play too.
Fields hasn't been great but he's 4-2. Just to be clear, this was going to happen regardless of how Fields has played. If this goes poorly, and I suspect it may because of what we saw last year out of Wilson, this could really get ugly. Of course Tomlin is Teflon so they'll find someone else to blame.

Russ? You guys are pals I take it.
Heck no!!! I don't hate him because I think he is generally a good role model and citizen....(I cheered for Ben Rothlesberger so yeah) but he started this whole chain reaction because the Steelers thought he could put them over the top to win a Super Bowl. They have enough of a sample size to know while serviceable Fields ain't getting them to a Super Bowl....maybe not even a playoff win. They owe it to their selves and honestly their fans to find out if he has any magic left. They got dude at a literal once in a lifetime bargain. Fields doesn't command the type of money Russ does. If he is finished so be it, but please let's stop acting like Justin Fields is in line to make the Pro Bowl or something 🤣. I love and hate Steelers fans at the same time.

Coming in hot !
🤔
cocaine GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT