ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, so Dulac with yet another Bradley,secondary article

TIGER-PAUL

Athletic Director
Jan 14, 2005
Does that cover it now for all the media Staters, Colegian people?
And already had Madden (who'd a thunk)? and still a big one coming from Ron.
No doubt Tom a made man locally.

It was a very timely article. The PG just ran one with DC Keith Butler stressing that the team would be focused on teaching the fundamentals of tackling during training camp. With Bradley as one of the key new coaches on the staff at a position where the team has invested a lot of high draft picks, including this year's top pick, it makes perfect sense to write an article on the new secondary coach. It was going to be written no matter who they hired.

When will the Steelers hire Franco as running backs coach? At least he once spent time in the NFL. Guess he doesn't have a relative on the staff who can shill for him.

You realize Bradley in his second year as DC at Ucla had the worst defense in the schools history. Players kinda tired of Lake who was an all pro and certainly knew the NFL. Remarkably much more man to man coverage is anticipated so it will be interesting.

Oh FFS. What are you worried about. My god some of you are just........

This hire has to be one of the worst smoke n mirror deals ever... I mean was it just due to local watering hole sports writers who are buddy connections ?

I can’t understand it on any level

Who should the Steelers have hired to be their DB coach?
Not Tom Bradley!

I'm getting the feeling that Art Rooney II takes after his grandfather more than his father, hiring coaches like Bradley and Todd Haley mainly due to their families connection to the team is something The Chief would do.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
Not Tom Bradley!

I'm getting the feeling that Art Rooney II takes after his grandfather more than his father, hiring coaches like Bradley and Todd Haley mainly due to their families connection to the team is something The Chief would do.
That may be, but I always thought The Chief had more integrity than to hire someone who knew his friend was sexually abusing little boys, and didn't do anything about it.

the whole pgh media is on his nuts recently. story this morning is how Bradley is going to teach all of our defenders the art of tackling.. no more big plays given up by our team steeler fans, Bradley is here to bring us all back to the basics..

Wait until all the documents are released. Then let's listen to Bradley fanatics chirp.
I don’t get it , what is going to come out?

Grandpa Munster never wrote anything down...The Three Stooges went to court.

Anybody thinking there’s some big GOTCHA moment going to hurt State College Univ any worse than what’s already happened......

I’ve got some bad news.

Not Tom Bradley!

Who then? Who was the ideal candidate to coach Steeler DBacks? What are the necessary qualifications? Who would Dan Rooney have hired? Does the owner hire the DB and RB coaches?

While I didn't think the article was any big deal, I thought it was a little odd that Dulac mentioned this was the first time Bradley met with the local media since he was hired in February. Why would anyone care how often an assistant talks to the media? Maybe Dulac is a little sensitive about the PSU bias, whether real or perceived?

Regardless, if this is the first time Bradley met with the media it makes sense that there would be some articles written.

Who then? Who was the ideal candidate to coach Steeler DBacks? What are the necessary qualifications? Who would Dan Rooney have hired? Does the owner hire the DB and RB coaches?
There's a ton of DB/Secondary coaches out there who'd jump at chance to be on the Steelers staff, Bradley got hired because of who his brother is, just like Haley with his daddy. Dan Rooney wasn't a hiring cronies type of owner and it got him 6 Super Bowls, the old man hired his cronies, drinking/gambling buddies and they only had a handful of winning seasons. Bradley and Haley should have never been hired, they did horribly in their previous jobs and were never great or even very good to begin with.

And what are the credentials of the ton of DB/Secondary coaches out there? I would think hiring a D1 P5 Defensive Coordinator to be an NFL DB coach is an acceptable move. Who is Pitt's DB coach and what are his credentials.

There are alot of worse hires.
Just saying anywhere else he doesn't get the press equal to if they hired Rod Woodson. He has more media connections locally (mostly former staters, collegianites) than Tony Soprano.

Also, are we going to ignore the article the PG ran June 13th on new WR coach Darryl Drake or June 14th on new DL coach Karl Dunbar? Then again, that doesn't fit into the narrative.

Teams will overlook things like the wife beater LJ Johnson if he brings something to the team. Bradley never had success beyond the sheltered cloistered program at PSU. Even then he rarely made anyone a NFL pro bowl player as secondary coach. Again this was his brother using said influence to bring his brother to employment. I just think he may find the NFL a different animal as he has zero experience in pro coaching.

Also, are we going to ignore the article the PG ran June 13th on new WR coach Darryl Drake or June 14th on new DL coach Karl Dunbar? Then again, that doesn't fit into the narrative.

Nope, not at all.
But so far local Fitipaldo, Dulac, Gorman, Adamski, Madden, Rutter have written one that I can remember. And thats not including twitter or videos.
And how Cook has held off this long is a miracle.

Congratulations, Tom! First job in the NFL in your sixties. I hope you are aware that they will reduce your Social Security checks now.

ADVERTISEMENT