ADVERTISEMENT

Off topic: Princess Diana....

Saboteur

All Conference
Jan 15, 2015
Many places. but not all
I never understood the fascination. Her death was the result of foolish and terrible behavior for sure and I felt badly she died as she did.
But the worship train 20 years later....is this just people and magazines and the BBC in a money grab or are people still so damn bore/dissatisfied with their own lives that they fall over themselves with grief?
She was pretty, shy, and married to a stiff born into nobility....apart from the nobility part, she has no unique experiences....failed marriages happen all the time.
Why the interest now? 20 years later.

Reactions: Springfield Panther
I heard a recent conspiracy theory that she announced a new Muslim boyfriend and was killed shortly after, no videos, in a tunnel, no questions.

Honestly I never heard this theory but more people I speak too, the more it makes sense. Nowadays it is weird considering europes love for getting colonized by Islam but 20 years ago, it was still a foreign concept.

Thoughts?

I heard a recent conspiracy theory that she announced a new Muslim boyfriend and was killed shortly after, no videos, in a tunnel, no questions.

Honestly I never heard this theory but more people I speak too, the more it makes sense. Nowadays it is weird considering europes love for getting colonized by Islam but 20 years ago, it was still a foreign concept.

Thoughts?
Hi know her boyfriends daddy owned HARRODS and he was from the Mid East. That could not have sat well with the royals...just as when Jackie O married the Greek guy. She needed money and protection. She got both.
Who knows...to me Diana always had that deer in the headlights look (no pun intended).

My wife's family is from the UK. She was looked at as an advocate for the common people. She did a lot of charity work and didn't fit the mold of the typical cold royal.

It is why Kate is loved today.

Diana "visited" many 3rd world countries. she did not do much charity work in her $2k riding boots, makeup and $400 hairstyle.

she was media built when the royals needed attention after scadals and the increasing feeling england was no longer in live with their history.

Diana was nothing more than a concerned tourist

Right people like her not based on her death but based on the work she did. Her husband Charles was a jerk ... it was pretty well documented at the time. But she definitely had some connection to the "common people " something the Royal family lacked for generations prior.

It's not how she died any more than it was for MLK it's how she lived

Diana "visited" many 3rd world countries. she did not do much charity work in her $2k riding boots, makeup and $400 hairstyle.

she was media built when the royals needed attention after scadals and the increasing feeling england was no longer in live with their history.

Diana was nothing more than a concerned tourist

Where do you get your info? She was a good supporter of charities. Google is your friend...

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/features/a9639085/princess-diana-charity-work/

Reactions: Hotshoe
attaching your name to a charity is not to be confused with doing charity work

Thoughts?
This was in the Daily Mail Jan. 2008

Diana's mother 'called her a whore for sleeping with Muslim men'

Read more:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-whore-sleeping-Muslim-men.html#ixzz4qyn5lTqP
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter|DailyMail on Facebook

Seems to me she was ahead of her time when it comes to Euros??? Their Muslim populations range from 20% - 30% depending on the country!

Today when a famous female is labeled a slut or a whore they get famous and rich just use the Kardashian's ( however you spell it), or Paris Hilton all talentless females who became famous somehow?

Last edited:
He has no clue.... zero it's obvious... but taking stupid swipes without a knowledge base to draw from... THAT he knows pretty well apparently

Yep. May be the worst post of the year. She was a fine person and great lady. She gave her heart and soul to Africa. Here, educate yourself.

http://charity.lovetoknow.com/Charity_Work_of_Princess_Diana

this link shows exactly what i said, she visited places and lent her face to some organizations. how does that justify this media loan affair with her?. her work stands in tall shadows of what thousands do daily in terms of real charitable work. but because she was part of the royal family she is league's above everyone else appratently.

keep reading the news clippings

Last edited:
How did I know these anti Diana posts would boil down to " something something media".... with no documentation... just as all this shoot from the hip crap....

Reactions: Hotshoe
I lived in London at the time of Diana's death. The ensuing publicity and the focus of the entire U.K. at the time was unbelievable. The royalty in the U.K. Is placed on a pedestal that's hard for Americans to understand and Diana was the First Lady, Beyonce and Jaylo rolled into one. I can still remember visiting Herods after her death and her portrait being surrounded by roses- Herods was of course owned by her boyfriend's father.

Last edited:
Reactions: BuffetParrothead
Thanks for the help. I suspect part of it is looking to sell and make money from her. Death was a great career move for Elvis, Monroe and others.
I realize she did charity work, but what else does one do in that job. Charles was/is a drip and I wouldn't cross the street to see him. I suppose it's one of those things that happens when your life is 24/7/365 news. People relate to some part of the story. Maybe it's just because she was a kind person in a crappy marriage with all the world watching.

She died on my 11th birthday which is I guess why it is always stuck with me. She did seem like a person that cared about people and didn't consider herself above everyone else.

I think Kate Middleton seems like that too. Could probably run into her and not even realize who it was.

Everybody should know by now that she didn't really die 20 years ago in that car crash. The "body" photographed by paparazzi was, in fact, a mannequin from Mohamed Al-Fayed's department store dressed to look like her. The CIA has secret photos of her (and Elvis) detonating the "controlled demolition" of Building Seven at the World Trade Center on September 11th. Her knickers were found days later in the rubble. I saw it on YouTube so it must be true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT